F1 2018 New F1 2018 Hockenheim Preview Images Revealed

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2018 Hockenheim 2.jpg

With the F1 2018 hype train well on track, Codemasters reveal some new screenshots from the game at the home of the German Grand Prix - Hockenheim.

Promising a more fleshed out offline experience, "new" historic content, improved visuals, improved gameplay and a full representation of the 2018 FIA Formula One World Championship, by far the most high profile and popular racing series in the world, it would be fair to say that anticipation and excitement for this upcoming game is rather high indeed...

Scheduled to release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC late August, a steady stream of video and screenshot content have been released by Codemasters in recent weeks as they look to whet the appetite of the gaming public prior to pushing the game live, and following the recent German Grand Prix it looks like the British studio have been at it again, releasing a small series of in game screenshots from the virtual version of the Hockenheim Grand Prix circuit.

Check out the images below, and if you want to see more of Hockenheim in F1 2018, don't forget to check out the video of Renault driver and home hero Nico Hulkenberg testing an early build of the upcoming title.

Formula One 2018 is scheduled to release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC August 24th 2018.

F1 2018 Hockenheim 1.jpg
F1 2018 Hockenheim 3.jpg
F1 2018 Hockenheim 4.jpg
F1 2018 Hockenheim 5.jpg

For more news and discussion around the upcoming new Formula One title, don't forget to check out the F1 2018 Sub Forum and get yourself involved in the discussion today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

What do you think of the images / footage released of F1 2018 so far? Looking forward to the game? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Really ?
But I have easily correct that for myself with a tiny touch in SweetFx.
Though... it should be done already within the game but eh... what can you do...
I expect more from you Pat. :D
SweetFX is fine and I use it for games it works well with, but some games don't take it well, and you have to search for right version and what not, and also - if you are just matching your desired FPS, sweetFX can push it over the edge

messing with NVIDIA is also a bit over the top , and - unless it doesn't work how I imagine it works, you still have a problem
if NVIDIA adjusts your monitor colors to your liking for a game, if you make a screenshots or video, then these wouldn't still show the problem, becasue the gamut curve won't get baked into the images

unless the curve directly intercepts the rgb values and modifies them before it displays them

You know you can adjust color gamut and saturation via your video card settings or even on your monitor right? You can even set up a color profile for each game if you have an nVidia GPU.
That's an absolutely horrible way to go about it. My monitor is color calibrated for photo processing and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, why on Earth would I want to ruin these settings due to some devs decision to make their game blue for no understandable reason?
That's like a car manufacturer selling cars that only have three wheels of four included and you saying "you know you can just buy the missing wheel elsewhere yourself, right?" when people complain about it.

That's an absolutely horrible way to go about it. My monitor is color calibrated for photo processing and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, why on Earth would I want to ruin these settings due to some devs decision to make their game blue for no understandable reason?
That's like a car manufacturer selling cars that only have three wheels of four included and you saying "you know you can just buy the missing wheel elsewhere yourself, right?" when people complain about it.

I was merely making a suggestion to the man.

Edit: Nevermind, sorry. If anyone saw the post before this edit, I absolutely stand by what I wrote, but I realized I'm being needlessly aggressive about presenting my opinions. Sorry.

Last edited:
You know you can adjust color gamut and saturation via your video card settings or even on your monitor right? You can even set up a color profile for each game if you have an nVidia GPU.

Thanks. I do know how to get around it however still my point is: "How the hell codemasters don't see, or don't fix or even worst, release this miserable looking game???
Its not just the color...look at those edges!!! Particularly on the dark side of the tyres, looking very far from dialectric material...Its 2018 guys seriously!

Last edited:
well, since they have to release game each year, I suppose they don't have that much time, although they can recycle lot of the content

but yeah, compared to something like this, it doesnt' look right
currently - imo - best lookig racing game out there, Gran Turismo sport

landscape-1463673608-gtsport-race-nurburgring-nordschleife-02-1463670248.jpg

Gran-Turismo-Sport-March-1024x576.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. I do know how to get around it however still my point is: "How the hell codemasters don't see, or don't fix or even worst, release this miserable looking game???
Its not just the color...look at those edges!!! Particularly on the dark side of the tyres, looking very far from dialectric material...Its 2018 guys seriously!

LOL you should have seen SBK '10 and Moto Gp '09. They had this glossy grey haze on all the models. I think they just needed to turn the sun light up.

It would be really nice if you could put your name in and have the game register it and count it as a driver. So what if someone wants to call themselves spunky mcracer I'd really like that level of immersion.

That's all the thanks.

It would be really nice if you could put your name in and have the game register it and count it as a driver. So what if someone wants to call themselves spunky mcracer I'd really like that level of immersion.

That's all the thanks.
As in the dialogues ?? because you can put your name in the game and it will show up in the UI , ..not sure if it's showing on your driver suit or car though, but yeah, they don't say it, which would be nice additional

As in the dialogues ?? because you can put your name in the game and it will show up in the UI , ..not sure if it's showing on your driver suit or car though, but yeah, they don't say it, which would be nice additional

Crewcheif does it, and I'm sure it would be a ridiculous task adding every name ever, but it's so cool when he says your name.

Instead we get just the car manufacturer.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back