oculus latest update, 10/09/18

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
todays update is preventing my GTX1080ti/CV1 to work.
This morning all was fine and this afternoon after the update nothing works.
anyone else is on the same boat?
Does someone has a solution?

OK, I played In Death for 45 minutes and it threw an exception which is the first time I've ever seen that. I was able to start it right back up and keep playing, but it was still going strong after an hour.

I'm only running a 4 core i5 without hyper threading.

Upvote 0
Rift software is a complete PITA.
They seem to break more than they fix with 'updates'.
Having to re-download over 5 Gigs each and every time you even remotely have to troubleshoot any issue requiring re-installation is idiotic.
Why the heck can't I have an executable to re-install...like almost every other piece of hardware does?
I sold mine two weeks ago. That was one of the factors.
The hardware was not bad, but these guys really need to get their act together where support is concerned.
I can't believe they're under the 'blanket' of somebody with as deep pockets as Facebook.
From a customer standpoint, it's like a backyard garage operation.
Looking up forums for support and waiting two...sometimes three days to get a generated reply to questions on issues.

Upvote 0
Interesting. The only reinstall I ever did on my Rift software was when their security token expired and everyone had to download a new install. Otherwise over the last 18 months, mine has been rock solid. I haven't fought with any demons of any kind. I haven't bothered to update my 1080Ti driver mostly because the updates don't apply to me since I don't play the games they mention.

I'll admit that I don't like the new Oculus home, but I typically run games directly from Steam on the desktop or my NLRv3 launcher on the desktop for driving/flight sims. I never use either the Steam or Oculus home environment for anything.

Upvote 0
I can figure out what taking me fps but since last Nvidia update its terrible whit my 2080ti...
I put Multithreading to off in the bios and help me a little bit whit fps stability...
But it sick that acc is lock to 45 fps and is now way more stable than ac because of those frame drops

Upvote 0
Has there been another mini Oculus update in the past few days? I've noticed that my eye-level dashboard is now back to normal desk height.
Oculus Homeless is still intact so I don't *think* their normal full-fat stealth update has been forced on me, unless Oculus are now respecting people's decision about removing bloat.

Yeah.... right.

Upvote 0
I've read that the Rift performs better using OpenVR than with the native Oculus gubbins. Is this true?
Any tips for setting up OpenVR for use with Asseto Corsa? I've only ever used Oculus.

Upvote 0
I'd be very curious to hear if you can even tell a difference. Typical native Oculus has faster frame rates.

I've tried a few games both ways and haven't noticed a difference yet.

Upvote 0
Select OpenVR from the video settings menu in CM, have SteamVR installed in Steam, and that's pretty much it. I think ASW is built into the Rift so you shouldn't get the SteamVR smoothing instead, but I cannot be certain of this because I hated SteamVR when I had to use it and never felt compelled to use it when I had the choice. Not sure how super sampling goes with SteamVR using Oculus but the slider is there and pretty easy to use, just not sure how it will apply and if the debug tool is still in effect whilst using SteamVR.

Upvote 0
Select OpenVR from the video settings menu in CM, have SteamVR installed in Steam, and that's pretty much it. I think ASW is built into the Rift so you shouldn't get the SteamVR smoothing instead, but I cannot be certain of this because I hated SteamVR when I had to use it and never felt compelled to use it when I had the choice. Not sure how super sampling goes with SteamVR using Oculus but the slider is there and pretty easy to use, just not sure how it will apply and if the debug tool is still in effect whilst using SteamVR.
Thanks mate, tried this but performance was awful. Oculus home was still running in the background though. Is this normal? Also had TINY SteamVR windows pop up that I couldn't expand, so couldn't adjust any of the parameters. Very weird.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea