New Add-on: Codename "Toad"

WTCC 09 Oh yeah!. but American racing OH! NO!. Simbin went for money there, they know gaming in USA is popular so they want to grab money. But still they also working on Codename Toad so this game can be good component to Codename Toad. I'm dealing with that then. Likely to buy this pack

Nothing wrong with wanting a slice of the USA market. More money = More development for PC titles :good:

To be honest when I was looking at the training at Curitiba today (1st wtcc09 race), was noticing that most commercial partnerships were still in place. So this doesn’t surprise me...

We can't blame a certain sport TV brand plus other/and wtcc championship promoters to bet repeatedly in a game... it’s a winning formula.

Yes, me too would like a different championship (AMLMS or LMS for instances), but wtcc09 will do fine as it is a championship I can easily see at my doorstep.

I'm just hoping those TDI engines won't just add to the mass rev-out engine mappings we already have in race.

• Mikkow

I am swedish and know the language well. I read the original article in Swedish from a swedish news website. It was an interview mainly about Race Pro for eXbox360, but also some other blurbs.

idg.se: "Do you have other games lined up? You always make a row of PC games each year."

SimBin: "We have a new WTCC-game lined up, for this year's season. It is built on our old game engine. This year's news is that we have a little bit more american circuits and a little bit american muscle cars. This was a request from our american publisher, so it's a bit of a flirt with that market. But USA is difficult, it is hard to sell racing games unless they are driven on cicuits that just go around, around, around."

They are probably talking about the WTCC - The game series. I.e. Race 07 was a WTCC game. Just when talking to this paper, to make it easier for them to understand. I don't think it means it will be a WTCC license.

The muscle cars and tracks does not mean some american muscle car series either. Remember that Nordschleife + muscle cars was already put into GTR Evolution. It's probably just a bit extra stuff on the side (a few more road cars and circuits unattached to any series).

• Mikkow

I read a swedish interview which stated that they will include a few more american muscle cars and american tracks, requested by the publisher. Good to know.

In GTR Evo we got Nordschleife and some muscle/supercars already, so it's probably the same kind of 'bonus content'.

I would imagine they would steer towards the American market more. With the Camaro's in STCC, maybe it's a hint of things to come. I know i's a long shot, but could we see something along the lines of stock cars, or some other American racing tier?

• Mikkow

I would imagine they would steer towards the American market more. With the Camaro's in STCC, maybe it's a hint of things to come. I know i's a long shot, but could we see something along the lines of stock cars, or some other American racing tier?
Unlikely, because they mentioned that this small addition was the flirt itself. If they were making some real american racing tier, then that little flirt would not have been necessary.

The Camaros in STCC are part of the STCC show. They race during the same weekends and everything. Easy to license and a fun alternative. Don't think they were put especially for the americans.

• Oli Bellamy

More American circuits? Once you've been round 1 you've been round 'em all. Flipping driving round in circles.

• Mikkow

More American circuits? Once you've been round 1 you've been round 'em all. Flipping driving round in circles.

That's nonsense. They have all kinds of race tracks. Ovals are just one type they have. I'll fetch you a list. Here's a list of 43 offical road racing circuits used, with links and all - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_auto_racing_tracks_in_the_United_States#Road_courses

I've raced around a few of them (downloadable for race 07 etc) and seen some on youtube. Every one I've seen and tried was pretty damned good. Mid Ohio is really fun in particular.

Think of USA as a big place with a bit of everything in it.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.