F1 2018 New F1 2018 Hockenheim Preview Images Revealed

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2018 Hockenheim 2.jpg

With the F1 2018 hype train well on track, Codemasters reveal some new screenshots from the game at the home of the German Grand Prix - Hockenheim.

Promising a more fleshed out offline experience, "new" historic content, improved visuals, improved gameplay and a full representation of the 2018 FIA Formula One World Championship, by far the most high profile and popular racing series in the world, it would be fair to say that anticipation and excitement for this upcoming game is rather high indeed...

Scheduled to release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC late August, a steady stream of video and screenshot content have been released by Codemasters in recent weeks as they look to whet the appetite of the gaming public prior to pushing the game live, and following the recent German Grand Prix it looks like the British studio have been at it again, releasing a small series of in game screenshots from the virtual version of the Hockenheim Grand Prix circuit.

Check out the images below, and if you want to see more of Hockenheim in F1 2018, don't forget to check out the video of Renault driver and home hero Nico Hulkenberg testing an early build of the upcoming title.

Formula One 2018 is scheduled to release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC August 24th 2018.

F1 2018 Hockenheim 1.jpg
F1 2018 Hockenheim 3.jpg
F1 2018 Hockenheim 4.jpg
F1 2018 Hockenheim 5.jpg

For more news and discussion around the upcoming new Formula One title, don't forget to check out the F1 2018 Sub Forum and get yourself involved in the discussion today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

What do you think of the images / footage released of F1 2018 so far? Looking forward to the game? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I figured out why the cockpit cam drives me nuts and I generally find myself driving from the TV pod view in F1 20xx - the input lag is brutal. I wonder if it will be any different this year, but I kind of doubt it.

Looks gorgeous, though.

The trees and the whole stadium are covered in some kind of blue smog, worse than in London. Not a big fan of these added effects, but I guess that's what graphics are all about these days.
Fixed that for you:

i-RJrCwKs.jpg

i-rbxXNGK.jpg

i-fkqRBN7.jpg

i-5Wcf644.jpg

i-8PNDxcH.jpg

It's just a matter of choosing a certain color balance, no added effects involved. I don't understand why sim developers seem to be so obsessed with making their games blue lately. ACC seems to have the same issue (though mostly just in shadows, so that's at least something). They're slowly getting to the point where it's as bad as in rF2 (though that one is more turquoise than blue).

well, color balance, depth haze and overall blurriness of the distant background were prime reasons why F1 2017 was the FIRST EVER game on steam that I RETURNED, and here, I'm not sure I will bother with purchase

initial screenshots look good, but I feel like with every new screenshots it looks more like the 2017

The trees and the whole stadium are covered in some kind of blue smog, worse than in London. Not a big fan of these added effects, but I guess that's what graphics are all about these days.
I wouldn't normally be one for nit picking but that jumped out at me straight away. It looks like distance fog/haze, and you would encounter it in real life under certain conditions, but to see it everywhere ruins the effect. I want to want this game, but the whole thing just doesn't appeal.

I figured out why the cockpit cam drives me nuts and I generally find myself driving from the TV pod view in F1 20xx - the input lag is brutal. I wonder if it will be any different this year, but I kind of doubt it.
Looks gorgeous, though.
Never noticed that "brutal" lag though...
It must be me. :x3: Figthing with AI and track themselves. :D:rolleyes: Couldn't care less about some... "brutal" input lag. Bring it on again I say, only make everything else right.
well, color balance, depth haze and overall blurriness of the distant background were prime reasons why F1 2017 was the FIRST EVER game on steam that I RETURNED, and here, I'm not sure I will bother with purchase
initial screenshots look good, but I feel like with every new screenshots it looks more like the 2017
Really ?
But I have easily correct that for myself with a tiny touch in SweetFx.
Though... it should be done already within the game but eh... what can you do...
I expect more from you Pat. :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing