oculus latest update, 10/09/18

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
todays update is preventing my GTX1080ti/CV1 to work.
This morning all was fine and this afternoon after the update nothing works.
anyone else is on the same boat?
Does someone has a solution?

Seems like I've just been updated to 1.35.
Juddery screen in Assetto and full Oculus Home with its wanky muzak.
It's only been a couple of weeks since the last shitdate.
*sigh*

Its weird... Every Nvidia or Rift update is a loterie..
If they want people to jump in... They need tovat least do some stable fps update

Upvote 0
My frame rates seem to be way down across the board in Assetto Corsa. I could hot lap at 90fps on a lot of tracks, now I'm getting 50-60. That's with Homeless patched in too.
How much fps did you got whit homeless?
Didn't see a difference last month whit it.

The weirdest thing is my fps that goes 44 to 90 everytime.
On all track every condition its the same problem. :O_o:

Upvote 0
Seems like I've just been updated to 1.35.
Juddery screen in Assetto and full Oculus Home with its wanky muzak.
It's only been a couple of weeks since the last shitdate.
*sigh*
I don't have these problems (never had). I do start Virtual Desktop on my desktop Oculus menu before starting a game and putting on my headset, so Oculus Home never starts, but that's how I always start my VR games. How much RAM does your PC have, and how much VRAM does your graphics card have? I have 16 GB RAM / 11 GB VRAM.

Upvote 0
I've barely ever used AC. PC2 has improved a lot and has a much better user interface, so I haven't bothered with AC in probably a year. Some of the PC2 FFB is pretty good too. I ran AC for the first time in ages when I first got my NLRv3 and I couldn't figure out how to center the HMD. I looked it up online Ctrl S if I remember correctly, but haven't figured out how to map it to a button. I saw something about mapping the look left and right to a button or something like that.

I guess my question is whether this issue seems to pick on AC more than others.

Upvote 0
Since last update my DK2 looses the driver after ~45 minutes, just goes white noise.
Alt+tab recovers it but meh....

Anyone else having this?

Upvote 0
I've barely ever used AC. PC2 has improved a lot and has a much better user interface, so I haven't bothered with AC in probably a year. Some of the PC2 FFB is pretty good too. I ran AC for the first time in ages when I first got my NLRv3 and I couldn't figure out how to center the HMD. I looked it up online Ctrl S if I remember correctly, but haven't figured out how to map it to a button. I saw something about mapping the look left and right to a button or something like that.

If you have look left/right assigned to your wheel press both to recenter hmd.

Upvote 0
If you have look left/right assigned to your wheel press both to recenter hmd.
I think this may be a simple misunderstanding of how do you get them both mapped to the same button. It erases one assignment when you make the other. My guess is that you are able to click both so they are waiting for the next key press and I didn't think of that when I tried last time.

Upvote 0

Download content manager. Then you can assigned recenter HMD to any button. AC is a different game with content manager. The standard menu is pretty much unusable as a VR user.

Upvote 0
I think this may be a simple misunderstanding of how do you get them both mapped to the same button. It erases one assignment when you make the other. My guess is that you are able to click both so they are waiting for the next key press and I didn't think of that when I tried last time.
To combine 2 buttons into one you need JoyToKey or similar. AC doesn’t allow this stock.

Upvote 0
Oculus just downloaded a second update, or at least is seemed like I just installed a second update and the results are great!

I haven't tried my driving games yet, but In Death with 1.5 super sampling and highest detail was only running my CPU at about 50% and my GPU at about 55%. That's pretty darn good from what I've seen! Beat Saber was perfect. No weird sound issues on either, both looked great. Beat Saber had the CPU basically sleeping.

I'll crank up Dirt Rally 1.0 later.

OH... And it looks like I'll download the Content manager for Assetto Corsa. Thanks!!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oculus just downloaded a second update, or at least is seemed like I just installed a second update and the results are great!

I haven't tried my driving games yet, but In Death with 1.5 super sampling and highest detail was only running my CPU at about 50% and my GPU at about 55%. That's pretty darn good from what I've seen! Beat Saber was perfect. No weird sound issues on either, both looked great. Beat Saber had the CPU basically sleeping.

I'll crank up Dirt Rally 1.0 later.

OH... And it looks like I'll download the Content manager for Assetto Corsa. Thanks!!!!
What is your version please ?

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes