New Add-on: Codename "Toad"

I hope it's not BTCC because that just wont add much to the game. The cars are virtually the same and we already have a mod for it. The tracks are also around as addons but I guess they aren't great quality.

It has already been mentioned in previews that Race Pro will get DLC that will contain some historic racing cars, kinda like GTL I guess. Maybe we'll be getting them too? After all, Race Pro shares most of the content with GTR Evo. And they would be getting more money out of the same artwork.
But since we already have the GTL conversion that might not happen either.

A1 maybe? Who knows, but I look forward to finding out.

Anyway, thanks for the hint Simbin.

Edit: One thing I would like to add, a message to Simbin - Please get rid of or increase the ModelID limit for cars. It's the one great barrier for modding that the game has right now.
Look here for info on it: http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34808
Right now it can't go higher than 255, and the limit is quickly being approached.

Just hoping Simbin reads this :)

I very much doubt it will be a Touring Car modification.

I think perhaps some older stuff like DTM perhaps? Or maybe sports cars oor Daytona prototypes to try and get into the US market.

I just doubt it will be hugely different. Coz rememebr it has to utitilse the same basic engine and physics. If its going to be an addon, then my guess is something like a rally thing, or perhaps some kind of historic groups. That is what I hope!

I very much doubt it will be a Touring Car modification.

I think perhaps some older stuff like DTM perhaps? Or maybe sports cars oor Daytona prototypes to try and get into the US market.

I just doubt it will be hugely different. Coz rememebr it has to utitilse the same basic engine and physics. If its going to be an addon, then my guess is something like a rally thing, or perhaps some kind of historic groups. That is what I hope!

You say it has to use the same base engine and physics - that means anything is possible really, just look at the huge amounts of mods for rFactor. With simbin using the same engine - well aside from their modifications - most types of car can be made.

• Andrew Evans

there's no restriction to the type of cars they can add, because of the game engine, in terms of track based racing... now if you wanted rallying, that's a different matter :D

personally i'm praying it's not more touring cars (btcc) - at least not ones that are effectively the equivalent of what we already have (see stcc).... some more production cars would ace... some gtl like classics would be groovy... as would more single make categories like cats and rads - ariel atoms!...

of course, for me, it's the new tracks i crave the most... :drool:

I am thinking maybe V8 Suypercar, that opens up a huge market for them, as you can see from this site the market over there is vibrant.

Not so sure about US. they have done everything Swedish they can unless I wake up ina massive dream and they do a rallycross mod with Kenn7 Hansen and Isachsen etc!!

• Matt Crouch

I was wondering if the timing of this was at-all relevant considering the A1GP sprint race is running right now, but they say "new cars" which suggests that there's more than one car model

I very much dount BTCC, they have done all that already! And in all honesty the tracks are the only new thing.
Perhaps the GT series if theya re doing UK? But again some of the cars have already been done, DBRS9.Viper etc.

Surely for V8 they can use older stuff or maybe they are not allowed to use tracks?

I think their first statement contained almost more information than this one, or at least the same information :p
However, it's a nice gesture and I like that they want to keep in contact with the sim comunity :)

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 168 87.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 32 16.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 28 14.6%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 28 14.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 56 29.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 70 36.5%