F1 2018 Hulkenberg and Hockenheim in F1 2018

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The German Grand Prix returns this weekend, and to celebrate Germany's own Nico Hulkenberg goes for a lap in the upcoming F1 2018 video game...

Taking to the returning Hockenheim Grand Prix circuit in his virtual rendition of the resplendent Renault RS18, Nico Hulkenberg gives fans of Formula One the treat of a fast lap in F1 2018, commentating on how to push a modern Formula One car around this still challenging venue - even sharing a couple of tips about how best to maximise laptime at the Rhine Valley based circuit.

“It is always fantastic to have the real F1 drivers spending time with the game and giving us feedback on the handling and the game as a whole,” commented Lee Mather, Game Director, F1 2018. “The drivers can provide a finer level of insight. For example they can talk to us about facets of the circuits that only they know.”

F1 2018 will continue what is a long line of official Formula One games from Codemasters, releasing on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC this coming August.

Formula One 2018 is scheduled to release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC August 24th 2018.

German Grand Prix Hockenheim 2.png
F1 2018 German Grand Prix - Hockenheim.jpg

For more news and discussion around the upcoming new Formula One title, don't forget to check out the F1 2018 Sub Forum and get yourself involved in the discussion today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

What do you think of the latest gameplay video from F1 2018? Do you like the look of the new game? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:

Marcel Offermans

The Last Garage
Premium
An interesting observation is that it is hard to work around that halo on a normal screen. In VR it would be a lot less of a problem since that emulates our eyes and how we can look past such objects in our view better. I don't see any mention of VR yet though (or did I miss it, because I admit skipping parts of the video)?

I agree. Having played other sims that already have cars with HALO’s, I switched almost immediately to the non-HALO version of the car, because in 2D it is blocking an important part of your view straight ahead. Most of these sims (except AMS) overcome this issue in VR, but F1 2018 has no VR as far as I know. A missed opportunity, because with VR people could really experience what F1 drivers are saying... that the HALO does not effect their visibility.

it worries me that Kunos might wanna release ACC the same day this one comes out. Talk about dick size competition. Sorry but I will definitely get the ACC first.

Regarding that HALO thing you guys are talking about, I forgot which video of F1 2018 teaser I watched that shows a part of the HALO can be removed in game. Just the middle part but not the top. I won't even search and post it here, but I'm sure I saw it.

Codemasters are refusing to go VR with their F1-licence, aren't they?

So there must be a possibility to make this whole thing enjoyable. So what do they do? They made the "T-Bone" invisible.

Yeah...

When you have 2 absolutely bone-headed companies triing to get new, joung and paying audiences, this kind of stupid things always turns out to be the most considered way.

WHY?

VR VR VR...why is there still moaning about no VR??
I won't buy this game simply because amongst other things it is looking awfull but... just imagine it in VR!!! ...Or do people want it so bad because currently in VR you can't see anything sharp enough past your steering wheel?? LOLL

I am sure that these tracks will be a great addition for those that will buy this title :thumbsup:

The problem for me, is that I have become a VR fanboy ..not sure that is the right word for me? ..maybe fan_granddad. I simply can not sim race now, without using VR.

An interesting observation is that it is hard to work around that halo on a normal screen. In VR it would be a lot less of a problem since that emulates our eyes and how we can look past such objects in our view better. I don't see any mention of VR yet though (or did I miss it, because I admit skipping parts of the video)?
They don't mention VR because it doesn't have the support for it. None of the Codies F1 games had VR. Maybe when they switch to a new game engine.

I personally have zero problems with the halo on single screen so it does not bother me at all. I even like it for some reason. But wow the VR crowd is getting bigger and bigger. Unfortunately I don't have the money and GPU to get one. Student problems... :D

VR VR VR...why is there still moaning about no VR??
I won't buy this game simply because amongst other things it is looking awfull but... just imagine it in VR!!! ...Or do people want it so bad because currently in VR you can't see anything sharp enough past your steering wheel?? LOLL

It's all about the VR. VR is king I love VR, VR changed the genre VR is a revalation the only reason they won't do VR is because PS and Xbox are not powerful enough for full (not said VR in a while) VR grids.

Now us VR users dont like to bang on about how good VR is but VR just really is Very Realistic (see what i did there i came up with another meaning for my beloved VR)

If you are one of those pathetic pukers just get on with it Mumsikins will wash Vest Regurgitation another synonym for VR jees im on fire! Anywaaay #novrnobuy

Last edited:

Vincent.C

Another WEC driver !
I'm crying a little bit cause they don't put VR in this new game but I will be probably the best F1 game ever made by Codemasters.

Waiting next month to take hands on it.

ACC and F1 2018 the same day ? No problem, half a day with both two... ahhhaaaaa.

Marcel Offermans

The Last Garage
Premium
it worries me that Kunos might wanna release ACC the same day this one comes out. Talk about dick size competition. Sorry but I will definitely get the ACC first.

I believe Kunos announced that they will give us a release date for the "early access" version of ACC at Spa. Beyond that it's all speculation at this point so let me do that for a moment too: the early access version will probably be available relatively soon as it would not make sense to announce something at Spa if it were not available in the next month or so. The next question then becomes how long it will take them to go from the first early access version to the "1.0" version that gets shipped on all platforms. Based on the first Assetto Corsa that could be anywhere from half a year to a year. My guess would be they try to be just in time for the 2019 season. Anyway, back on topic, I doubt these two will be released in the same month.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 117 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 41 9.8%
  • €3001-5000