PC3 Next Project Cars "200% Better Than PCARS 2"

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS Revolution .jpg

Slightly Mad Studios head man Ian Bell has taken to Twitter recently to praise their new game... claiming it to be "200% better" already than the previous release.

Now going under the name of Project CARS Revolution, the third instalment to the successful Project CARS franchise is already well under development at Slightly Mad Studios HQ - and progress is so far advanced that Ian Bell claims the title is already "at least 200% better" than anything Project CARS 2 had to offer.

Criticised by some and loved by others, the last Project CARS game certainly managed to do plenty right despite its often confused nature, so news that the new title is allegedly so far ahead at this reasonably early stage is indeed positive news - even if Bell himself admitted he can be prone to the odd bout of over optimism in the past..

Ian Bell Tweet.jpg

Despite such solid beginnings, Ian Bell did go on to warn people that a release date will only be confirmed once the studio feel the software is ready to release, so don't expect it to be dropping anytime in the next few weeks.. although some more previews and information will surely start being drip fed by Bell and SMS as the hype train begins ahead of a public release.

Just to clarify - the above image is from PCARS 2..

Keep an eye out in the Project CARS Revolution sub forum here at RaceDepartment as a place to hang out and discuss the upcoming new game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 503495

Modern Pick's Vice President is Mathias Lauda, so I don't think they are dodgy as some make out, even if the sound of a relatively new Russian company with seemingly little experience does ring some alarm bells

He and the Speed brothers have been involved in odd corporations with layers of others companies up or down, and so has Ian.I am not an investigative reporter or aspiring journalist. I just looked things up based on what I read. It looks very odd and I would challenge people to provide studios or IPs of SMS's magnitude being valuated anywhere near that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
He and the Speed brothers have been involved in odd corporations with layers of others companies up or down, and so has Ian.I am not an investigative reporter or aspiring journalist. I just looked things up based on what I read. It looks very odd and I would challenge people to provide studios or IPs of SMS's magnitude being valuated anywhere near that much.

Mathias did also come into a pretty large inheritance sum quite recently due to unfortunate circumstances, But that could explain the money, he may simply be choosing to invest it in a fledgling business he is involved in.

No, i'm a GAMER, if you're a SIM racer it's your problem!

Nope you are a proper gamer. You should be proud. You play little racing games in your spare bedroom with your pretend wheel and pedals and I bet you dress up in a prace suit and helmet too. Don't be ashamed, embrace it. My little computer gamer friend. :thumbsup::D:roflmao:
Now if you want a simulator experience, you need this
Farming Simulator 2018
643x0w.jpg

Last edited:
Nope you are a proper gamer. You should be proud. You play little racing games in your spare bedroom with your pretend wheel and pedals and I bet you dress up in a prace suit and helmet too. Don't be ashamed, embrace it. My little computer gamer friend. :thumbsup::D:roflmao:
Farming Simulator 2018
View attachment 316871
This one is definitely better than goat simulator. It simulates more things.So goat simulator is a simcade!

Obviously Ian Bell has low standards and thinks very little of his customers. I wouldn't doubt this new Project cars title doesn't even exist. Someone within the studio probably let him play pCars 2 and since he hasn't thought about the game in years he probably thinks its new. Or they lied to him and told him AMS2 was theirs.

They stopped supporting the pCars 2 in less then 12 months...you cant do that with a modern title these days, especially a so called "simulator"...The game doesn't even support Fanatecs newest wheel.....SMS cant even do a little update to add the support.

That's crazy to me. I don't trust Ian Bell or SMS and I recommend everyone really take a look at his/their track record before supporting them. The list of negatives around the pCars franchise is very long. Who wants to buy into that sh*t?

Farming Simulator 2018
View attachment 316871

Just because you like farming, that the sun goes around the earth, that the 11th September was an inside job or the man never landed on the moon is your problem, now don't expect that i accept your opinion as the absolute truth! I'm talking about my experience, there are BIG differences in software, how you face a hobby or how realistic it is, if you don't understand this it's your problem, not mine...

there are BIG differences in software, how you face a hobby or how realistic it is, if you don't understand this it's your problem, not mine...

I do understand. You are a gamer, you play racing games with your pretend wheel and pedals. We all like to do that here. Hence we are members of this great race sim gaming site. My favourite computer racing computer game is RF2 closely followed by RRE. What's your favourite PC racing game Rui? :thumbsup::cool:

I do understand. You are a gamer, you play racing games with your pretend wheel and pedals. We all like to do that here. Hence we are members of this great race sim gaming site. My favourite computer racing computer game is RF2 closely followed by RRE. What's your favourite PC racing game Rui? :thumbsup::cool:

My favourite racing SIMULATOR is rF2 also, my favourite GAME was Toca Race Driver 3 :D

But Toca Race Driver 3 had 'the ultimate racing simulator' written on the box, surely this means you are accusing them of false advertising

Like i said, i was an ignorant at the time, never tried a wheel with a proper PC simulation, but in fact it was my favourite GAME back in the days, before i discovered rFactor1 and LFS, everything changed since then :thumbsup:

Like i said, i was an ignorant at the time, never tried a wheel with a proper PC simulation, but in fact you are right, my favourite GAME is RF2 :thumbsup:

Glad to hear that. They are all games matey. Little niche computer games. Played in the comfort of your own home with a pretend wheel and pedals. But they are very enjoyable. I love playing Rfactor 2. It's a great racing game.:thumbsup::)

There are differences, but i won't beat the dead horse again, FYI i allways race to win and i know what i'm talking about, i'll leave here 2 videos of rF2 and R3E of my races, i have more during the years but not allways there are streams unfortunately...

Cheers!

That's crazy to me. I don't trust Ian Bell or SMS and I recommend everyone really take a look at his/their track record before supporting them. The list of negatives around the pCars franchise is very long. Who wants to buy into that sh*t?
Again, it's JUST a game, and SMS JUST a Company that creates
games, they have JUST a DIFFERENT business model than Kunos
or Reiza. Your "recommendation" not to buy their games is not only
presumptuous but it also sounds like we're dealing here with the mafia.
When i read such stuff i can only shake my head. Are people supposed
to have a bad conscience if they're going to buy Project Cars?

We're at 339 posts and 'around' 90% of the 'comments' have slagged off Project Cars, the management and developers of PC1 and PC2, including those of us who enjoy Project Cars and an as yet unreleased sim going under the name of Project Cars 3.
Muppets.
Don't like it, don't buy it, equally don't rubbish SMS and all involved, and certainly do not attempt to direct others to not purchase the product.
:ninja:

Last edited:
Did you read the announcement?

'Hi guys, how you all doing? Hope you're keeping well. Just to clarify, this is a partial sale, my Dad's not going anywhere. Our Management and core team will stay in place, and our operations will continue uninfluenced. Nothing is changing at SMS, other than the bank account. We're stilll committed to making the best games possible for our fans and the wider gaming community.'

you really are a toxic piece of work arn't you?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%