PC3 Next Project Cars "200% Better Than PCARS 2"

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS Revolution .jpg

Slightly Mad Studios head man Ian Bell has taken to Twitter recently to praise their new game... claiming it to be "200% better" already than the previous release.

Now going under the name of Project CARS Revolution, the third instalment to the successful Project CARS franchise is already well under development at Slightly Mad Studios HQ - and progress is so far advanced that Ian Bell claims the title is already "at least 200% better" than anything Project CARS 2 had to offer.

Criticised by some and loved by others, the last Project CARS game certainly managed to do plenty right despite its often confused nature, so news that the new title is allegedly so far ahead at this reasonably early stage is indeed positive news - even if Bell himself admitted he can be prone to the odd bout of over optimism in the past..

Ian Bell Tweet.jpg

Despite such solid beginnings, Ian Bell did go on to warn people that a release date will only be confirmed once the studio feel the software is ready to release, so don't expect it to be dropping anytime in the next few weeks.. although some more previews and information will surely start being drip fed by Bell and SMS as the hype train begins ahead of a public release.

Just to clarify - the above image is from PCARS 2..

Keep an eye out in the Project CARS Revolution sub forum here at RaceDepartment as a place to hang out and discuss the upcoming new game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
working with Reiza ( not sure of course how much they actually co-operate) could bring some new ideas , and could benefit both AMS2 and PCARS3 , so I think future is great!

Can't understand the complaints, so many games/sims to chose from. Just today I was playing Gran Turismo Sport, raced a Suzuki Swift on hard road tires) and I felt like it was driving very realistically , not very different from what similar cars behave in Assetto Corsa, so yeah, each sim/game has a combination where it just works and where it doesn't , stick to combinations where it works and you will have much more happy life

I have to say that PC2 is incredibly well-optimized and is probably the finest showcase for VR that I've ever seen (although DCS and IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad are close). It's also the only title where you can have a real dynamic weather race with night/day and AI that actually knows how to use rain tires. This is a level of integration that I fear modded AC will never have. Hell, AC can't even do a rolling start!

It doesn't always work just right but Good Lord when it does...Barreling down the old Mulsanne straight in the rain at 180mph in my hydroplaning 917K in VR is easily the most immersive simracing experience I've ever had.

It's not perfect, but it's certainly ambitious. I hope next time they don't put modern racing slicks on their vintage cars!

Bla,bla,bla! The only relevant fact is that SMS is eventually going to release a new SIM, we will try it and decide if it is worth our simulated driving time in relation to what we individually find of importance.
Bring it on! Between AC, ACC, RF2, R3E, LFS and PCars2, I might still find a little bit of time to drive the new SMS and/or new Reiza title. My VR goggles and I are always up for some more SIM fun.:)

• Deleted member 197115

Bla,bla,bla! The only relevant fact is that SMS is eventually going to release a new SIM, we will try it and decide if it is worth our simulated driving time in relation to what we individually find of importance.
Bring it on! Between AC, ACC, RF2, R3E, LFS and PCars2, I might still find a little bit of time to drive the new SMS and/or new Reiza title. My VR goggles and I are always up for some more SIM fun.:)
But they are not featuring it as a SIM this time, are they?

Guess I'll follow Ian on Twitter as soon as my week long ban is lifted for talking :poop: about Alyssa Milano. :rolleyes:

I purchased the first two and will have hopes that the third iteration will be awesome. But I also consider the source. Time will tell and think positive. He may learn a few things from Reiza. :thumbsup:

Also by saying it's 200% better he has already created a buzz and people are talking. It's called marketing.

Last edited:
It is nice that new racing titles are coming out in the future and I will make my own opinions and judgement of these games after they are released. Also after watching youtube reviewers show off these new racing titles and their thoughts. I like the comment another person mentioned, now how to find the time to spend in all the current racing titles I have and these new ones coming soon.

If they can get physics and sounds as good as AC or ACC , then it will be a decent product. Otherwise, it looks great, ffb barely "ok" on Direct Drive and the sound is just aweful. Perhaps, this time around they will improve those areas then we'll a potential solid title. Time will tell...

Again ??! ... This time it will be 200% more lies and disappointment !!

I literally have lost my money in pC1 (played 2h then never started it again...)
Then I tried pC2. Fortunately this time I haven't bought it (I'm learning from my mistakes )

I really think the guys at SMS hate cars and driving and racing... They maybe even hate gaming when you look at PC1 !!!

Please SMS, stop trying...

• Deleted member 241736

Think twice.
Mr. I. Bell is still on the steering wheel, so he seems to be successfull.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back