Natural Mod PP Filter

Misc Natural Mod PP Filter 26.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Chris

I'm sure this is just my own error, but I wanted to ask - when I use Natural Mod in VR, I get a sort of milky sheen across the whole colour spectrum (almost like someone has turned the brightness up). Other PP filters in VR like pure give me inky blacks. Is there a setting I may be accidentally turning on which gives your filter this effect incorrctly? I'm using HP Reverb G2.

On normal play on my monitor, Natural Mod is a bit lighter than the other PP filters but it actually looks far more realistic on the monitor - so it's perfect there and the other PP filters look unrealistic.

Thanks again for your hard work.
Tried resetting pure config whilst in vr?

Hi Chris. I'm having the sim crash back to Content Manager on launch. I'm trying to use
Natural Mod 25 with CSP 0.2.3Pre1 and Pure 0.238. Tried reinstalling everything. Seems to launch fine with any other PP filter selected. Can I send you a crash report? (I'm not sure which one to send..) Thanks for the great work, I've been using your filter for years!

Hi Chris. I'm having the sim crash back to Content Manager on launch. I'm trying to use
Natural Mod 25 with CSP 0.2.3Pre1 and Pure 0.238. Tried reinstalling everything. Seems to launch fine with any other PP filter selected. Can I send you a crash report? (I'm not sure which one to send..) Thanks for the great work, I've been using your filter for years!
can try, doesn't make much sense though.
try reset pure to defaults and press save. then try switch filter

logs are in documents/assetto corsa/logs

can try, doesn't make much sense though.
try reset pure to defaults and press save. then try switch filter

logs are in documents/assetto corsa/logs
Ok I gave that a go, same results. To confirm, to reinstall Natural_Mod I just delete the Natural_Mod Filters folder from the 'mods' folder and then drag the zip into CM? The log is attached.

Attachments

• log.txt
    8 KB · Views: 23
Ok I gave that a go, same results. To confirm, to reinstall Natural_Mod I just delete the Natural_Mod Filters folder from the 'mods' folder and then drag the zip into CM? The log is attached.
I eventually found the cfg/ppfilters folder, which I had forgotten about... I emptied that and reinstalled and all is working well again. Thanks again for all of your work!

Chris Kennedy updated Natural Mod PP Filter with a new update entry:

Improved exposure, visibility and lots of fine tuning, ready for Pure 0.250

Significant changes to exposure and ambient light, should give better visibility in general and bright tracks like LAC and High Force should look better.
Fine tuning of VAO, spectrum adaption, displays, glare, clouds

If you would like to buy me a beer: https://www.paypal.me/ears1991

Didn't get a chance to do screenshots, limited time for AC recently, spent mostly on tweaking, not much time to drive, let alone screenshot, but should be a nice step forward.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Chris, do you advise using this update with CSP 2.3P211 or 2.3P1 ? (Not talking about LCS). There's quite a significant difference in "cockpit" brightness and overal reflections between the two. I guess I could make up my own mind, but just wondered which version you based your latest update on. Kind regards, Gijs

Hi Chris, do you advise using this update with CSP 2.3P211 or 2.3P1 ? (Not talking about LCS). There's quite a significant difference in "cockpit" brightness and overal reflections between the two. I guess I could make up my own mind, but just wondered which version you based your latest update on. Kind regards, Gijs
Hmm I didn't notice much difference, but I've not been playing much recently.

Guess you can adjust brightness in the pp tab of pure config as a workaround

I'll stick to old one then. Just for reference, these are two examples of the difference between the CSP-versions (nothing else was changed).

The difference is bigger when cars have an open roof (or panoramic roof).

Unfortunately the brightness adjustment in PP tab affects everything, but switching the CSP versions only seems to affect the interior. Anyway, maybe I should focus more on driving the cars ;)

Attachments

• Preview1.jpg
    Preview1.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Preview211.jpg
    Preview211.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 25
  • PorscheP1.jpg
    PorscheP1.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 26
  • PorscheP211.jpg
    PorscheP211.jpg