PC3 Next Project Cars "200% Better Than PCARS 2"

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS Revolution .jpg

Slightly Mad Studios head man Ian Bell has taken to Twitter recently to praise their new game... claiming it to be "200% better" already than the previous release.

Now going under the name of Project CARS Revolution, the third instalment to the successful Project CARS franchise is already well under development at Slightly Mad Studios HQ - and progress is so far advanced that Ian Bell claims the title is already "at least 200% better" than anything Project CARS 2 had to offer.

Criticised by some and loved by others, the last Project CARS game certainly managed to do plenty right despite its often confused nature, so news that the new title is allegedly so far ahead at this reasonably early stage is indeed positive news - even if Bell himself admitted he can be prone to the odd bout of over optimism in the past..

Ian Bell Tweet.jpg

Despite such solid beginnings, Ian Bell did go on to warn people that a release date will only be confirmed once the studio feel the software is ready to release, so don't expect it to be dropping anytime in the next few weeks.. although some more previews and information will surely start being drip fed by Bell and SMS as the hype train begins ahead of a public release.

Just to clarify - the above image is from PCARS 2..

Keep an eye out in the Project CARS Revolution sub forum here at RaceDepartment as a place to hang out and discuss the upcoming new game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Call me skeptical but does that not stink of a fake account replying to the original OP in that picture? Or is the force really that strong with their fan boys? I was severely let down when PC2 released, I've gone back and played it since the Reiza announcement and revisited those feelings - sincerely do not know what all the (good) fuss is about. Fantastic looking. Horrible physics and ffb.

I have to say that PC2 is incredibly well-optimized and is probably the finest showcase for VR that I've ever seen
I heard that a lot, but i can't confirm that since using a Samsung Odyssey. FPS isn't better than in ACC and doesn't feel better. rF2 and iRacing both looking and running twice as good in VR. pCars might just have a decent Rift-optimization?

AMS2 will have PC2 + Reiza pixie dust, so that one is definitely got my attention as an instabuy.
If anything it is a Reiza product with VR.

PC3 will probably get some of that Reiza pixie dust as well, but less, and all the latest bells and whistles they can throw at it - evolution like PC2 was with regard to the original PC, which itself was an evolution of earlier Slightly Mad titles. Probably instabuy too, because PC2 is a great VR experience.

I have to say that PC2 is incredibly well-optimized and is probably the finest showcase for VR that I've ever seen (although DCS and IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad are close). It's also the only title where you can have a real dynamic weather race with night/day and AI that actually knows how to use rain tires. This is a level of integration that I fear modded AC will never have. Hell, AC can't even do a rolling start!

It doesn't always work just right but Good Lord when it does...Barreling down the old Mulsanne straight in the rain at 180mph in my hydroplaning 917K in VR is easily the most immersive simracing experience I've ever had.

It's not perfect, but it's certainly ambitious. I hope next time they don't put modern racing slicks on their vintage cars!

Good post - you describe exactly how I feel about PC2.
One of the best VR titles and with the right track / car combination the AI can provide a sweet racing experience.

A) there is no mention of collaboration with Reiza for new PC Rev
B) it is called "revolution" not "3" so this could mean a possible remaster or mesh up of previous titles or even (worse) a focus on new exotic content (please not)
C) seriously who cares about tweets? every dev/producer/whatever will talk like that about their products (some more, some less but they will always promote it no matter the reality)
D) looking the other titles those are incomplete on most aspects too if compared to PC, to be fair there isn't a title around which has all working as should (even my beloved AMS has some faults)

Well ..... i'm looking forward to it, and i'm curious how this title will be at the end. Just saying.

But i'm sure it will never meet its expectations. Every sim has some flaws and also PC3 will have some. And this will be excellent food for guys who can't wait to shout out loud "Simcade". Sad simracing world.

Well its so sad that under every Sim Article on Racedepartment their is just a lot of hate in the comments. Comparing titles instead be thankfull for the variety;) I really dont get it. Its like in a Bar with a couple of bitter dudes who talks if a BMW or a Mercedes is better even though they both outdated in just 7 years;) C'mon guys....you are only mad on every Sim because your expectations are too high and because tastes are different. Simple as that. And now it will rain a lot of thumbs down but I think I deserve it;)

It’s nothing to do with comparing anything! Like all things we need competition but to tell the paying public something is going to do a certain thin and it most certainly does not is wrong! It’s not about being bitter,it’s about not having someone rip the piss out of you by taking your hard earn money (no matter how much).everyone is different we all like different things. Why not just be honest and say what it actually does instead of making up a fantasy sim? Imagine how much money was made from pacts 1&2? The flip side of your comment is we can all think what we want,but you can’t argue with facts.

The association with Reiza is a win/win, as Project Cars receives proper FFB and Reiza receives Live Track and Project Cars Tire modelling. I’m optimistic for both companies new releases.
* note for the haters ~ go play Sega Rally on a Sega Mega Drive with the controller and then have a good think to where we are at in terms of P.C. racing now....
I think your missing the point from the so called haters? Most folks would be happy with the end result without telling people things that just don’t exist.

The news that a game might be getting better has evidently hit some people very hard. I just wish to express my sympathies and tell you all that you are very much in my thoughts at this difficult time and wish you all a speedy recovery following such devastating news.

Grand Prix 4 improved upon Grand Prix
GTR 2 improved upon GTR
rFactor 2 improved upon rfactor
ACC improved upon AC (less current issues)

AMS 2 will improve upon AMS
Project CARS Revolution will improve upon Project Cars 2

Enough to make your blood boil isn't it. It's getting more and more difficult to enjoy this hobby with games and hardware getting better and better all the time :whistling:

PC2 was a pretty good game but in single player I found it lacked any longevity without any custom championships in single player.I would finish a good race & then you just got a flat feeling.The game would also be so much better with custom grids & a rewind feature for endurance races when you get taken out by some rogue AI.

I just want custom championships. The fact that they cheaped out on single player customization says a lot about their studio. Flat out if they don't have improved AI and customized championships at release, I'll pass on this one, because I've already been there, done that twice with them and they never keep their promises to add certain features after the fact.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.3%