Unfortunately digital copies will not include the 50 SMI coupon. Something about SMI's ticket infrastructure isn't compatible with the digital releases of NH2. So only boxed editions of the XB1 and PS4 copies will include the ticket voucher, which is a piece of paper that's going to be packaged inside the case on the side opposite of the disc.

I'm going to float the idea around about a rushed physical edition PC release with a Steam key inside so that PC players have the opportunity to get a SMI voucher too.

NASCAR Heat 2.jpg

704Games have released a new trailer for the upcoming NASCAR Heat 2 game, giving us the first moving images of the new Camping World Trucks series and several new pieces of content.

Due for release towards the end of the year, NASCAR Heat 2 is the latest sequel to the popular NASCAR franchise of games, and is the second attempt at breaking the NASCAR videogame marketplace since Monster Games reacquired the official license for one of America’s most popular racing series.

Unlike in previous generations of the title, Heat 2 will feature both the main Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series as well as supporting categories the Camping World Truck Series and NASCAR Nationwide championship.

As is befitting for an officially licensed product, Heat 2 will replicate the current 2017 racing season over in America, and as such the game will contain all the regulations of the main NASCAR series and lower tier feeder events. New for 2017 will be the often discussed stage points feature, where a standard NASCAR event is broken up into 4 ‘stages’ throughout the race, with minor points awarded for positions held at the close of each stage, and the race restarted in the new running order until all stages are complete and the chequered flag has fallen.

Other new inclusions for the upcoming title will be the use of dirt racing for the first time. With the Camping World Truck Series visiting the loose surfaces on occasion during the year, the new game will now see the inclusion of short dirt ovals, with Eldora Speedway appearing in the trailer you can see below.

New for 2017 will also be new tracks not previous included in last season’s main NASCAR calendar, allowing players access to the some of the most attractive of America's enviable track rotation.

Feature wise it has been confirmed that split screen multiplayer returns, as does the ability to run online events up to 40 cars in size. It is not yet apparent if full course cautions will be making the cut for the new game, nor if dedicated servers will be supported, however with a release only a couple of months away this level of detail is sure to surface in the near future.

NASCAR Heat 2 looks at this early stage to be the kind of game that should have shipped last time out, and as such, 704Games may well be on to a winning formula.

NASCAR Heat 2 will release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC September 12th 2017.

Keep an eye out for a new NASCAR Heat 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment. We will be hosting mods for the game, online race events and of course bring you all the news and reviews of the new title on the build up to release this September.

Looking forward to Heat 2? Happy to see the inclusion of trucks and the Nationwide series? Can the game move forward from the underwhelming initial release? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Certainly looking forward to the release of this one. I did enjoy the first release as well despite the flaws, it was (is) still a lot of fun although time constraints have kept me from it for some time. I just hope this one is available here in the UK from the get-go rather than having to wait for ages as we did for the first one.

This is one wasted licence.
Reminds me of Milestone's WRC titles, same ol stuff year after year.
But hey... what can we do... just sit and watch. And not purchase it, yes.

Sometimes I have dreams that involve the iRacing guys giving up the whole subsciption-based MMO stuff and actually make a successor to the NASCAR Racing series...

Then I wake up and suddenly realize it's not happened (yet) and then feel pissed.

Little update, NASCAR races are now divided into 3, not 4 stages. Only Coca-Cola 600 and All Star Race had 4 stages, because how long was the first one and because they decided to mess things up in second one with additional tyre compound

And Nationwide has not been the junior seris sponsor for a couple years, it's now known as the Xfinity series.

Yeah there is no reason to release the game in different territories at different times.
Agreed. It was months before we got hold of it for the first version. If it's the same this time I may just have to forego it as it will be too late to get in on the action with anything that get's set up for leagues, etc and the interest will have died down.

Last edited:
Will this game include an editable Sim-value, and if so, how high can I set it?

:p
(sorry to be that guy)

But seriously, I would love a good NASCAR fix. Just wondering how much they put into the physics vs some of the other favorite sims around here.

Little update, NASCAR races are now divided into 3, not 4 stages. Only Coca-Cola 600 and All Star Race had 4 stages, because how long was the first one and because they decided to mess things up in second one with additional tyre compound
Additional tire compound was only for the all-star race the week prior to the 600. The 600 was just simply a 4 stage race with regular tires.

So any word on the $50 voucher for PC? Wouldn't mind heading to Vegas, Fontana or Phoenix for a weekend. All within a 3 hour drive and never been to a Race.lol

Agreed. It was months before we got hold of it for the first version. If it's the same this time I may just have to forego it as it will be too late to get in on the action with anything that get's set up for leagues, etc and the interest will have died down.
Serves you right for the sh*t Codemasters pulls in America. :roflmao::unsure::inlove:

Will this game include an editable Sim-value, and if so, how high can I set it?

But seriously, I would love a good NASCAR fix. Just wondering how much they put into the physics vs some of the other favorite sims around here.

I know I'm in the minority, but I think, at least on the console, the physics were very good. You could really feel the weight of the cars and I'm not too keen on listening to road racers on this, but the Oval Racers I ran with (NASCAR fans mostly) were pretty happy. Of course, ovals are pretty easy to get right...but what convinced me was the performance on a road course, Sonoma. That was a fantastic race. Kerb hopping, fender banging, track limit ignoring and all. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea