New level of night driving with lights!

I am very happy to see this mod... and happily support further development for Assetto Corsa.:)

I haven't downloaded it yet ... and won't have a chance until maybe Monday. Can this mod replicate these below images? Night at a race track, such as at Daytona isn't just about black darkness and white headlights. Race tracks are bathed in light and shadow at night. In places you have stark glaring white, screeching red and blue neons and darkness blacker then the inside of a cow. :geek::

night at daytona II.jpg

24 hours Daytona.jpg

Daytona Night-Rolex-24-Free-3.jpg

Daytona at night.jpg

Last edited:
I am very happy to see this mod... and happily support further development for Assetto Corsa.:)

I haven't downloaded it yet ... and won't have a chance until maybe Monday. Can this mod replicate these below images? Night at a race track, such as at Daytona isn't just about black darkness and white headlights. Race tracks are bathed in light and shadow at night. In places you have stark glaring white, screeching red and blue neons and darkness blacker then the inside of a cow. :geek::

View attachment 254161

View attachment 254160

View attachment 254162

View attachment 254159
Nope. Just the cars produce light.
But this is a huge step in the right direction.
Especially in AC.
If you want replicate ingame your screens you'll have to wait for ACC.

Greets After_Midnight

View attachment 254161

View attachment 254160

View attachment 254162

View attachment 254159
I understand, sadly the AC graphics engine was not meant for this. In any case, this (beta) mod is really worthwhile and it's free! The screenshots do not give it justice. Imagine the roaring sound of the beautiful GT1 cars (from RSS team), the brake lights, the headlights and the night sky. Or a rally car negotiating tight corners on a hill-climb road at night. Or just driving on a country road with the moon shining in the sky. It's awesome that now we can do this in AC. Thanks to Ilja Jusupov (x4fab) and the other modders now night racing or driving is totally doable. Given the absence of track lighting, maybe it is more suitable for rally, hillclimb, night driving. But you can set the weather to evening or dusk or moonlit sky and you have enough ambient lighting for night racing on tracks, too.

Last edited:
Now I need some help :(
By a try to record a video with bandicam AC chrashed by loading the track and car.
At the homepage of the mod:
https://acstuff.ru/f/d/28-shaders-patch-dynamic-lights
I found this by TROUBLESHOOTING:
  • If you’re using Bandicam, it will crash the game if running, but would work without a problem, if you close it, launch the race, and then re-open Bandicam.
But now AC works only without the Shaders Patch :( Also after deleting and reinstalling.
Is there a way to get the patch working again?

Thanks in advance.

Greets After_Midnight

Edit: All version before v0.1.13 works without any issues.

Edit 2: I'm not the only one :p
The last version seems to have issues:

v0.1.13
  • Apparently, this version doesn’t work on most systems, and I can’t reproduce it. Trying to fix…
Edit 3: The issue seems to be fixed in the version v0.1.14 :thumbsup:

Last edited:
VR users: if performance takes a significant hit when using the headlights mod, just drop your supersampling back down to 1. You'll hardly notice a graphical difference at night and performance will get a huge boost (assuming your ss was up around 1.5 to begin with, of course).

I'm most surprised that I have no performance difference, still 100+ in Hot Lap and ~70 with AI on track
And that it works fine without any changes to tracks or cars. Even really old ones
82F3CUL.jpg
What are your specs? I'm on a 6500k/980Ti combo and lowering supersampling was all I needed to do to keep things smooth in VR.
It is a truly amazing mod, it really is. It offers a whole new experience. I'm so, so impressed.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%