New Add-on: Codename "Toad"

• Andy Marsden

Yes cant wait for the there new engine to be out :)
As for rallying the best game was the original Network Q rally :D
going back some years tho lol
Bought Colin Mcrae Dirt and not happy :( very Disapointed, Its far from Sim but not even Arcade :mad:

Oooh was that the Europress one with the co-driving done by Tony Mason (I think that was his name, he was the presenter/commentator of the BBC rally coverage years ago), I loved that when I was younger! :D

• Richard Birchall

Oh no, I do have that one also :D but this game was way before that, wasn't really 3d lol
Realistic damage and proper rally notes and stage times :D some of the stages used to take up to 30 mins :D came on floppy not cd/dvd :D

• Richard Birchall

Might be the same game Dave. was it more like 2D. Used to play it with my bro taking turns, you had all full stages, realistic driving times and distance and 3 day event, used to take ages lol

On another note: Wondering if there is a skin for the Caterham R500 and possibly the Lamborghini Reventon.. So good Looking that car :D

RBR is great, but I wish it had stronger FFB. And again...I also wish it would feature the group b cars....
There was a mod for the Group B cars under development a while back, but apperently it wasn't possible to simulate the cars due to limitations of the game engine so the mod was never finished :(

Hello everybody, my first post here and i have an idea of what TOAD is:
TOAD is not so much about cars or series, it's about adding career-mode to gtrEVO. I mean career-mode in offline and online, like iracing, but simplier. They are saying that it's something evebody has wanted, and this is it.

Mark my words...:wink2:

Hello everybody, my first post here and i have an idea of what TOAD is:
TOAD is not so much about cars or series, it's about adding career-mode to gtrEVO. I mean career-mode in offline and online, like iracing, but simplier. They are saying that it's something evebody has wanted, and this is it.

Mark my words...:wink2:

This would confirm my theory about MMG and their World Racing mod...
I belive that they were hired by Simbin to work on this next addon with them. World Racing was going to have focus on production cars and Simbin has mentioned before that more production cars were to expect from them in future addons. Adding a career mode to this I think was also a part of MMG's goal with their mod...I'll be so proud if I'm right :p ;)

However they did mention that it would be a "couple of series" so I assume that the Career mode and production cars would only be a part of TOAD and that perhaps BTCC or an open wheeler series is gonna be in it too.

• Mikkow

These are great ideas! Although personally I think that if true, it will not be the 'main' thing. I remember that they said, literally "We have secured the licenses for a couple of highly requested series"

That means at least two licenses of at least two real series. Anything we talked about in our last few posts would be 'extras'.

Hell, for all we know, maybe they are putting that mod that was commercialized into an upcoming Lizard powered game (seems more likely considering the time scope here).

• Josh Healy

This would confirm my theory about MMG and their World Racing mod...
I belive that they were hired by Simbin to work on this next addon with them. World Racing was going to have focus on production cars and Simbin has mentioned before that more production cars were to expect from them in future addons. Adding a career mode to this I think was also a part of MMG's goal with their mod...I'll be so proud if I'm right :p ;)

Wrong....

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 62 88.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 21 30.0%