PC3 Next Project Cars "200% Better Than PCARS 2"

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS Revolution .jpg

Slightly Mad Studios head man Ian Bell has taken to Twitter recently to praise their new game... claiming it to be "200% better" already than the previous release.

Now going under the name of Project CARS Revolution, the third instalment to the successful Project CARS franchise is already well under development at Slightly Mad Studios HQ - and progress is so far advanced that Ian Bell claims the title is already "at least 200% better" than anything Project CARS 2 had to offer.

Criticised by some and loved by others, the last Project CARS game certainly managed to do plenty right despite its often confused nature, so news that the new title is allegedly so far ahead at this reasonably early stage is indeed positive news - even if Bell himself admitted he can be prone to the odd bout of over optimism in the past..

Ian Bell Tweet.jpg

Despite such solid beginnings, Ian Bell did go on to warn people that a release date will only be confirmed once the studio feel the software is ready to release, so don't expect it to be dropping anytime in the next few weeks.. although some more previews and information will surely start being drip fed by Bell and SMS as the hype train begins ahead of a public release.

Just to clarify - the above image is from PCARS 2..

Keep an eye out in the Project CARS Revolution sub forum here at RaceDepartment as a place to hang out and discuss the upcoming new game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
and now some random Russian company with zero portfolio

is trying to buy
slightly mad studios for $100 million

talk about shady business
isn't it illegal to announce something before buying.

"Modern Pick Entertainment intends to acquire the assets of Slightly Mad Studios, developers of chart-busting AAA games with leading VR technology at a triple-million-digit valuation."

https://www.slightlymadstudios.com/...-acquisition-talks-with-slightly-mad-studios/
Well, mail.ru group have a huge portfolio of online games. They also offer server infrastructure for mmo games.
Armored warfare, for example.
I think mail.ru could buy iracing, but they don't want to.

Last edited:
You're in talks of buying SMS (part of it)

And they are already using SMS screenshots on their site.
http://www.modernpick.com/
I am not sure if it's good for us(users), but SMS could become rich, lol
GM shops, gold boxes and things like this=mail.ru. But also millons of online players

Sorry, i will use iracing again. Imagine totally free iracing. But you will be charged for fuel and for faster rating advancement. That's mail.ru approach to online games.

Last edited:
I am not sure if it's good for us(users), but SMS could become rich, lol
GM shops, gold boxes and things like this=mail.ru. But also millons of online players

Sorry, i will use iracing again. Imagine totally free iracing. But you will be charged for fuel and for faster rating advancement. That's mail.ru approach to online games.
I think that a world of sports cars could actually be a thing. I mean you can start in something slow and based on your race results and your progression you could move on to GT4, GT3s and so on so on. It might sound a bit preposterous but yeah those games have millions of users and make a ton of money. If they provided some good racing I might give it a go.

There is a BIG difference between criticizing a game with
common sense or writing brainless, stupid comments without any
content except maybe the obligatory turd pile.
Some of these comments are a real impudence, unworthy for adult people.
Especially during the first 5 or 6 pages of this thread you can take notice of
a lotof such "opinions" and that are the ones people here are talking about
when it comes to "hate" comments about PC, not the comments with real
arguments what's going wrong.I do agree the term "hate comment" CAN
serve the surpression of opinion nowadays but many times, and in this
special case it's more than obvious,it's quite exactly what it is: stupid hate.

People should read the first pages again and after that they should check
the other threads about PC2 with more than 50 or whatever replies
and after that they should ask themselfes:
Are many of those comments really necessary? Why do they often
read like they are written by a 12 years old? Is this a community
i really want to be apart of?

Sure the game has its bugs, flaws and so on but it's certainly not as that bad
as some make it sound, far from it.
I love AC but there are enough things that can be
criticized, for example the lack of proper RACE cars in the base game,
most of them you have to buy via DLCs. No rain, no flying starts.
And without modding the game would only be half as appealing, if at all.
Not sure if i had bought it then to be honest.

Had bought RF2 8 months ago but got no feeling for it whatsoever so
after 2 hours i refunded it. Yes, maybe to soon and i should try it again
but i was used to AC and RF2 was so different and therefore simply
"not as good as AC" for me at the time.
I'm sure the same can be said about some guys here, have read a few
times that someone bought PC2 but refunded it after testing it for
1 or 2 hours but i think, like in my case with RF2, that this is way too
short to really make an opinion about it.
And you know what, despite my experience with RF2, you won't find me
on any of the threads about that game on RD where i call it crap or the like.

