Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo

I really like this sim. Once you have "unlocked";) all the cars it's great. The Welsh stages are brilliant but the Monte Carlo stages with ice and wet roads are sublime.

APlVcyq.png

bD9FGlD.png

Nice video Andy and great technique mate.
Really must have a serious go at it, once I've got the cars using the money cheat.:rolleyes:

Well Kenny, you could always earn the cash and buy the cars etc. Should take you about 7 years. :D;):):thumbsup:

That's why I used the money cheat. :whistling:

Looking at the video now, it does look almost TV real in my opinion. Great rally sim.

The damage model is really good and the actual car models are some of the best there is.
YzEFFyL.jpg

8ig1mlP.jpg

Last edited:
Well, that's kinda the thing...it is sadly all over the place. Some of the stages/countries look amazing, some not so good, and some are really bad (especially night stages, which just shows you how important lighting is for the overall look).

But most of the stages are actual real life stages, which is nice.

Still think DR is the best thing we have on a PC atm, In regards to a more authentic/hardcore rally sim. The others are ok just not as good as DR.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still believe some of the HUD elements not showing up in cockpit view is supposed to be a feature, not a bug, just like it is in Dirt Rally and Dirt 4.

not sure it is like that in dr

in seb only thing is if u turn them off and on again they appear in cockpit mode. Then when u restart disappear again. It's ok in modern cars with gear hud. But older cars its harder.

I'll have to give this game a try too. Dirt Rally with some of the physics and some alterations I've been messing with, by learning aome physics already improved Dirt Rally a lot, but SLRE seems to have more content and the rFPE guys even did some rework on the physics of the game, so it's definetly something to consider, because Dirt Rally even with some better physics is just getting stale with the same stages.

Not a bad rally sim, has some weird querks and bugs! But unlock some of the more powerful WRC cars and the handling starts to feel ok.
Although it does have a floaty feel most times. You seem to never feel connected to the car. But it's fun to say the least....

Could of been really great if not just forgotten about. .

Imo not as authentic as DR. they both have good and bad points.

I'll have to give this game a try too. Dirt Rally with some of the physics and some alterations I've been messing with, by learning aome physics already improved Dirt Rally a lot, but SLRE seems to have more content and the rFPE guys even did some rework on the physics of the game, so it's definetly something to consider, because Dirt Rally even with some better physics is just getting stale with the same stages.

Agreed. I don't use any plugins because I find the FFB and the handling to be superb as it is on my T500. But once you have all the cars, it's brilliant. I just used the money cheat to buy them all as I detest long slogs just to unlock things in games. This sim is very underrated. Some people give up with it because they don't get used to it quick enough but once you do, it's quite sublime and far superior than the WRC Kiloton games in my opinion. I also like the fact than you can customise your cars etc.
MwW94Iv.png

Still.... WRC i still think feels as good as SLRE or even better, WRC is not as arcade as you think and many reviews have reflected this. The stages in WRC are the best in a rally title to date.SLRE is great and does a nice job in the handling, but it does have issues and does seem way too forgiving at times, and the sense of speed is too high in SLRE ( in a pug108 at alscace feels like the speeder bike chase from star wars!!.) Visuals/car models are very basic compared to Dr and WRC, is does look like a ps3 game at times, but the replay cam angles are almost TV realistic.

SLRE is almost like a cult game now, followed by only a few. Shame has been dumped by the devs pretty much after 1-2 patches. :(

Yes the game is sublime and totally underrated. There is so much content to enjoy with great physics.
Visually, it is stunning in 4K / 60 fps (probably achievable starting with a GTX 1070) with super high resolution textures, looking better than WRC7 because it has less aliasing and look less blurry. Last month, I wrote a guide to run the game in the best conditions. It contains detailed info for having perfect 60 fps framepacing (this is a PS4 port so it has special framepacing and runs best at that framerate):
https://www.reddit.com/r/simrally/comments/7iodhb/guide_for_best_settings_image_quality_no/

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea