Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo

This is a great rally title that deserves more attention. But some people are having an issue with brakes locking up, and resulting steering paralysis.

To fix it, if you're using semi-automatic transmission, assign the clutch to an unused button instead of assigning it to your clutch pedal. End of problem.

If you're using manual transmission, go ahead and assign the clutch to your clutch pedal in the normal manner, you won't have any problems. The brake lock-ups are caused by clutch assigned to clutch pedal with semi-automatic transmission.

Thanks. That worked for me. :thumbsup:

Great post.........:rolleyes:
I removed what i said because, i was wrong.

I discovered a bug with the Lancer Evo X, when you go off gas the 4 wheels lock up as if you were fully braking, which is ridiculous. It doesn't happen with other cars.

I thought the improvement i felt had to do with the clutch button i changed, but it had nothing to do with it. The improvement i felt was just because i changed the car.

Sorry i forgot it was a english speaking forum. :p

I wanted to say different bugs with 4 different cars.

With the Lancer Evo X and Citroen DS3, when i go off gas the 4 wheels lock up, as if i were fully braking.

EDIT1: It also happen with the Alpine a110 and it's completely undriveable, in this one the rear wheels are locking.

EDIT2: I found a fix, i asigned the throttle to the brake pedal and vice-versa, saved, changed the controls back to normal position, and that's it, no more wheels locking!

With the Suzuki Escudo, when i put it in neutral gear plus stop accelerating, the car starts to flip in the air as if there were no gravity.

The same thing happen with the black car of the class S prototypes DLC, altough it only raises the front end in the air.

Does it happen with anyone else here?

Last edited:
I'm using a G920, i don't know if this bug happen with different steering wheels.

With some cars when you go off throttle the wheels lock up as if you were fully braking.

It happened to me with the A110 Alpine, Citroen DS3, Lancer Evo X, and the Mini Cooper. It would probably happen with many other cars.

To fix it, evey time you enter the game, go to controls, set the throttle to the brake pedal and vice versa (the game sets it vice versa automatically anyway), go back to main menu in order to see the saving icon, then go to control options again and set the controls back to normal position.

That's it, bug fixed! Tested with all cars.

Last edited:
Was very tempted to pick this title up in the Steam sale, but it seems that this one might suffer the same issues as WRC7 regarding using multiple Controllers (based on what I have read).
Can someone confirm this?
I have a Fanatec CSW v2.5 with BMW Wheel, CSP v1 pedals, and HE Seq Shifter as handbrake. I'm guessing that the Shifter won't be recognised, and that I would have to have the Pedals connected via the CSW (not by direct USB)????

Was very tempted to pick this title up in the Steam sale, but it seems that this one might suffer the same issues as WRC7 regarding using multiple Controllers (based on what I have read).
Can someone confirm this?
I have a Fanatec CSW v2.5 with BMW Wheel, CSP v1 pedals, and HE Seq Shifter as handbrake. I'm guessing that the Shifter won't be recognised, and that I would have to have the Pedals connected via the CSW (not by direct USB)????
SLRE is indeed a one peripheral pony but I'm using Gimx to make my Accuforce wheel, HE pedals and Frex seq. shifter work with what is a very good game.

Back to SLRE after a few years and I’ll testify that it is definitely a great rally sim pushed back by it’s own launch technical deficiencies and outshined from DR at the time.

Btw, Is it possible to mod BML files?
I tried all off the different options with MixFile ReMixer and hex editing and the game still don’t load packaged DATA.MIX with changed .bml files.

Any tips?

After going from a 15 year old ASUS 22" 1680x1050 @60Hz and GTX 660/Ryzen 2600 with everything at low and still not being able to sustain a steady 60 fps, to a 27" Samsyng Odyssey G7 2560x1440 and RTX 3080 I can now have it locked at 144 fps with everything at max and what a difference. It's a new game, both visually and gameplay wise. The fluidity and car control at 144Hz is just amazing. I always liked this game, despite its quirks, and now it really, really shines.

If only Milestone could've released this on UE4 instead of their quirky and quite honestly crappy engine we would've had a really good third modern rally title. The general performance, looks, and sound improvements in Gravel would've elevated this game from a 5 to at least a 7.5 to me.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Since there is not a downloads section available for the title (We're already in contact with staff to try to find a solution), temporarily we are sharing with you all the latest 0.2 version of the RFPE Mod which was originally released during 2016.

RFPE Mod for Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO By Come Over Gaming

*************************WARNING! DO NOT USE WITH ONLINE/MULTIPLAYER FEATURES. ONLY FOR OFFLINE USE************************

The RFPE Mod reflects our passion for the Motorsport and Sim Racing worlds.

Based on our Sim Racing but also real life Motorsport experience (Karting, Rallying and Circuit Racing) we own the basic needed knowledge to understand how the physics, aerodynamic, tyre model and suspensions of a vehicle works.

Our goal, improve the driving experience.

DOWNLOAD V0.2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VfAH34JoNf62wD6BzdI_PgtAmXiSlKnp/view?usp=sharing

DEVELOPMENT STATUS

01/02/16: We're currently working on the 0.1 version which will include one car (Peugeot 206 WRC) and all the rally (Pikes Peak Hillclimb and Rallycross not included) country and stages of the tittle. Our present goal focuses on try to compatibilize the 4WD type cars.

13/02/16: RFPE (V0.1) was released.

14/02/16: We moved to the development phase of the 0.2 version. We keep trying to improve the base code line values. We wish to keep also bringing new 4WD cars.

20/02/16: We are giving solid steps into the RFPE Plugin. Multiple controllers support its added succesfully and now, we are moving to the testing phase before keep working into the antirespawn, etc.

25/03/16: The RFPE Plugin (V1.1B) was released.

10/04/16: RFPE (V0.2) was released.

06/02/17: The development of the project its already cancelled.

*************************WARNING! DO NOT USE WITH ONLINE/MULTIPLAYER FEATURES. ONLY FOR OFFLINE USE************************

Last edited:
I did try it, but wasn't able to recognize T300RS so i was uninstalled it
May this game is underrated. The environment looks amazing in San Remo (i'm afraid), and what a shame, because a good point, that this title uses fmod, so may easy to install new sound samples for cars.

Yes, SLRE is very good. It's a pity it was never updated to support more sim hardware.
That's why I will keep my trusty G27 forever, even if i upgrade to something better at some point.

Anyone looked in to ability to add FOV adjust? While this tool does great to help with multiple USB input setups (like mine), lack of ability to adjust FOV also killed this game for me. Too bad as it seems to have some really good stages.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back