I am a bit worried about the Rivals system there, since the EA games were far too wildly touchy on that front to be fun for me (it was about the point that Carl Edwards was lightly tapped and went into a screaming frothing rage and dropped everything to destroy me that I gave up on 2005: Chase for the Cup), but this definitely bodes well career-wise. The actual core gameplay's gotta hold up still, but it's getting clear that a lot of love was put into this one, at minimum, and if all this does hold up, it could be quite a lot of replay value with each season changing subtly.

The black-and-white video menus look badass, too.

I am a bit worried about the Rivals system there, since the EA games were far too wildly touchy on that front to be fun for me (it was about the point that Carl Edwards was lightly tapped and went into a screaming frothing rage and dropped everything to destroy me that I gave up on 2005: Chase for the Cup)

Never had much of an issue with that, however, what frustrated me was that I could be best mate with Jimmie Johnson in Nationwide(or National or whatever it was called in that game), while Jimmie Johnson was my biggest rival in Nextel...

I'll be buying it just for the chance to run some trucks around Road America, Mid Ohio, Watkins Glen, Sonoma, and CTMP. I place this game largely in the same category as the F1 series (has the season, cars, and tracks of the series). It's not sim, it's not super hardcore, but if last year is any indication, it will be fun. I just hope the plate AI has been improved.

I'll be buying it just for the chance to run some trucks around Road America, Mid Ohio, Watkins Glen, Sonoma, and CTMP. I place this game largely in the same category as the F1 series (has the season, cars, and tracks of the series). It's not sim, it's not super hardcore, but if last year is any indication, it will be fun. I just hope the plate AI has been improved.

Wait.. wait... Mosport will finally be in another sim?
About damn time. Hopefully this gets some good sportscar racing mods at some point to go along with that brilliant piece of tarmac. AFAIK Mosport has only been in two racing games; GPL and SCGT. And the newest of those was released in '99. It's been far too long.

Wait.. wait... Mosport will finally be in another sim?
About damn time. Hopefully this gets some good sportscar racing mods at some point to go along with that brilliant piece of tarmac. AFAIK Mosport has only been in two racing games; GPL and SCGT. And the newest of those was released in '99. It's been far too long.

Yep this is the first time I've seen it in a game in ages.

Mosport is available in iRacing, and as a mod in Automobilista, Race 07, rFactor, etc.

Ah, right! Forgot it was in iRacing.

I'm aware of the mods, but I just wish the place got more love from developers. It's such a wonderful circuit, it'd be nice for it to get more exposure. Attendance figures aren't the greatest, because most people in the Toronto area don't even know about it these days.

I'm being hopeful here because of all the content included, but everything I've seen of this game so far is very janky-looking stuff. Do we know what game engine is being used?

NASCAR Heat 2 Developer Diary 3.jpg

Check out the latest NASCAR Heat 2 Developer Diary release, focusing attention to the new cars and tracks coming with the title this September 12th.

Scheduled to release in just three short days, NASCAR Heat 2 is seen by many as a critical release for Monster and 704Games as they look to make up ground on their racing game rivals, and win back some enthusiasm from a fan base broadly unimpressed with the first offering last year.

Bringing to Heat 2 both support series in the form of the NASCAR Xfinity and Camping World Truck Series has gone a long way towards winning over the goodwill of fans, as has the inclusion of a $50 NASCAR race ticket on box copies of the game, however the real proof of the pudding is in the eating, with only a few days remaining until the general public are able to get their hands on the title for themselves.

As build up continues, 704Games have released a new developer diary video, focusing on the different series and tracks of the new title, as well as announcing some interesting DLC details prior to the game entering the public domain.

Developer Diary - Cars and Tracks:

To learn more about the upcoming Xfinity Series cars in Heat 2, and to check out the latest trailer, catch an eye full of our preview article HERE.

DLC Details - September:

NASCAR Heat 2 Hot Pass.
Releasing as an 'all-in-one' DLC season pass offering designed to allow players access to all Heat 2 DLC's during 2017, the NASCAR Heat 2 Hot Pass will retail for around $29.99 (almost 50% less than the individual retail price) and contains the following content -

• Paint Schemes: NASCAR Heat 2 will have more paint schemes than any other NASCAR console game! We’ll be releasing paint schemes for drivers across all three NASCAR national series. Best of all, you’ll be able to show off your paint schemes in online multiplayer!
  • Spotter Audio: NASCAR Heat 2 will ship with Brett Griffin as the Spotter, but you can choose to download different spotter voices to spice up your races.
  • Challenges: In addition to the 29 Challenges arriving with NASCAR Heat 2, you can take on even more Challenges each month to truly test your skills across all three series.
  • Car Customization Options: New this year, players will be able to customize their stock cars and trucks in even more ways. We’ll be releasing new templates and sponsor decals over the coming months so you can make your car even more unique.
As with the previous NASCAR Heat Evolution title, the game will receive free Toyota paint schemes each month, featuring alternative Toyota paint schemes from various cars across all three series within the game.

The NASCAR Heat 2 Hot Pass will be made available on release day, Tuesday 12th September.

