NASCAR Heat 2 - Trucks.jpg

Some further images from the upcoming NASCAR Heat 2 game have surfaced on the internet in recent days, previewing yet more of the new content coming to the title.

Scheduled to be the second iteration of the franchise since control was returned to NASCAR game legend Monster Games, Heat 2 looks all set to pick up where the previous title left off in 2016.

Now including support vehicles in the form of the Camping World Truck Series and NASCAR Xfinity Series, as well as the main Monster Energy NASCAR championship, NASCAR Heat 2 seems to be intent on learning from the mistakes of the first release, as they look to finally produce a NASCAR game worthy of the substantial fan base in North America and throughout the world.

With a scheduled deployment to both console and PC platforms expected in September this year, Monster Games and 704Games have been keeping their cards relatively close to the chest in terms of physics improvements and feature additions, however from the little we do know about the game it seems fair to say that many of the elements missing from last year's release have been addressed, including the return of highly sought after fan favourites like split screen multiplayer, and the inclusion of the NASCAR official support series.

With the developers slowly building momentum as launch day draws nearer and nearer, the studio have been fairly active on social media of late, teasing fans with content images from the new title, of which we have seen a couple tracks and both Trucks and Xfinity Series cars out on circuit recently, all of which you will find included in this article.

So with only 57 days to go until release, sit back and remind yourself of what is to come by checking out the trailer and attached images of the new title in action....

NASCAR Heat 2 Gameplay Trailer:

NASCAR Heat 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC this September 12th.

NASCAR Heat 2 - Xfinity Series.jpg
NASCAR Heat 2 Monster Energy Series.jpg
NASCAR Heat 2 Track.jpg

Want to know more about the new game? Fancy a place to discuss the pros and cons of recent NASCAR racing games, or simply somewhere to go to share news and build anticipation until Heat 2 comes out? Fear not good people, our NASCAR Heat 2 sub forum could well be the place for you! Head on over and give us a post y'all !

Will NASCAR Heat 2 represent an improvement over the previous release in your opinion? Can Monster and 704Games make a worthy NASCAR title at long last? Will you be buying the game on release? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
As long as they create a solid way to progress in the new career mode I can see this being a very successful game. The previous versions have been lacking exactly that. The inclusion of all main series gives them that in that they should have taken since the 2014 game

In other recent shots, eagle-eyed viewers noticed Morgan Shepherd in the field. That alone definitely makes me feel like, regardless of what I end up thinking of the title, I'll probably end up buying it just to see who ends up on the roster, because they've revealed some interesting ones so far.

In other recent shots, eagle-eyed viewers noticed Morgan Shepherd in the field. That alone definitely makes me feel like, regardless of what I end up thinking of the title, I'll probably end up buying it just to see who ends up on the roster, because they've revealed some interesting ones so far.

Ye, it would be amazing to get a NASCAR game with a proper roster and no more fantasy drivers, or "drivers that currently don't race in the the Cup, but might do so in the future so we put them in a cup car regardless, just to fill up the field"-drivers.

I'm not sure if this is true or not but I was reading something about 704 trying to get into Esports with NH2 I hope that's true I would definitely jump on that

It could be a good SIM if they polished the details instead of worrying about content. Damage model online, tire model, button mapping. Small things like that. lol.

NASCAR Heat 2.jpg

704Games have revealed a new trailer from the upcoming NASCAR Heat 2 game, showing the Camping World Truck Series at the loose surface Eldora Speedway oval.

Proving that iRacing don't have the monopoly on the loose stuff in 2017, NASCAR Heat 2 will feature dirt oval racing courtesy of the new inclusion of Camping World Truck Series, a predominantly tarmac oval racing series that makes the occasional visit to the "World's Greatest Dirt Track" - Eldora Speedway.

Adding to the game a level of depth and progression often called for by fans left disappointed with 2016's release, Heat 2 should offer up a more diverse gaming experience once it hits our digital shelves in September.

To help introduce this new element of racing in the franchise, 704Games have releases the below trailer and given us our first look at dirt oval racing in action within the new game -

NASCAR HEAT 2 is expected to release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC September 2017.

Check out the NASCAR HEAT sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the news and discussions around this exciting new NASCAR game.

Looking forward to the new NASCAR game? Can Heat 2 be simulate dirt oval racing effectively in your opinion? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Supposedly, they've also released the full Truck Series roster of drivers and teams on their website, but their website hasn't actually worked all day. Anyhow, I'm surprisingly enticed by this considering how eh Heat Evolution was, though Eldora's a phenomenal event in itself so it's smart marketing, and a lot of Dirt to Daytona's physics quirks showed up in Heat Evo, so if they're porting over the dirt physics mostly over from that, it oughta be decent at minimum.

I'm hoping they knock it out of the park enough that people who weren't much into NASCAR start getting intrigued by it. My family was into it when I was a kid, but it was playing NASCAR '98 that really hooked me. It seems like they're marketing squarely at existing NASCAR fans thus far, but if they start hooking in people that aren't in that market, too, it could be quite good for the game and the sport.

Why is everyone doing this on the console? SMS now NASCAR. Smh. Resources are scarce people...do your job, and don't throw features at us. The game could be great if they would only polish it.

Why is everyone doing this on the console? SMS now NASCAR. Smh. Resources are scarce people...do your job, and don't throw features at us. The game could be great if they would only polish it.
In this case, the lack of Xfinity and Truck was something that NASCAR fans complained about a ton with Heat Evolution, and that's pretty much the only market they've advertised to. Considering the core gameplay still needs a lot of work, it is still an iffy proposition, but at least it is a major part of the calendar it's based on and not totally out of left field.

In this case, the lack of Xfinity and Truck was something that NASCAR fans complained about a ton with Heat Evolution, and that's pretty much the only market they've advertised to. Considering the core gameplay still needs a lot of work, it is still an iffy proposition, but at least it is a major part of the calendar it's based on and not totally out of left field.

Well that's true. Dirt ovals are as American as any form of racing. Helped spawn IndyCar, matter of fact, and to this day are loved here.

In fact, my home track, RIR, was all dirt back before NASCAR got big. It was called "the fairgrounds raceway" and I remember my neighbor coming home looking like he'd been rolling around with the pigs.

In the case of NH2, 704 had to make the decision between content and career and polish. Which one is the most feasible and which would convince enough people to buy it? So they took the route of doing some polish, doing some career, and buckling down big and tripling the content - five new tracks, roughly 80 new drivers, two new cars, and multiple paint schemes for some drivers at launch. I believe there's also a paint booth, not Forza level but something closer to the EA and NH2002 and DtD paintbooth.

I guess full disclosure, I worked on NHE and some of N15's DLC as a contractor for the paint schemes. If there's one thing that I really want people to understand, it's that this team isn't just out to make a buck. They hired personnel from within the sport - something Eutechnyx definitely did not do - and are very passionate if limited in resources.

Ok I'm sure its no Nascar Racing 2003, which although pretty old is the Gold Standard. But I must admit with all the content thats here and Dirt as well, this might be a blast on the PS4. I just wish they had a cheap little steering wheel like they had for the XBox 360 for the PS4. I'm interested in this one.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.