PC3 Next Project Cars "200% Better Than PCARS 2"

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS Revolution .jpg

Slightly Mad Studios head man Ian Bell has taken to Twitter recently to praise their new game... claiming it to be "200% better" already than the previous release.

Now going under the name of Project CARS Revolution, the third instalment to the successful Project CARS franchise is already well under development at Slightly Mad Studios HQ - and progress is so far advanced that Ian Bell claims the title is already "at least 200% better" than anything Project CARS 2 had to offer.

Criticised by some and loved by others, the last Project CARS game certainly managed to do plenty right despite its often confused nature, so news that the new title is allegedly so far ahead at this reasonably early stage is indeed positive news - even if Bell himself admitted he can be prone to the odd bout of over optimism in the past..

Ian Bell Tweet.jpg

Despite such solid beginnings, Ian Bell did go on to warn people that a release date will only be confirmed once the studio feel the software is ready to release, so don't expect it to be dropping anytime in the next few weeks.. although some more previews and information will surely start being drip fed by Bell and SMS as the hype train begins ahead of a public release.

Just to clarify - the above image is from PCARS 2..

Keep an eye out in the Project CARS Revolution sub forum here at RaceDepartment as a place to hang out and discuss the upcoming new game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
They are still computer games and you are a gamer. Get used to it.:thumbsup:

No, i'm a simracer, if you're a gamer it's your problem! You can call it whatever you want! Forza players or GT players also think they do simracing, when they do not!

Depends. Is it using a product intended for entertainment or is it the real thing?

This answered my question, thanks!

To be clear i'm not criticizing anyone to use whatever they want, i played GAMES since i was 8 years old, now i'm 41 and i know that there are differences in software. That's only what i'm trying to explain, guess it's not that hard to understand! When i was GAMING on TOCA, NFS, etçª i thought that i was racing, until i discovered the real deal in terms of simulation and the differences inherent to each type of software!

People still confusing GAMES with SIMULATIONS.....Not understanding this is the true stupidity!

I am providing you a definition of what a game is, please explain to me clearly, since as per your comment I must be stupid, how a simulation of anything is not a game.

A game is a structured form of play, usually undertaken for enjoyment and sometimes used as an educational tool.[1] Games are distinct from work, which is usually carried out for remuneration, and from art, which is more often an expression of aesthetic or ideological elements. However, the distinction is not clear-cut, and many games are also considered to be work (such as professional players of spectator sports or games) or art (such as jigsaw puzzlesor games involving an artistic layout such as Mahjong, solitaire, or some video games).

Games are sometimes played purely for entertainment, sometimes for achievement or reward as well. They can be played alone, in teams, or online; by amateurs or by professionals. The players may have an audience of non-players, such as when people are entertained by watching a chess championship. On the other hand, players in a game may constitute their own audience as they take their turn to play. Often, part of the entertainment for children playing a game is deciding who is part of their audience and who is a player.

Key components of games are goals, rules, challenge, and interaction. Games generally involve mental or physical stimulation, and often both. Many games help develop practical skills, serve as a form of exercise, or otherwise perform an educational, simulational, or psychological role.

Attested as early as 2600 BC,[2][3] games are a universal part of human experience and present in all cultures. The Royal Game of Ur, Senet, and Mancala are some of the oldest known games.

Sim (simulated) racing is the collective term for computer software that attempts to accurately simulate auto racing, complete with real-world variables such as fuel usage, damage, tire wear and grip, and suspension settings.[1] To be competitive in sim racing, a driver must understand all aspects of car handling that make real-world racing so difficult,[2] such as threshold braking, how to maintain control of a car as the tires lose traction, and how properly to enter and exit a turn without sacrificing speed. It is this level of difficulty that distinguishes sim racing from "arcade" driving games where real-world variables are taken out of the equation and the principal objective is to create a sense of speed as opposed to a sense of realism.

Sim (simulated) racing is the collective term for computer software that attempts to accurately simulate auto racing, complete with real-world variables such as fuel usage, damage, tire wear and grip, and suspension settings.[1] To be competitive in sim racing, a driver must understand all aspects of car handling that make real-world racing so difficult,[2] such as threshold braking, how to maintain control of a car as the tires lose traction, and how properly to enter and exit a turn without sacrificing speed. It is this level of difficulty that distinguishes sim racing from "arcade" driving games where real-world variables are taken out of the equation and the principal objective is to create a sense of speed as opposed to a sense of realism.

Ok so by this definition, Pcars2, AC, AMS, rf2, R3E, F1 codies games, GTSport, etc etc are all sims, so people should really stop wasting their times bickering.

So by your comment you didn't understand anything, lol! I understand, it's normal, i've been there too... :thumbsup:

You are the one who doesn't seem to understand the definition you posted. All written there applies to all these GAMES i mentioned. Its your own elitism and condescent behaviour that is stopping you from seeing the obvious. Just because you don't LIKE one, doesnt mean it stops fitting said definition.

and now some random Russian company with zero portfolio

is trying to buy
slightly mad studios for $100 million

talk about shady business
isn't it illegal to announce something before buying.

"Modern Pick Entertainment intends to acquire the assets of Slightly Mad Studios, developers of chart-busting AAA games with leading VR technology at a triple-million-digit valuation."

https://www.slightlymadstudios.com/...-acquisition-talks-with-slightly-mad-studios/

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 41 37.3%
  • Saturday

Votes: 64 58.2%