PC3 Next Project Cars "200% Better Than PCARS 2"

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS Revolution .jpg

Slightly Mad Studios head man Ian Bell has taken to Twitter recently to praise their new game... claiming it to be "200% better" already than the previous release.

Now going under the name of Project CARS Revolution, the third instalment to the successful Project CARS franchise is already well under development at Slightly Mad Studios HQ - and progress is so far advanced that Ian Bell claims the title is already "at least 200% better" than anything Project CARS 2 had to offer.

Criticised by some and loved by others, the last Project CARS game certainly managed to do plenty right despite its often confused nature, so news that the new title is allegedly so far ahead at this reasonably early stage is indeed positive news - even if Bell himself admitted he can be prone to the odd bout of over optimism in the past..

Ian Bell Tweet.jpg

Despite such solid beginnings, Ian Bell did go on to warn people that a release date will only be confirmed once the studio feel the software is ready to release, so don't expect it to be dropping anytime in the next few weeks.. although some more previews and information will surely start being drip fed by Bell and SMS as the hype train begins ahead of a public release.

Just to clarify - the above image is from PCARS 2..

Keep an eye out in the Project CARS Revolution sub forum here at RaceDepartment as a place to hang out and discuss the upcoming new game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
I will buy after a sale as I did have fun with both of the orig titles. I was able to get a few friends into sim racing with both PC1 and PC2. I was able to get them to migrate to AMS/Rfactor2/AC after using these titles as a stepping stone. I am Looking forward to what Reiza can do with the game engine.

Its good to have things to look forward to. We have the 5-point contact tyre model for ACC which will make it 175% better. We have the new rF2 UI which will make it 125% better. We have AMS2 which will be 230% better than AMS. And now we have PC Revolution to look forward to which will be at least 200% better than PC2. Given it was only green-lit 8 months ago, I presume its release is still along way off. But after the disappointment of GTR3 and GT Legends 2 its good there will be a new sim title after AMS2.

Project Cars 2 was near to perfection? You're ridiculous. Project Cars 2 had a lot of bugs how can you say that game was near to perfection?

I will only believe PC3 is a revolution when i test it and ensure it has no bugs.

I remember listing all bugs of PC2 here much time ago. Some of the ones i remember are:

AI making more or less pitstops than necessary. For example in a race where you expect all drivers to stop 2 times. Many of them stops 3 or only 1 time.

Penalty system didn't work, when you got a penalty, it says you must slow down to remove the penalty, and you could just wait for the next corner and brake normally, and the penalty system tought you were braking to remove the penalty. (that one is the worst of all, because it ruins the multiplayer).

Porsche GT3 overheating even with 100% of engine cooling.

When you accelerate weather transition, there is a point where your car becomes completely undriveable, and even slowing down, you're not able to reach the pitstop in order to change to wet tyres, ending your race.

Those are the major bugs i remember. There were also many minor bugs, no need to mention.
So what racing game are you currently playing that doesn't have bugs?

I can't see why people are so cruel against SMS.

I admit that physics and ffb aren't so good while my bible in sims is the physics and realism.

But I CHALLENGE YOU to deny 2 facts:

1- pC2 is a sim that they worked so hard at: the rain drain, the rubber build, the seasons, the unparalelled weather, the nice graphics, the easy UI, the smart switch between VR and 2D options, the unique tobii eye tracking support, the race engineer, the existence of all setup options you need (did not try if real or unreal), the full simulated tire model, the full informative hud, the generous amount of licensed cars of all classes including historic, LASER SCANNED tracks included for free, a totally different 2 sims included for free (one is rally and the other is karts).
2- Compare it to a gold digger sim like the 2007 iRacing who charged people 10x the price of pC2 and then tell me if you think pC2 is expensive or bad at all.

Sorry for my English and sorry if I presented my opinion in a strong manner.

I had some moments where PC2 made me angry and many(!) cars feel so off to me that I'll never touch them again. Also the reactions to the few inputs I gave on the forums left me with a bad taste in my mouth - just as many of Mr. Bell's comments, BUT... there is also a ton of really great stuff in PC2, so I don't regret buying it with season pass on day1 at all.

I'm not hyped for a PC3, but I'm pretty sure I'll buy it again. There are also Steam refunds, if it feels completely awful compared to what Reiza will get out of their engine.

It will not be that much better imo if its coming out on current gen console as that has always limited the pc version. I doubt very much they will squeeze any more out of the Ai & they don't seem to understand FFB so that is unlikely to change.
Add to that it looks like it's going to be less serious whatever that means.
If they focused on quality over quantity, maybe aim for next gen consoles & get some tips for FFB from Reiza it might be a decent game.

I can't see why people are so cruel against SMS.

I admit that physics and ffb aren't so good while my bible in sims is the physics and realism.

But I CHALLENGE YOU to deny 2 facts:

1- pC2 is a sim that they worked so hard at: the rain drain, the rubber build, the seasons, the unparalelled weather, the nice graphics, the easy UI, the smart switch between VR and 2D options, the unique tobii eye tracking support, the race engineer, the existence of all setup options you need (did not try if real or unreal), the full simulated tire model, the full informative hud, the generous amount of licensed cars of all classes including historic, LASER SCANNED tracks included for free, a totally different 2 sims included for free (one is rally and the other is karts).
2- Compare it to a gold digger sim like the 2007 iRacing who charged people 10x the price of pC2 and then tell me if you think pC2 is expensive or bad at all.

Sorry for my English and sorry if I presented my opinion in a strong manner.
Thing is, I disagree that physics are bad... even the standard raw ffb feels great in my wheel. It is improved dramatically by the latest custom FFB and it is close in feel to rFactor 2 imho. Heck, LMP2s are actually better in this game than in rFactor 2 imho. And there are aspects this game simulates that other sims don't. I mean, brake temperature and brake fade, engine damage due to overheating and tyres differentiated heating where the surface can be hot but the inner tyre is not giving you a false sense of security. In hard compound tyres you actually need warmup laps or you will just ruin your tyres. I had an amazing race on the PORSCHE GT3 last weekend and I find it hard to have a similar experience anywhere else (maybe ACC) it started cloudy, then for descended with a smattering of rain then it cleared up and it was night all the while the car feeling amazing and having a close race with the AI. When this SIM works, it is unbelievably good.

That is why I believe it is the best out of the box SIM in the market.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back