PC3 Next Project Cars "200% Better Than PCARS 2"

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS Revolution .jpg

Slightly Mad Studios head man Ian Bell has taken to Twitter recently to praise their new game... claiming it to be "200% better" already than the previous release.

Now going under the name of Project CARS Revolution, the third instalment to the successful Project CARS franchise is already well under development at Slightly Mad Studios HQ - and progress is so far advanced that Ian Bell claims the title is already "at least 200% better" than anything Project CARS 2 had to offer.

Criticised by some and loved by others, the last Project CARS game certainly managed to do plenty right despite its often confused nature, so news that the new title is allegedly so far ahead at this reasonably early stage is indeed positive news - even if Bell himself admitted he can be prone to the odd bout of over optimism in the past..

Ian Bell Tweet.jpg

Despite such solid beginnings, Ian Bell did go on to warn people that a release date will only be confirmed once the studio feel the software is ready to release, so don't expect it to be dropping anytime in the next few weeks.. although some more previews and information will surely start being drip fed by Bell and SMS as the hype train begins ahead of a public release.

Just to clarify - the above image is from PCARS 2..

Keep an eye out in the Project CARS Revolution sub forum here at RaceDepartment as a place to hang out and discuss the upcoming new game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
I already heard some dumbhead say life is a game, which obviously is not true. As life is sacred, a thing that has nothing to do with gaming! FFS
What the hell are you on about? I think religious conversations are outside the purview of this thread.
Secondly, I was referring to motorsports which like other sports is a game with a set of rules and whoever is best at it wins the game. Just like when you watch a game of football or a game of basketball.

This thread is becoming rather heated, everyone needs to take a deep breath and dial it back please.
Who'd believe that the news of a new sim from a respected developer could engender such vitriol.
Not everyone have respect for SMS. I personally enjoy project cars 2 and fire it up every now and then but alot of people didn't like it and even in the review from RD it didn't get a warm welcome.
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/a-frustrating-experience-the-project-cars-2-review.141823/
Project CARS 2 claimed to be "redefining the genre of sim racing" prior to release, and having sunk plenty of hours into getting under the skin of the new title I can say one thing for sure: despite having quite a few compelling positives if you look hard enough at the game, if this is the new definition of sim racing then I'm not entirely sure I want to stick around for much longer.

Well, this is my 2nd post in 9 years here at the RD. Project CARS is definitely a racing sim. We can point out flaws in every game on the market compared to real life driving.

Everyone keeps jumping on Ian Bell, but ignore the comments made by other devs or not yet delivering on a project yet. But, I think SMS has done an outstanding job with pCAR 2. Perfect no, but is anything perfect. Absolutely not!

It seems as, if some get mad because they were in violation of the forum rules and then get banned.

Sim racing is not real, so the mentality of my game is superior to ____ is just a toxic attitude and looks absolutely retarded in the sim racing community.

I would suspect in the future as sims progress and technology, the difference in sim games will gradually disappear as the tire modeling is significantly progressing with the help of tire manufacturers.

Call me a simpleton but all i want is pCARS2 with Shift elements. I want to buy cars and modify them and compete against exotics and stuff, in short sprint races. This happens in real life too you know.

But i also want to be able to drive them and enjoy them, which is something i couldn't really do in Shift games.They were boat simulators.At least without mods. pCARS2 was 100% better right out of the box. If they manage to merge the two games successfully, i will be a happy man even if it's just 50% better.

As for pCARS2 being a simulator or not...well...sorry but it is. It's way way above "simcade" levels.Not ACC levels, but still way way above Forza for example. Is GTR2 as good as ACC?Honestly...not really. Is it not a simulator? Of course it is! This 100% simulator or not simulator way of thinking is just nonsense.

Given they sold to Codemasters I wouldn't anticipate this announcement being of any value now, any future projects will be chosen by Codemasters and it remains to be seen what it is Codies will be doing with the technology and staff of slightly mad studios.

Good to hear, but don't you agree it has been very quiet. We usually get a lot of noise about not much when something is in development, but on this, for a while now, nothing.

I think this is down to the Fast & Furious title. Although Ian Bell "leaked" this game back in September 2017, presumably licensing restrictions stopped him saying anything official about it until recently. Of course there is no such restriction for PC3 and so Ian was free to talk about it.from the start of development in December 2018. With the formal announcement of F&F presumably SMS don't want to take attention away by talking about PC3. Also with the game taking 2-3 years to develop there will be quiet periods with news only ramping up in the 6 months prior to release (and I'm not expecting release until 2021)

Nevertheless Ian has tweeted about PC3 in the past week in response to questions. No new information just confirmation its still very much in development.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back