PC3 Next Project Cars "200% Better Than PCARS 2"

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS Revolution .jpg

Slightly Mad Studios head man Ian Bell has taken to Twitter recently to praise their new game... claiming it to be "200% better" already than the previous release.

Now going under the name of Project CARS Revolution, the third instalment to the successful Project CARS franchise is already well under development at Slightly Mad Studios HQ - and progress is so far advanced that Ian Bell claims the title is already "at least 200% better" than anything Project CARS 2 had to offer.

Criticised by some and loved by others, the last Project CARS game certainly managed to do plenty right despite its often confused nature, so news that the new title is allegedly so far ahead at this reasonably early stage is indeed positive news - even if Bell himself admitted he can be prone to the odd bout of over optimism in the past..

Ian Bell Tweet.jpg

Despite such solid beginnings, Ian Bell did go on to warn people that a release date will only be confirmed once the studio feel the software is ready to release, so don't expect it to be dropping anytime in the next few weeks.. although some more previews and information will surely start being drip fed by Bell and SMS as the hype train begins ahead of a public release.

Just to clarify - the above image is from PCARS 2..

Keep an eye out in the Project CARS Revolution sub forum here at RaceDepartment as a place to hang out and discuss the upcoming new game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Don't know why ppl are so negative. I'm not happy how PC2 got abandoned

Well, the second part is the answer for you. Most people don't like when they pay for something that was supposed to be the miracle of SIM racing and instead they get something that was never even finished, and that happened twice now.

More and more people seems to be fine with that though, which I cannot really understand, IMO this will inevitably lead to lower quality products (and this doesn't only apply to games).

I can't see why people are so cruel against SMS.

See above.

The Project CARS hate train is in full force now!
Dunno if it is a hate train as opposed to a train that has experienced disappointment in the series. When I got back into sim racing I waited for PCars to come out. I was told it was gonna blow the other sims out of the water. After experiencing GT and Forza I was ready!

I played AC and R3E until PC1 came out.

Then, upon release, I was disappointed that the cars handled just a bit better than in GT and Forza. The rotation of the cars (they do not pivot at the natural pivot point, which would be just in front of the rear wheels, but in the exact geographic middle of the car) made driving them hard very difficult. Especially in a league in which we did endurance races.

Some cars they got right, or better, and some they completely failed on.

They did not do much better with PC2. The physics improved but not to the point that I ever felt confident that I could push a car through an endurance race. The tires fell flat after a few laps and while they made improvements they never fixed the rotation issue.

I still have PC2 on my computer but I do not play it very often, if at all. Why? rFactor2, ACC, R3E and yes, even iRacing has better physics now. At least in all of those sims I feel confident enough to be able to push the car for races longer than 5 laps.

I do not care about graphics. Pretty does not mean anything to me if the car does not behave as it is supposed to. If one judges by GFX alone (and it seems that and replay or screenshots is what many people judge a sim on) then you don't want a simulation (which by its term should mean that it does a good overall simulation of a race car, not just GFX) you want something pretty to look at.

I wanna race and do it door handle to door handle the whole time. I do not want to worry that my marks on the prior lap (taking into account tire and brake wear, of course) will not work because the sim physics are so off that you cannot be consistent.

I am not a hater, I just carry a health dose of skepticism at this time. Why? I know of many other sims that blow PC and PC2 out of the water when it comes to how the cars behave.

Alright round 3 of polishing a turd, while it is a very striking and shiny turd it is still just a turd.

Seriously though I quite playing because you couldn’t touch curbs which makes no sense, Road America with the Indycar made me rage quit because it was totally undrivable.

The car list is usually really good but I’m not falling for it this time.

Well, the second part is the answer for you. Most people don't like when they pay for something that was supposed to be the miracle of SIM racing and instead they get something that was never even finished, and that happened twice now.

More and more people seems to be fine with that though, which I cannot really understand, IMO this will inevitably lead to lower quality products (and this doesn't only apply to games).

See above.
With this I agree. Even though I find the game amazing, there are some things that needed to be polished and fixed. Getting all cars to the same standard, fixing some of the tracks rain maps, making the AI suffer from puddles (It is impossible to race Imola in the rain as you will spin out in Acqua Minerale and the AI just goes full speed. I lose about 6s per lap to the AI thanks to the wet track), bringing back flat spots and tyre punctures, etc... That is the gripe I have with them.

Sry for some mild sarcasm but if they're announcing a 200% increase in gaming/simulation quality, let's do the math: PC 2 performance & quality is about 25% in average compared to the Frontrunners ( IR, AC, RRE, rF2 a.s.o.). So a 200% increase makes only 75% still, right ? So guess we better should keep our wallets closed and wait for PC4...;)

It is improved dramatically by the latest custom FFB and it is close in feel to rFactor 2 imho.
Not sure what wheel you have but I tried so many custom feed back profiles every one of them was supposed to be the 'one' but none of them felt very good. Many of the cars the ffb is so bad its broken & feels worse than some sketchy AC mod. Some cars i thought i managed to dial in then took the to another track & would feel wrong.
Same as the first game many many hours of my life lost trying to get the ffb right to no avail.

With just about every new "sim" on the way I see people clamoring for matchmaking, dedicated servers races and scheduled races. I just don't think those are feasible most games. That makes sense for iRacing, because they aren't making and entirely new game every couple years. Or GT sport who releases a game every 6 years or whatever it is. For developers like Kunos/SMS/S397 i just don't think it will ever happen beyond some type of matchmaking.
I truly think it will be possible to have a good online system without scheduled races using an in-depth player ranking system (I know, you rolled your eyes). But ACC had some good ideas about how to do that with the competition lobby and their rating system, they just fell short of what they were going for I think. There has to be a true downside to driving like an ahole online, ACC doesn't have that, you can just go to open lobbies or single player. Iracing has a real consequence for bad driving. Once another game figures that out I think it has potential to work.
As far as Ian Bell goes, he's said multiple times they are going in the "fun sim" direction. That sounds to me like Forza or some other Arcade-ish game to me, that's gonna be a no from me dawg

Hi guys I have a question and I thought I can get instant attention here.
I can only find Le man in 3 layouts: 24 hours, Bugatti and Vintage in pC2. It says there is a laser scanned version but I can't find it in my game. Any1 knows?

Edit: I mean a laser scanned karting track.

Hi guys I have a question and I thought I can get instant attention here.
I can only find Le man in 3 layouts: 24 hours, Bugatti and Vintage in pC2. It says there is a laser scanned version but I can't find it in my game. Any1 knows?

Edit: I mean a laser scanned karting track.
Probably best off asking in the PC2 forum section, this threads reserverd for hate it seems

Will definitely skip the hype train along with the paid reviews that usually pop up before or upon release.
For now, let’s wait and see what Reiza studios will bring to the table after using their engine.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.