PC3 Next Project Cars "200% Better Than PCARS 2"

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS Revolution .jpg

Slightly Mad Studios head man Ian Bell has taken to Twitter recently to praise their new game... claiming it to be "200% better" already than the previous release.

Now going under the name of Project CARS Revolution, the third instalment to the successful Project CARS franchise is already well under development at Slightly Mad Studios HQ - and progress is so far advanced that Ian Bell claims the title is already "at least 200% better" than anything Project CARS 2 had to offer.

Criticised by some and loved by others, the last Project CARS game certainly managed to do plenty right despite its often confused nature, so news that the new title is allegedly so far ahead at this reasonably early stage is indeed positive news - even if Bell himself admitted he can be prone to the odd bout of over optimism in the past..

Ian Bell Tweet.jpg

Despite such solid beginnings, Ian Bell did go on to warn people that a release date will only be confirmed once the studio feel the software is ready to release, so don't expect it to be dropping anytime in the next few weeks.. although some more previews and information will surely start being drip fed by Bell and SMS as the hype train begins ahead of a public release.

Just to clarify - the above image is from PCARS 2..

Keep an eye out in the Project CARS Revolution sub forum here at RaceDepartment as a place to hang out and discuss the upcoming new game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Dunno why is that celebration worthy, I think if a sim is a bad sim in your eyes then not playing is a better message for everyone than being loud about it. SMS can make any game they want, this modern "they have to cater to a demographic thingy" is nonsense.
Besides of AMS2, the sim with arguably the best VR implementation cannot be celebrated if gone, at least not when I finally pull the trigger lmao.

Getting away from all the criticism about the game, Anybody heard yet if PC3 is going to be offered on STEAM for the PC? It is June now and dont see a mention of it on STEAM in my searches there. Like to keep all my games on one platform, which is STEAM.

I wont criticize the game until it is released and some of our great reviewers have posted their video reviews. One thing I do know, it will provide VR support. take care.

People criticising PC not being a proper sim, now they criticise it for going back to the Shift roots and being less serious....cmon.

Hi Mate, ✌️
I'm giving here my point of view, I'm not talking for the sim community of course.

It's not what PC is or not, wich is a problem... It's how they are selling it !!
From PC1 they are really trying hard to place this title in the simulation family.
THIS is the real issue...

For instance, I'll never complain about NFS, because I know what it is, and the communication around it is crystal clear... It's an arcade game, period !
And if I want arcade feeling, I'll go for it.

And I guess this is one of the reasons PC is being "hated" by a part of the sim community.

Cheers ✌️
Donnie

Hi Mate, ✌
I'm giving here my point of view, I'm not talking for the sim community of course.

It's not what PC is or not, wich is a problem... It's how they are selling it !!
From PC1 they are really trying hard to place this title in the simulation family.
THIS is the real issue...

For instance, I'll never complain about NFS, because I know what it is, and the communication around it is crystal clear... It's an arcade game, period !
And if I want arcade feeling, I'll go for it.

And I guess this is one of the reasons PC is being "hated" by a part of the sim community.

Cheers ✌
Donnie

and Gran Turismo has the subtitle of "The real driving simulator". Sims cannot simulate everything even to this day, being a worse sim doesn't mean it isn't one, although Ian Bell is usually needlessly overhypes his games.

and Gran Turismo has the subtitle of "The real driving simulator". Sims cannot simulate everything even to this day, being a worse sim doesn't mean it isn't one, although Ian Bell is usually needlessly overhypes his games.

And I'm glad you pushed the GT subject
As you say, they call themselves "ultimate driving simulator"... Which was kind of real when GT1 first got out !

Now, they kept that "catch line" which is not true anymore, but since you know exactly what you are buying, it doesn't really matters what the claim is.

With PC, I'll say it's a "bad timing" thing !
On first release, they were clearly selling simulation. But with titles like AC, rF2, AMS, RRE... being a "simulator" is way more demanding compared to the moment of GT first release.

If GT was a 2020 new game, and calling themselves "ultimate driving simulator", I would have been disappointed I guess !

Anyways, I am not saying PC is a bad game, just that they are totally missing their target !
For a total beginner it have a taste of simulation, for an expert, it feels arcadish...

Cheers,
Donnie

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back