Natural Mod PP Filter

Misc Natural Mod PP Filter 26.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Please excuse my ignorance but i'm still learning how some of this stuff works. If I enable the Wagnum Clouds and Natural Weather mods, do I have to choose them in the weather settings because I see no listing for them? Or do these simply replace the stock weather and cloud settings\files and I just choose one of the stock weather options to see the new clouds and weather?

Please excuse my ignorance but i'm still learning how some of this stuff works. If I enable the Wagnum Clouds and Natural Weather mods, do I have to choose them in the weather settings because I see no listing for them? Or do these simply replace the stock weather and cloud settings\files and I just choose one of the stock weather options to see the new clouds and weather?
Hi, they replace the stock ones, have a go and you should hopefully see the difference.

Thank you. Heading in right now to see. Already tried the Natural_Sol filter and it is a really nice filter. Looking forward to seeing the new cloud sets.
Confused. I think you should not install the new clouds when you use SOL?! I think this breaks the SOL routines, doesn´t it? I only installed the Natural_SOL filter and use it as a standalone one running SOL and CSP too.

@Chris Kennedy can you please advise? And also, which settings should be done in the SOL config app?

Is it also possible to install Manually?
Yes absolutely. all JSGME/content manager do is manually backup the files before putting in the custom versions. you can manually backup your weather files and cloud textures, then just unzip the mod ones and overwrite the stock ones.
Confused. I think you should not install the new clouds when you use SOL?! I think this breaks the SOL routines, doesn´t it? I only installed the Natural_SOL filter and use it as a standalone one running SOL and CSP too.

@Chris Kennedy can you please advise? And also, which settings should be done in the SOL config app?
You are correct that I do not advise installing the clouds in this mod if you use CSP and Sol. I've idea what happens if you do so. Perhaps racinjoe is not using csp/sol, but prefers the natural_mod_sol filter as it is a little brighter than natural_mod.

I've not touched the sol config app on my setup, i've just set lightingfx brightness to 100% as advised in Sol instructions, haven't tweaked anything else yet.

I would be grateful if you help me.
I can't see any weather options like "4_mid_clear" or "5_light_clouds" etc. on CM's drive menu, did I do something (simply copied "Natural Weather" folder to related folder) wrong?
As you can guess i'm not good at installing mods and i don't want to spoil my settings.
TIA...

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    430.8 KB · Views: 76
I would be grateful if you help me.
I can't see any weather options like "4_mid_clear" or "5_light_clouds" etc. on CM's drive menu, did I do something (simply copied "Natural Weather" folder to related folder) wrong?
As you can guess i'm not good at installing mods and i don't want to spoil my settings.
TIA...
Hi, natural weather is just to replace the original kunos weather files, so they will probably just be used if you select one of the 7 "original"weathers. My suggestion is not to bother with "natural weather" if you already have sol/shaders patch

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the reply.
* I have SOL 1.3.1 and CSP preview 185 on my PC.
* I have lite version of Content Manager
* I usually use these settings on CM for races ;
Weather : Few Clouds (Sol)
Time : Sunrise (Between 06:00 - 08:00)
Post-Processing : _Sol
Saturation : 100%

Boosting some FPS would be great for my old rig (GTX 670). Is this "Natural Mod" saves some FPS against only for Kunos Weather ?

It should save fps vs the kunos default filters irrespective of which weather you use. the sol filters may already be tuned in the same way, i havent compared.

I have completed couple of test ( at least i can do that :D)
As you can see from results that i've shared below, "Natural Graphics Mod 3.8.1" weather is best for save some fps with PPF _Sol (at least for my GTX 670).
Infact these weather mods could be ok with PPF Natural Weather Sol, as much as i can realise when i choose PPF Natural Weather Sol ambient got little bit darker. Because of this darker ambient (i set race time am 06:17) i can easliy see headlights so its mean need to much calculation for GPU (idk maybe I'm talking nonsense).
I hope i made myself clear...

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    46.5 KB · Views: 91
I have the same problem with your filter more or less randomly.
Usually to get rid of it, i change the track and weather or play with the godrays settings in page 1 of the Sol Config app.
It's very strong and blind you almost completely when you look the sun.

Very similar to another past bug with your filter when the entire screen was bather with a overdone effect.

@Mumaransa
Very odd, I've never seen this, admittedly I haven't been using godrays since the dawn of CSP/Sol, due to a bug in VR meaning they don't work properly. If you can provide details of the exact weather/time/track configuration, I can reproduce and maybe tweak the filter. I'm probably going to do one more update anyway to restore the brake lights, seems like its impossible to have nice red brake lights with saturation lower than 97%, so I've increased it and adjusted some other parameters to try and compensate.

edit: joao has provided a reply file so i'll run that and see how it looks

edit2: the reason is due to glare qualtiy setting i think. i have been using "high", with it set to "maximum" the effect is perhaps excessive, i will consider this for a future update

Last edited:
Is SOL 1.5 needed for this? Not sure which post process filters to get for AC (got som probelms, and have now reinstalled).

Suggestions thats not to harsh on my fps? Ryzen 5 1600 at 3.8Ghz + GTX 1070. 16Gb. Full HD.

Chris Kennedy updated Natural Graphics Mod with a new update entry:

Fixed brake lights, utilised some nice Sol features

• Fixed brake lights (they were pink/poor previously). AC engine requires high saturation % for them to work properly, I've adjusted contrast and gamma to compensate, the end result should look about the same.
  • Utilised some of Sol's neat .lua options.
  • Adjusted godrays parameters to not be excessive when glare is set to maximum in AC graphics settings. It's not possible to set values that work well on all setups, so if you have problems, disable them in graphics settings or...

Read the rest of this update entry...

After install wich filters are left over from old which need to be deleted, and do we just use Natural_mod now instead of Natural_mod_sol, also what one to use for VR, is the _rift one old and to be deleted or was this one updated today also?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.