Why always PC2? Ian Bell might be a reason, yes. But why people always act as
if he's a criminal who robs people with guns? After all, it's just a game, and
objectively seen a good one, with many aspects of a simulation, that cannot be
denied. You don't have to love it, you don't have to buy it no problem.
But spamming the PC News threads everytime with comments how bad Ian Bell
or the game is supposed to be is nothing but annoying and meanwhile pretty
sucked out too.:sleep:

One last thing: Congrats to Paul Jeffrey. After you found the "200% better"
nonsense of Mr. Bell and decided to make an article about those No-News, by
putting it directly in the headline and in the knowing of the typical reactions about
Project Cars here on RD, did you ever expect sooo much replies/clicks?
I mean 3 digits for sure but more than 300 replies? 23.000 clicks? Well done!:D

Last edited:
I think that actually a world of sports cars could actually be a thing. I mean you can start in something slow and based on your race results and your progression you could move on to GT4, GT3s and so on so on. It might sound a bit preposterous but yeah those games have millions of users and make a ton of money. If they provided some good racing I might give it a go.
I think new projects will become pure arcade games. I hope SMS will use income from other projects to keep PCars franchise running.
Sorry for my English :).

With a millionaire company buying SMS i see one of two things...

Or they're gonna create the SIMULATOR, the best thing we've ever seen in terms of realism, sound, graphics and physics, dusting all competition by miles, or they'll want to make some more millions and they'll do another SIMCADE/GAME which main goal is the profit (which i belive is going to happen again unfortunately).

With a millionaire company buying SMS i see one of two things...

Or they're gonna create the SIMULATOR, the best thing we've ever seen in terms of realism, sound, graphics and physics, dusting all competition by miles, or they'll want to make some more millions and they'll do another SIMCADE/GAME which main goal is the profit (which i belive is going to happen again unfortunately).
Will see. I live in Russia, but 1st time i see this news here at RD :)

....a very entertaining read this Thread....I've gone through 2 boxes of Popcorn and finished 3 Sodas:roflmao::roflmao:...almost better than a night at the movies:roflmao::roflmao:
...joking aside, if this is indeed true that Modern Pick Entertainment intends to acquire the assets of Slightly Mad Studios, I wish Mr Bell all the luck as this could be a great business move for SMS....however, it may result in the Project Cars games to become...well, less simulator like...but not to worry as we have Reiza Studios to the rescue with their AMS2 on the Madness Engine, so I am happy either way...just my 2 cents

Last edited:
From Nathan Bell in the PCars Forums:

'Hi guys, how you all doing? Hope you're keeping well. Just to clarify, this is a partial sale, my Dad's not going anywhere. Our Management and core team will stay in place, and our operations will continue uninfluenced. Nothing is changing at SMS, other than the bank account. We're stilll committed to making the best games possible for our fans and the wider gaming community.'

From Nathan Bell in the PCars Forums:

'Hi guys, how you all doing? Hope you're keeping well. Just to clarify, this is a partial sale, my Dad's not going anywhere. Our Management and core team will stay in place, and our operations will continue uninfluenced. Nothing is changing at SMS, other than the bank account. We're stilll committed to making the best games possible for our fans and the wider gaming community.'

Now this just killed the little hope i had...

Did you read the announcement?

Did you read the announcement?

Yes I did, I was concerned about some higher power meddling in SMS' vision and the quote has put my mind at ease.

And I have read this entire thread and so I am familiar with your passionate semantic arguments. However the word game makes absolutely no difference, a simulator is a genre of game which in itself is a genre of software so I cannot fathom how you are so hung up on this point.

Project Cars has always been marketed as a game and a simulation, as has every single other sim on the market so to be so concerned about the word game is simply baffling.

Last edited:
Yes I did, I was concerned about some higher power meddling and SMS' vision and the quote has put my mind at ease.

And I have read this entire thread and so I am familiar with your passionate semantic arguments. However the word game makes absolutely no difference, a simulator is a genre of game which in itself is a genre of software so I cannot fathom how you are so hung up on this point.

Project Cars has always been marketed as a game and a simulation, as has every single other sim on the market so to be so concerned about the word game is simply baffling.
Wait until they find out the whole of motorsports can be considered a game...

• Deleted member 503495

and now some random Russian company with zero portfolio

is trying to buy
slightly mad studios for $100 million

talk about shady business
isn't it illegal to announce something before buying.

"Modern Pick Entertainment intends to acquire the assets of Slightly Mad Studios, developers of chart-busting AAA games with leading VR technology at a triple-million-digit valuation."

https://www.slightlymadstudios.com/...-acquisition-talks-with-slightly-mad-studios/

rF2 and Apex discord channels had something on this. The address is residential instead of commercial, the company is new and no portfolio but has text like SMS, the work in progress material all looks like different versions of project cars, and their only claim is an e-sports team that participated in Russia.

It looks like everything but an honest acquisition. Something going on behind the scenes that does not involve videogames most likely.

Modern Pick's Vice President is Mathias Lauda, so I don't think they are dodgy as some make out, even if the sound of a relatively new Russian company with seemingly little experience does ring some alarm bells

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.