New Add-on: Codename "Toad"

• Josh Healy

It is possible....
I have done some Drag racing in rFactor.... I'm not sure how the guys did it but it worked.

• Deiselfuel2o2

this sounds ridiculous but Formula D (drift) would be amazing.

I always try to drift at Brno but these cars arnt exactly made to drift, they are grip ready :( and no matter what the setup i find it difficult to understand the physics sometimes.

hehe AE86 would be sweet

That or touge...it's kinda like hillclimb except its down/up with completely different cars and usually on moutain roads. One race up, one race down, and then if its a tie its race down again.

That would be quite the experience...not really a league, but it would be fun at 2am when all the other servers are down.

But in all seriousness...what do you guys think of Formula D?

• Deiselfuel2o2

Spread the word! haha look it up on youtube its pretty amazing stuff. There are some events where they actually race, but they must keep a certain angle on certain turns or it does not count. Its pretty cool stuff haha.

That or Gymkhana better than Formula D

Official statement by SimBin about Toad

Official Statement by SimBin about project Toad:

Since we unveiled the codename for our latest project there have been a lot of guessing going on and we’d like to help you all along by supplying a few very basic facts. As most of you well know we usually don’t do this, but we are happy with the current positive tone in the community in general so we’ll try something new and open up the big bag of secrets ahead of time and hope it does not backfire on us. More solid info will become available soon enough, but for now we can say that the title will be an add-on to the RACE07/GTR Evo base, like you have already experienced with the well received STCC title. Like the STCC it will improve and enhance the base game as well as iron out the odd bug still left in the system. And like STCC it will add new cars, new tracks and hopefully a new level of fun and competitive racing. Not a lot of info I know, but hopefully better than nothing.,

I hope they're working on the next generation sim in parallel. I would like them to improve the base engine rather than just add new content. Don't get me wrong, I very happy with the new content they keep releasing, but I think with modern computers, they should be able to make a mind-blasting game now! Mind you, my own PC is pretty old but that would give me a good excuse for replacing it!

That will most certainly on the cards Luc. They have developed their own engine called "Lizard" which is being used in the upcomming Race Pro release on xbox360. This will give them a closed system to iron out the creases on and also provide a huge cash injection which should speed up Lizard making its debut on the PC.

In the meantime, we are all guilty to some extent of being content hungry, so ~I back them in getting as much content as possible out on the existing base (Evo,STCC,TOAD) to give everyone plenty of interesting things to race over the 2009 summer league seasons as well as making best possible commercial use of a system nearing the end of its life.

I think after TOAD we should expect a large shift of resources to the new system. (I hope)

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 62 34.1%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 53 29.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 34 18.7%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 4 2.2%