September Jumbo Expansion Pack (included in Hot Pass DLC).
The Jumbo Expansion Pack will include 48 paint schemes, three challenges and various car icons to use within the custom paint tool. Consisting of 40 Monster Energy NASCAR schemes and eight Xfinity Series specials, the full list of which can be seen below:

Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series
  • Aric Almirola, STP (Martinsville)
  • Aric Almirola, USAF Patriotic (Charlotte 600)
  • Austin Dillon, AAA (Richmond)
  • Austin Dillon, Dow Patriotic (Charlotte 600)
  • Brad Keselowski, Alliance Truck Parts (Phoenix)
  • Brad Keselowski, Brad K Patriotic (Charlotte 600)
  • Chase Elliott, NAPA (Charlotte 600)
  • Chris Buescher, Kingsford (Richmond)
  • Clint Bowyer, Haas Automation (Charlotte 600)
  • Cole Whitt, RTIC Coolers (Charlotte 600)
  • Corey Lajoie, Hope for Warriors Patriotic (Charlotte 600)
  • Dale Earnhardt Jr., Nationwide Patriotic (Charlotte 600)
  • Danica Patrick, Code 3 (Richmond)
  • Danica Patrick, Code 3 (Charlotte 600)
  • Daniel Suarez, Subway (Charlotte 600)
  • David Ragan, Jacob Companies (Phoenix)
  • David Ragan, Jacob Companies (Charlotte 600)
  • Denny Hamlin, FedEx Office (Charlotte 600)
  • Erik Jones, 5 Hour Energy (Charlotte 600)
  • Jamie McMurray, Gearwrench (Richmond)
  • Jamie McMurray, Gearwrench (Charlotte 600)
  • Jimmie Johnson, Lowe’s Patriotic (Charlotte 600)
  • Joey Logano, Shell Patriotic (Charlotte 600)
  • Kasey Kahne, Liftmaster (Charlotte 600)
  • Kevin Harvick, Mobil 1 (Sonoma)
  • Kevin Harvick, Mobil 1 (Charlotte 600)
  • Kurt Busch, Haas/Monster (Charlotte 600)
  • Kyle Busch, M&M Red, White, and Blue (Charlotte 600)
  • Kyle Larson, Target (Charlotte 600)
  • Landon Cassill, CSX Patriotic (Charlotte 600)
  • Martin Truex Jr., Bass Pro Shops (Charlotte 600)
  • Matt DiBendetto, Cosmo’s (Bristol)
  • Matt DiBenedetto, Cosmo (Charlotte 600)
  • Matt Kenseth, Circle K (Charlotte 600)
  • Paul Menard, Knauf/Menards (Charlotte 600)
  • Ricky Stenhouse Jr., Fastenal Patriotic (Charlotte 600)
  • Ryan Blaney Motorcraft/Quicklane (Charlotte 600)
  • Ryan Newman, Grainger (Charlotte 600)
  • Trevor Bayne, EcoBoost Patriotic (Charlotte 600)
  • Ty Dillon, Geico Military Patriotic (Charlotte 600)
NASCAR XFINITY Series
  • Blake Koch, Leaf Filter Patriotic (Charlotte)
  • Brandon Jones, Jeldwen/Menards (Iowa)
  • Brennan Poole, DC Solar Patriotic (Charlotte)
  • Darrell Wallace Jr., Globe Life Patriotic (Charlotte)
  • Elliott Sadler, Hunt Brothers Pizza (Atlanta)
  • Justin Allgaier, Advance Auto Parts (Texas)
  • Ryan Reed, Lilly Diabetes Patriotic (Charlotte)
  • William Byron, Axalta (Charlotte)
In addition to the above, the Toyota schemes coming for free to the game can be seen below:

Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series

• Corey Lajoie, BK Racing Graphics (Phoenix)
  • Daniel Suarez, Subway (Auto Club)
  • Denny Hamlin, FedEx Office (Las Vegas)
  • Erik Jones, Toyota Service Centers (Auto Club)
  • Kyle Busch, Caramel (Sonoma)
  • Martin Truex Jr., Auto Owners Insurance (Kansas)
  • Matt Kenseth, Circle K (Richmond)
NASCAR XFINITY Series
  • Daniel Suarez, Peak Antifreeze (Talladega)
  • Erik Jones, Reesers Main St. Bistro (Phoenix)
  • Matt Tifft, National Brain Tumor Society (Atlanta)
  • Matt Tifft, SiriusXM (Texas)
  • Matt Tifft, Surface Sunscreen (Las Vegas)
NASCAR Heat 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC this September 12th.

NASCAR Heat 2 Developer Diary 2.jpg
NASCAR Heat 2 Developer Diary 4.jpg
NASCAR Heat 2 Developer Diary.jpg

Want to know more about the new game? Fancy a place to discuss the pros and cons of recent NASCAR racing games, or simply somewhere to go to share news and build anticipation until Heat 2 comes out? Fear not good people, our NASCAR Heat 2 sub forum could well be the place for you! Head on over and give us a post y'all !

Looking forward to NASCAR Heat 2? Can the game finally resonate with European audiences? Let us know in the comments section below!

I hope I'm wrong....

...but every fekking time one of these games comes out we hear about :

A REAL DRIVER GAVE US INVALUABLE INPUT

WE CAPTURED ALL THE DATA SO THAT WE CAN MODEL THE TRACKS IN GREAT DETAIL

OUR PHYSICS MODEL WILL GIVE PLAYERS AN AUTHENTIC EXPERIENCE

BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Then the game releases and it's invariably a dumbed down, consolized piece of **** with limited wheel support, and missing half the expected content only to be sold as EXCLUSIVE IN GAME DLC.

I hope I'm wrong....

But I won't be.

NR2003 is staying on my hard drive.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 29 8.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 17 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 26 7.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 7 2.1%