Natural Mod PP Filter

Misc Natural Mod PP Filter 26.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I want to use your LUA settings. Where do i put them? Do these go in the SOL custom configs folder or is this to over write the sol one?
## For filter INI files you want to place them under

\assettocorsa\system\cfg\ppfilters\

## For the LUA files that may come with a filter package you want to place them in

\assettocorsa\system\cfg\ppfilters\sol_custom_configs

Hi Chris, you were right, on official tracks looks just right with everything by default. On non official tracks I have to change the ta_ setting.

Also, on the Nordschelife official track as it's winter now, looks too bright, but if I change with the Sol Weather app the month to be on May for example, it looks ok.

Thanks

Chris Kennedy updated Natural Graphics Mod & Filter with a new update entry:

Improvements for Sol users, new filter for default WeatherFX users

• Sol users (Sol 2.0.1 Recommended):
    • Edited .lua format to allow easy user adjustment of day/duskdawn/night exposure and gamma
    • Added sky level boost at dusk/dawn
    • Switched to use Sol godrays logic. (Note still recommended to keep them disabled in AC gfx settings for VR)
  • Added new filter: Natural_Mod_Base for users of default WeatherFX implementation (less resource intensive than Sol). Tuned for daytime driving, night time is a bit brighter than I would like...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Chris, you were right, on official tracks looks just right with everything by default. On non official tracks I have to change the ta_ setting.

Also, on the Nordschelife official track as it's winter now, looks too bright, but if I change with the Sol Weather app the month to be on May for example, it looks ok.

Thanks
Which version of sol are you using by the way? I removed my support for older versions recently which means the sky can look very bright if not using a recent version of sol

Which method of installing are you using?

You just have to get the files under natural mod filters folder into your ac folder as per:

## For filter INI files you want to place them under

\assettocorsa\system\cfg\ppfilters\

## For the LUA files that may come with a filter package you want to place them in

\assettocorsa\system\cfg\ppfilters\sol_custom_configs

For anyone using the Sol 2.1 alphas, recommend to change the natural_mod.lua file (or rift one if using):
either change:
ppfilter__modify_godrays = false
or
sun__dazzle_mix = 0.15

If I'm on CSP 1.60 (recommended) and SOL 1.62, which version under 'updates' should I be using?
latest version of my filter works fine with those, but you might find the sky a bit bland, in which case you can change the sky blue preset with the sol config app.

after installing and following all instructions correctly the mod is not showing up in filters. any help is greatly appreciated.
same is happening with me, dragged the downloaded folder into content manager, reset sol config settings.
the mod is not showing up the filter list

same is happening with me, dragged the downloaded folder into content manager, reset sol config settings.
the mod is not showing up the filter list
There are several "mods" in the zip file, did you install the natural mod filters one? Worst case you can just manually copy the required files, the folder structure can be easily understood by browsing the zip file

There are several "mods" in the zip file, did you install the natural mod filters one? Worst case you can just manually copy the required files, the folder structure can be easily understood by browsing the zip file
Actually I looked for all the files in file explorer, individually deleted them, and reinstalled using content manager. It's fine now, game has never looked better before!!

Chris Kennedy updated Natural Mod Filter with a new update entry:

A little closer to ACC

Removed separate Natural_Mod_Rift filter, please remove that and use Natural_Mod from now on.

Sol users:
Sol minimum version: 2.1 alpha 12
(from https://discord.gg/KeHxbSX)
  • Filmic contrast enabled, set to get a bit closer to ACC tone
  • Exposure and gamma are now static (no need to boost at sunrise/set in new versions of Sol)
  • Night tweaks
  • Adjust smog level

Non-Sol users (may as well ignore this update):

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi there,

I'm having an issue where the track's lighting is "inverted", meaning that during the day the track is very dark while at night the track seems to be bright but with no visible light sources (no track lights on). Is there something I can change in my configs to fix this issue? I'm running CSP 0.1.68 and Sol 2.0.2. Thanks!

Note that Natural_mod_base doesn't seem to have this issue, just the regular Natural_mod PP filter

Last edited:
Hi there,

I'm having an issue where the track's lighting is "inverted", meaning that during the day the track is very dark while at night the track seems to be bright but with no visible light sources (no track lights on). Is there something I can change in my configs to fix this issue? I'm running CSP 0.1.68 and Sol 2.0.2. Thanks!

7fpXRVp.png

Hey chris.
im having a problem where my sky texture is completely black when i use this filter, im running sol 2.02 and csp 1.72, only thing that works is downgrading to an older natural mod update but this new one looks much better. i installed with 7zip

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea