Nürburgring Nordschleife announced for Assetto Corsa

1534803_10151832730261659_277819873_o.jpg

Nürburgring Nordschleife announced: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...cement-on-24th-dec.79549/page-11#post-1603263

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember being let down when they did this for Ferrari...At the time we all thought the countdown was to the Tech Preview being released. It took a few hours before the disappointment of not getting a playable tech preview subsided and it sunk in just how much of a "miracle" it really was that a little 10 man team with next to no money signed the second hardest license to acquire.

It seems that there will be much angst tomorrow if the news isn't multiplayer by Christmas day; AI by Christmas day; the Nurburgring on Christmas day; or Porsche.

Unless Kunos are lying (not really their style) it isn't the first three and we all know Porsche just isn't even a possibility. (Thanks EA)

Can't wait to find out but I really hope people temper their expectations a bit.

I bet all that commotion about which track you wish to see in the game was just to say we were attended and that the present will be certainly Nürburgring (Nordschleife). Cool, but I think for my part, would be happier with the inclusion of AI.

AI will come eventually, be patient.
I also think it will be a licencing anouncement, thinking it will be the ring is being optimistic.
Last year when they made a similar teasing everybody was screaming "Nordschleife!!!" but in the end we got Ferrari as a consolation prize :p
I felt a bit let down as I was hoping for the first laser scanned Nürburgring ever but after seeing the wonderful work they made with the Ferraris in AC, any licencing will be warmly welcome, especially tracks though!

Unless Kunos are lying (not really their style) it isn't the first three and we all know Porsche just isn't even a possibility. (Thanks EA)

Why not? As far as I know Porsche is not exclusively bound to EA on the PC :)

Actually it would totally make sense to have a Porsche so the battle of the brands (with Ferrari) can continue and this time on a virtual race track.

Why because of EA? What do they have to do with it?

To me this just one of those sticky hoaxes that don't want to vanish from the simracing community. Unless somebody actually comes up with facts for a change that clearly state otherwise. :)

The (cancelled?) Automaniax pc project was based on Porsche and EA didn't have anything to do with it.

If there's no new software content coming until mid January, then it's pretty likely that it'll just be an announcement to say they've acquired the license for a brand of car, or the license to a track, which will be coming at a later date.

Well, I think that worth announcing is new top manufacturer - my guess would go to Lambo (because of same reasons like Ferrari). Hoping for Porsche license is too optimistic even by my standards (and I'm very, very optimistic person ;)).
Also Nord is the 2nd option IMO.
The 3rd one is a pack of new cars for brands already licensed - LaFerrari, P1, F50, F1, Zondas etc. or a pack of new tracks (or mix of both).

ATM I don't have any other ideas worth announcement (especially when you remind yourself that last one was because of acquiring Ferrari license).

Porsche would be amazing but EA have exclusive rights to the Porsche license :(

Oh and my guess is a Ferrari Formula 1 car. Possibly a license for the 2014 version with the v6 turbo

Last edited:
i just had an update, and now i have multi player , lobbys empty though

Just checked, got the same thing online seems active but no servers online. Still it makes it look likely to be multiplayer :D very unexpected though, and will ruin my Christmas! Hmmm how to dispose of family to get out of Christmas festivities to play games instead! Need to channel my inner Sheldon cooper Lol

I wonder what the AC server software's gonna be like... hopefully something players can use to set up their own from the start. No buttons to host on the 'online' page yet.

Would be a nice bonus if it runs on Linux, etc. to make it easier to put in always-on servers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back