NASCAR Heat 2 Camping World Truck Series 7.jpg

NASCAR Heat 2 will feature all 32 drivers from the supporting Camping World Truck Series, plus four new motorsport locations to accommodate the new championships.

Now featuring both the main series supporting championship, the Xfinity NASCAR Series alongside the distinctive NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, the second title to release from 704Games also features four new tracks to race these new vehicles on, including dirt, ovals and road course action.

For the new title players will of course have access to all the tracks that make up the Monster Energy NASCAR Series schedule, however we will now be able to get our hands on the (new for Heat 2) Gateway Motorsports Park, Iowa Speedway, Eldora Speedway, and Canadian Tire Motorsport locations. These locations will be added to the existing, updated tracks from the original game and two other new main series locations, bringing the track count of Heat 2 to a grand total of 29 unique locations.

Outside of the track updates, the new game will feature a full driver and team roster for the first time in a decade, and what is more the support series will feature the real world drivers and teams, removing the need for the often frustrating necessity to add fantasy content when licences have historically been too difficult to acquire in years gone by.

Before you check out the full list of drivers from the Truck Series, don't forget to remind yourself what you might be letting yourself in for with this gameplay trailer of the trucks, on dirt, at Eldora Speedway.

NASCAR Camping World Truck Series roster in NASCAR Heat 2:
  • Christopher Bell, No. 4 JBL.com
  • T.J. Bell, No. 45 Black Rifle Coffee
  • Spencer Boyd, No. 12 Grunt Style
  • Chase Briscoe, No. 29 Cooper Standard
  • Brandon Brown, No. 86 Coastal Carolina University
  • Ross Chastain, No. 66 Bolen Motorsports
  • Wendell Chavous, No. 49 Premium Motorsports
  • Austin Cindric, No. 19 Draw-Tite/Reese Brands
  • Jennifer Jo Cobb, No. 10 Driven 2 Honor
  • Cody Coughlin, No. 13 Ride TV/JEGS
  • Matt Crafton, No. 88 Ideal Door/Menards
  • Bryan Dauzat, No. 28 FDNY Racing
  • Grant Enfinger, No. 98 JIVE Communications
  • Korbin Forrister, No. 5 Advanced Medical Laboratories
  • Stewart Friesen, No. 52 Halmar International
  • Todd Gilliland, No. 46 Pedigree Dog Food
  • Noah Gragson, No. 18 Switch/Mobile Strike
  • Clay Greenfield, No. 68 Clay Greenfield Motorsports
  • Austin Hill, No. 20 Victory Wear
  • Travis Kvapil, No. 50 Beaver Motorsports
  • Tommy Joe Martins, No. 44 Diamond Gusset Jeans
  • Matt Mills, No. 42 Thompson Electric
  • Joe Nemechek, No. 87 Fleetwing
  • John Hunter Nemechek, No. 8 Fire Alarm Services
  • Todd Peck, No. 83 NanoProMT
  • Ben Rhodes, No. 27 Safelite Auto Glass
  • Austin Wayne Self, No. 32 AM Technical Solutions
  • Regan Smith, No. 92 Advance Auto/BTS Tire & Wheel/Carquest
  • Myatt Snider, No. 51 Louisiana Hot Sauce
  • Ryan Truex, No. 16 SeaWatch International
  • J.J. Yeley, No. 22 Legrand/Superior Essex/AM Technical Solutions
  • Tyler Young, No. 02 Young’s Building Systems/Randco

NASCAR Heat 2 will release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC September 12th 2017.

NASCAR Heat 2 Camping World Truck Series 1.jpg
NASCAR Heat 2 Camping World Truck Series 2.jpg
NASCAR Heat 2 Camping World Truck Series 3.jpg

Keep an eye out for a new NASCAR Heat 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment. We will be hosting mods for the game, online race events and of course bring you all the news and reviews of the new title on the build up to release this September.

NASCAR Heat 2 Camping World Truck Series 4.jpgNASCAR Heat 2 Camping World Truck Series 5.jpg NASCAR Heat 2 Camping World Truck Series 6.jpg NASCAR Heat 2 Camping World Truck Series 8.jpg NASCAR Heat 2 Camping World Truck Series 9.jpg NASCAR Heat 2 Camping World Truck Series 10.jpg

Happy to see Camping World Trucks coming to NASCAR Heat 2? Looking forward to the new game? Can Heat 2 finally match expectations of the long suffering NASCAR fan base? Let us know in the comments section below!

I'm surprised how many unsponsored trucks are in there, but that is accurate to the series. I do really appreciate them getting a full roster of actual series drivers this time, especially since it'll make a very nice bit of nostalgia years later. Following many of the drivers on Twitter, they all seem pretty excited to be in it, too; I'd expect feigned excitement from the Cup drivers and all that are used to it, but pretty much all of these people haven't been in something like this before.

"Can it finally match expectations of the long suffering NASCAR fan base" is absolutely the question now, though. I feel like I'll get my money's worth in being able to play through a few seasons in the offseason, but whether it holds up past that point of novelty remains to be seen. Even if not, I hope this bodes well for sims to do off-brand versions in the future if NASCAR doesn't branch out.

NASCAR Heat 2 Dev Diary 4.jpg

NASCAR Heat 2 developers 704Games have released their first dev diary from the new title, focusing on the development process behind the latest NASCAR game.

Building on the solid if somewhat disappointing foundations of last year's NASCAR Heat Evolution, the upcoming officially licenced NASCAR sequel already looks well on its way to firmly crossing out many of the main concerns from fans of the previous title.

Now due to feature the immensely popular Xfinity and Camping World Truck Series championships, new for 2017 stage point regulations and return of the often requested split screen multiplayer functionality, it appears as though 704Games and Monster Games are working overtime in an effort to ensure NASCAR fans have a product that suitably represents one of the biggest sports in North America.

Now based at NASCAR HQ in Charlotte, North Carolina, 704Games (formally Dusenberry Martin Racing) appear to finally be getting in touch with the requirements of a series fan base that is often demanding of the very finest attention to detail when involving NASCAR racing. Bringing back both the supporting series and the infamous split screen multiplayer is just a small step towards winning back a fan base repetedly pushed away by previous developers, and with the already known details from Heat 2 it does appear as if 704 are listening, and more importantly willing to take on board that all important fan feedback when making design decisions with the new title.

In a new found spirit of communication, the developers have recorded a short 'Development Diary' video that goes behind the scenes of the game, and shares with fans some more on track action from the still work in progress software.

You can see the video for yourselves below:

In other positive news, it appears as if the remarkably strange decision to omit caution flags in online races has been overturned for the new game, bringing an important element of the real world series back into the virtual environment and adding another layer of strategy and immersion to the new title.

With this, split screen, support series and a dirt oval for the trucks to race on, plus six new circuits over the original 34 locations from Heat Evolution, the new title is shaping up quite nicely indeed.

NASCAR Heat 2 will release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC September 12th 2017.

NASCAR Heat 2 Dev Diary 2.jpg
NASCAR Heat 2 Dev Diary 3.jpg
NASCAR Heat 2 Dev Diary.jpg

Keep an eye out for a new NASCAR Heat 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment. We will be hosting mods for the game, online race events and of course bring you all the news and reviews of the new title on the build up to release this September.

Looking forward to Heat 2? What do the devs need to do in order to improve over the first game, in your opinion? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Now due to feature the immensely popular Xfinity and Camping World Truck Series championships
:O_o::roflmao:

There are, like, three fans at the "truck" races, which never really were a big hit anyway. I remember when they were introduced. :laugh: So...a NASCAR car with the shell taken off and a truck shell that replaces it?!?! C'mon NASCAR...we aren't that stupid. This recent decision to include trucks smacks of pressure from NASCAR "market them" harder, as they always push for. In fact, that's what destroyed the series...too much watering down. So, where did all those resources go that spent all those hours putting the same cars on the grid, only looking like trucks? Did it not go into improving the physics? Did it not go into a decent damage model? Did it not go into better graphics? Thanks again, NASCAR. I'll go with Project Cars 2.

They really have to improve this. Heat 1's XOne version is quite horrible, bad graphics, bad fps and very limited wheel support(in example no Fanatec) and you can't praise pad steering feel either. So there's lot to do before this would be decent.

I love how they show Kurt Busch doing a burnout and then confirmed on Twitter they won't have burnout celebrations in this one. Like... why go out of your way to show it, then?

:O_o::roflmao:This recent decision to include trucks smacks of pressure from NASCAR "market them" harder, as they always push for. In fact, that's what destroyed the series...too much watering down. So, where did all those resources go that spent all those hours putting the same cars on the grid, only looking like trucks? Did it not go into improving the physics? Did it not go into a decent damage model? Did it not go into better graphics?

The Xfinity Series and Truck Series actually were really vocally demanded on the game's subreddit and other forums after Heat Evolution's release; many series fans do seriously want that. Considering Heat Evolution played almost exactly like a watered-down Dirt to Daytona, I don't imagine it was too tough to similarly mimic physics settings for the trucks from that game and adjust them as needed.

This was their best route to add more content, events, cars and courses instead of the same game but a year later. I think they might be over-stretching it and I worry about the actual gameplay being thin, yeah, but this wasn't NASCAR forcing it down their throats. Hell, NASCAR didn't even tell them about stage racing; the dev team learned when everyone else did. They seem really, really hands-off on 704 Games, just sort of handing them the license and hoping they don't screw it up, but also not caring as long as it sells (if the several years of one rebadged Eutechnyx game are any indication).

They've had to go and sign licensing agreements with each and every team; there's no one overall blanket charter / player's association for the national series. Their legal team has to get approval from every single likeness and sponsor. So I don't think they'd be bothering if they didn't actually want to do this or there wasn't demand; remember, they've got a full real roster with plenty of backmarkers and one-off teams, where most other titles in the past just slapped in fictionals and called it a day.

But yeah, at the end of all of that, the game's gotta actually function, so, sadly, that's the part up in the air right now.

The Xfinity Series and Truck Series actually were really vocally demanded on the game's subreddit and other forums after Heat Evolution's release; many series fans do seriously want that.

Don't doubt that at all.

This was their best route to add more content, events, cars and courses instead of the same game but a year later.

It's not a binary choice. They don't *have* to do one if they don't do the other. In fact, there are thousands of choices game makers make, for various reasons. What we know is that they i) listened to the fans; and ii) diverted lots of money and resources to make more flashy cars and "trucks". Have you seen a NASCAR race recently (I'm sure you have)? They are struggling to beat IndyCar these days and they tell their T.V. partners to not pan the audience (because there's nobody there). NASCAR is not a healthy sport...but instead a sport that is in free-fall. I'm not saying listening to the buyers is bad, but NASCAR fans aren't exactly a dime a dozen these days. I've played in a NASCAR league here and done 1/2 of the career...and I didn't ask for more cars. Many of us didn't. Many of us would have picked at least a damage model online. Why would any SIM fan want more video proof of a game that sucks graphically? It's like "fixing" a car that doesn't run by giving it a car wash.

So I don't think they'd be bothering if they didn't actually want to do this or there wasn't demand

Of course they have a contract and a license and the only entity that can declare breach and go elsewhere is named NASCAR. And I know how they operate. I've dealt with them in the boardroom, and there isn't a better brand of thugs outside of the FIA. It worked for a while. But call me skeptical that they have suddenly changed after a grandkid or two and fans that are leaving in droves. Are they hands off? I don't know, but it would be 100% out of character for them to be that way, so you will kindly have to prove it.

I don't doubt there is demand, just like there was "demand" for a NASCAR game. And I am a fan of the game, especially the physics and the A.I. So, they have a good base, but unlike Codemasters, they are not building on the strength of that base, but going off on a Forza-like tangent. If they don't improve the online experience and make the physics and graphics better, they are done.

But I'm still rooting for NASCAR to come to its senses because I'm from the south and I love ovals. lol. Oh, and this is going to be the best movie in 10 years:

Last edited:
Have you seen a NASCAR race recently (I'm sure you have)? They are struggling to beat IndyCar these days and they tell their T.V. partners to not pan the audience (because there's nobody there).

I've been watching all season, yeah, for better and for worse. The suspicious camera angles are pretty painful; it felt both vindicating and horridly disappointing to see New Hampshire completely barren. My family used to go there every Cup race weekend, but it just got way too expensive and uncomfortable and my parents struggled to keep interest. We basically tuned out for most of the Sprint Cup era until 2016, which was a phenomenal season that got me back into it.

IndyCar's struggling for fanbase, too, though, phenomenal as their racing is. It's a problem with motorsports overall, though you know that. NASCAR's just very good at trying to brand itself a thousand different ways to alienate everyone simultaneously.

I've played in a NASCAR league here and done 1/2 of the career...and I didn't ask for more cars. Many of us didn't. Many of us would have picked at least a damage model online. Why would any SIM fan want more video proof of a game that sucks graphically? It's like "fixing" a car that doesn't run by giving it a car wash.

I don't think sim fans are really the main target audience here, much as they weirdly touted being 'the most realistic' with Heat Evolution (which was nowhere near correct). Most of the audience is just people who figure "oh, hey, cool, there's a NASCAR game, I should try it"; the sim half of the fandom has plenty of other games with mods or off-brand versions, so that's a very comparatively difficult and niche market to corner.

It does very much needle at me that the game's subreddit and all is flooded with requests for new features instead of any focus on what's in there already and could use tweaking, or even just giving a thumbs-up to what works.

And I know how they operate. I've dealt with them in the boardroom, and there isn't a better brand of thugs outside of the FIA. It worked for a while. But call me skeptical that they have suddenly changed after a grandkid or two and fans that are leaving in droves. Are they hands off? I don't know, but it would be 100% out of character for them to be that way, so you will kindly have to prove it.

If you have boardroom experience with them, you know better than I. My side is pure speculation from playing way too many NASCAR games and having a mild interest in reading the legal info with each title I play to see where all the licenses go. My assumption of a 'hands off' approach comes mostly from Eutechnyx just being allowed to release the same game four/five times (technically, 704 was responsible for the last time) as long as the teams and sponsors got to put 'a video game appearance' in their contracts, even as the titles got worse and worse reviews which reflected terribly on the sport.

I don't doubt there is demand, just like there was "demand" for a NASCAR game. And I am a fan of the game, especially the physics and the A.I. So, they have a good base, but unlike Codemasters, they are not building on the strength of that base, but going off on a Forza-like tangent. If they don't improve the online experience and make the physics and graphics better, they are done.

That's a very good point; it definitely could just use more tweaking. I was going to bring up the issue of this having to be a yearly franchise as one of the reasons they'd keep scrambling to change everything, but using Codemasters' F1 series as a reference point, CM's very good at making slight changes to each title that still keep them extremely distinct. I'm not even much a fan of Formula One and I still routinely boot up F1 2013; it's a blast. If the NASCAR games similarly followed suit as a solid racing game first and foremost, with the brand name thus just associated with a good game and intriguing players from there, that'd be the ideal; diving into NASCAR-fan fanservice is a questionable move in that light but allows them to advertise a reason to dive in, and a seemingly diverse game experience to show off to people that'd be put off by just ovals or just Cup cars or whatnot.

Whether that holds up past the two-hour Steam refund window is the biggest question. That neat little feature did quite some damage to Evolution in the early stages, as it should've.

I've had no issues with graphics besides the horrid anti-aliasing on the catch fences. The stylized brightly-colored look is really neat, in my book, but I'm biased towards a certain stock-car racing series from Sega anyhow. It's something I keep hearing people harp on, but it's actually got a distinct visual style to it that's easy on the eyes, which is better to me than being the nine-jillionth game to try to look photorealistic and then age horribly as tech gets better.

Oh, and [Logan Lucky] is going to be the best movie in 10 years:

As a fan of heist flicks and oval racing, I can only hope so. The trailers haven't entirely impressed yet but I've got my fingers crossed.

Sorry if this is overly long, I basically held off for a while wondering how I was gonna argue with you and then kinda realized I didn't disagree nearly as much as I thought on the first pass-through.

NASCAR Heat 2 Iowa Speedway.jpg

Iowa Speedway will be making a first ever appearance on console later this year, and to mark the occasion 704Games have released a new trailer - because everyone loves trailers, right?

The latest in a long line of NASCAR sanctioned racing games, Heat 2 will be a second stab of at the series by the current developers and already looks likely to provide a substantial improvement over its older brother.

Now thanks to both the NASCAR Xfinity Series and Camping World Truck Series inclusion alongside the main Monster Energy NASCAR championship (don't you just hate the sponsor naming overkill in American racing?), players on console will be able to sample the 7/8-mile (1.4 km) paved oval raceway for the very first time.

Welcoming Iowa to the game, 704 have released the below brief trailer that gives us our first in game view of this nice little inclusion to the new title:
Iowa Speedway has the distinction of being one of only three tracks on the NASCAR circuit to have a SAFER barrier installed around the entire circumference of the outer wall (alongside Martinsville and Atlanta Motor Speedway), despite its relatively short history in American motorsport.

First opened to the public in 2006, the 0.875 mile asphalt oval has played host to many high profile American racing championships in recent years, and is a current regular on both the Xfinity and Camping World Trucks schedules.

NASCAR Heat 2 Iowa Speedway 2.jpg
NASCAR Heat 2 Iowa Speedway 3.jpg

Want to know more about NASCAR Heat 2? Need to kill some time whilst we await a release? Fear not, you can always hang out in the NASCAR Heat 2 sub forum and get involved with the community, we even plan on having a mods and online racing section post release too!

Pleased to see Iowa Speedway coming to the game? Looking forward to Heat 2? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 62 88.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 21 30.0%