PC3 Next Project Cars "200% Better Than PCARS 2"

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS Revolution .jpg

Slightly Mad Studios head man Ian Bell has taken to Twitter recently to praise their new game... claiming it to be "200% better" already than the previous release.

Now going under the name of Project CARS Revolution, the third instalment to the successful Project CARS franchise is already well under development at Slightly Mad Studios HQ - and progress is so far advanced that Ian Bell claims the title is already "at least 200% better" than anything Project CARS 2 had to offer.

Criticised by some and loved by others, the last Project CARS game certainly managed to do plenty right despite its often confused nature, so news that the new title is allegedly so far ahead at this reasonably early stage is indeed positive news - even if Bell himself admitted he can be prone to the odd bout of over optimism in the past..

Ian Bell Tweet.jpg

Despite such solid beginnings, Ian Bell did go on to warn people that a release date will only be confirmed once the studio feel the software is ready to release, so don't expect it to be dropping anytime in the next few weeks.. although some more previews and information will surely start being drip fed by Bell and SMS as the hype train begins ahead of a public release.

Just to clarify - the above image is from PCARS 2..

Keep an eye out in the Project CARS Revolution sub forum here at RaceDepartment as a place to hang out and discuss the upcoming new game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
The news that a game might be getting better has evidently hit some people very hard. I just wish to express my sympathies and tell you all that you are very much in my thoughts at this difficult time and wish you all a speedy recovery following such devastating news.

Grand Prix 4 improved upon Grand Prix
GTR 2 improved upon GTR
rFactor 2 improved upon rfactor
ACC improved upon AC (less current issues)

AMS 2 will improve upon AMS
Project CARS Revolution will improve upon Project Cars 2

Enough to make your blood boil isn't it. It's getting more and more difficult to enjoy this hobby with games and hardware getting better and better all the time :whistling:
There is a difference between telling that a game get's better and blowing the trumpet like Mr.Bell. I am still amazed that people label scepticism towards such an attitude and behavior as hate.

Call me skeptical but does that not stink of a fake account replying to the original OP in that picture? Or is the force really that strong with their fan boys? I was severely let down when PC2 released, I've gone back and played it since the Reiza announcement and revisited those feelings - sincerely do not know what all the (good) fuss is about. Fantastic looking. Horrible physics and ffb.
He definitely has a somewhat unhealthy/disturbing affection towards Mr. Bell...

upload_2019-7-23_10-23-23.png

Project Cars 2 was near to perfection? You're ridiculous. Project Cars 2 had a lot of bugs how can you say that game was near to perfection?

I will only believe PC3 is a revolution when i test it and ensure it has no bugs.

I remember listing all bugs of PC2 here much time ago. Some of the ones i remember are:

AI making more or less pitstops than necessary. For example in a race where you expect all drivers to stop 2 times. Many of them stops 3 or only 1 time.

Penalty system didn't work, when you got a penalty, it says you must slow down to remove the penalty, and you could just wait for the next corner and brake normally, and the penalty system tought you were braking to remove the penalty. (that one is the worst of all, because it ruins the multiplayer).

Porsche GT3 overheating even with 100% of engine cooling.

When you accelerate weather transition, there is a point where your car becomes completely undriveable, and even slowing down, you're not able to reach the pitstop in order to change to wet tyres, ending your race.

Those are the major bugs i remember. There were also many minor bugs, no need to mention.

Last edited:
Personally I'm very happy PC3 is gonna happen.
Don't know why ppl are so negative. I'm not happy how PC2 got abandoned but on other side I understand that further development needs funding.lets face it there's no free updates in this genre of gaming.
Everytime r3e releases a patch it's coming with new content which utilises the newest bells and whistles with occasional update of the older stuff. Irenting slaps new content in their seasons to increase sales and that's on top of monthly fee. AC was left to the modders with a good result. RF2 same thing pretty much.
I was amazed how the custom ffb changed project cars 2. All it needs now is same treatment to the AI and balancing the quality of content. Will they deliver??? We'll have to wait and see. As long as they keep making a sim and not simcade they can have some of my hard earned money.

I will usually jump on board any Sim sight unseen and did for both pC games ! Im going to wait till pC3 is well and truly tried and tested , i may pass on it altogether though ,only time (and patches) will tell !

Project Cars 2 was near to perfection? You're ridiculous. Project Cars 2 had a lot of bugs how can you say that game was near to perfection?

I will only believe PC3 is a revolution when i test it and ensure it has no bugs.

I remember listing all bugs of PC2 here much time ago. Some of the ones i remember are:

AI making more or less pitstops than necessary. For example in a race where you expect all drivers to stop 2 times. Many of them stops 3 or only 1 time.

Penalty system didn't work, when you got a penalty, it says you must slow down to remove the penalty, and you could just wait for the next corner and brake normally, and the penalty system tought you were braking to remove the penalty. (that one is the worst of all, because it ruins the multiplayer).

When you accelerate weather transition, there is a point where your car becomes completely undriveable, and even slowing down, you're not able to reach the pitstop in order to change to wet tyres, ending your race.

Those are the major bugs i remember. There were also many minor bugs, no need to mention.
Happy to say, all fixed except for the AI doing weird pitstop strategies. In some tracks.

If you compare it with other titles, except r3e and iracing, pcars2 dont have bugs at all

Bell once promised that Pcars1 was the going to be the best race sim ever. It wasn't.
He then said Pcars 2 was really the best race sim ever.......that wasn't. (Although I do like it for a bit of fun hot lapping)
Saying this one is going to be 200% better than Pcars 2 is a huge statement again that should be taken with a pinch of salt.
Mod Edit: no politics please.

Last edited by a moderator:
the law of diminishing returns tells us that in order for it to be 200% 'better' it would take an humongous effort for a very large dev team or a gazillion years for a normal size team to complete.

PC2 was a classic sequel in the sense that it was 'more of the same' instead of being better. its only fair to assume that pc3 will follow the same trend

Those words coming from Ian Bell are simply pathetic. It's like the CEO of Coca Cola telling people how healthy it is to drink. He already has his pockets full from crowdfunding PC1 and 2, each advertised to be the best sim at the time. Fool me thrice..

Sure it's not 201%, old chap?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back