Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo

So apperantly there is coming a new rally game in 2015 for PS4 and Xbox One, Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo. They say its a rally simulator, so I really hope its better then WRC. But I wonder what they mean by simulator since its Milestone and I just think or WRC which is....OK game but far from simulator so wonder how they will manage a rally simulator. But wonder if it will be real WRC in this game or not...

sebastien_loeb11.jpg

Italian developers Milestone have confirmed a PC version for their upcoming rally title Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo,
previously announced for consoles only.

The video below is the first of a series of dev diaries for Milestone's next rally game, which is due out in the fall of this year.Milestone's press release defines the title as a "true rally simulator", something that should pique the interest of simracing fans: the genre hasn't seen a proper simulator since Richard Burns Rally, after all. Whether the developer will be able to deliver on that front is, obviously, another matter.

Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo will release on PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4. Does Milestone's latest effort interest you? Check out the dev diary below.

Last edited by a moderator:
50 cars but only 250km of stages in the game? That barely covers one-two real rallys. I'd much rather have 10 cars and something like 750km of stage.

Fingers crossed Milestone could surprise and really make a true simulator.

I will be curious to see if they offer a Demo and if not with my past experiences with the WRC games I will wonder what they are trying to hide?

WRC 4 was still combined pedals for an input controller profiler that is 1990's technology!

Perhaps Kunos SImulazioni's pioneering in Italian sim development has broken the ground for new games like these to emerge.
I could even imagine that Kunos implement rallye as well.

I mean, theyve got their copyright til 2020, thats 5 additional years. 4wd is implemented very soon, point to point tracks are there, too. Only thing missing are proper gravel/snow whatever surfaces implemented realistacilly. If they do that within these 5 years modders will do the rest.

-

That would also mean that i dont need any other Rallye title as Kunos already is doing an enormous job with AC.
Or... Another cracker comes up in the nex years, but i dont think milestone has the potential to reach this quality level.

I could even imagine that Kunos implement rallye as well.

I mean, theyve got their copyright til 2020, thats 5 additional years. 4wd is implemented very soon, point to point tracks are there, too. Only thing missing are proper gravel/snow whatever surfaces implemented realistacilly. If they do that within these 5 years modders will do the rest.

-

That would also mean that i dont need any other Rallye title as Kunos already is doing an enormous job with AC.
Or... Another cracker comes up in the nex years, but i dont think milestone has the potential to reach this quality level.

You could be right. They moved into the hillclimb stages a while back with Trento Bordone (if that's what it's called), rally would be a smart move. It would make AC the most comprehensive sim out there.

10933871_532765100199167_3592354493861557406_n.jpg

Milestone shared the second part of its Dev Diary for the upcoming rally title Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo.

The italian developers have published on YouTube a new video, which you can find below, detailing the work behind the title's rally stages.
The dev diary provides an interesting look at the track creation process, from GPS-enabled cameras to the studio's new shading system; Milestone's lead artist Sergio Rocco also announces in the video that the game will feature the legendary Pikes Peak hillclimb.
According to the artist, the studio has "meticulously recreated" the track in its full length (19,99km).

Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo will feature Career, offline and online modes, and will be available on PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One in the fall. Do you think Milestone can successfully propel the rally genre into next-gen? Let us know in the comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how many of these they plan on doing, but hopefully they're saving the juicy bits for later "diaries". To spend a good chunk of 5min talking about the logo of the game and the rest talking, but not really saying anything, about Pikes Peak. Seems like they're doing an awful lot of dancing around topics that simfans and gamers in general would want to know about.

I don't know about Milestone's rep for games in general, but their rally titles aren't good. I only hope that Loeb isn't doing it for the money and wouldn't want his name associated with something that's on the same level of their WRC games.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back