AC Multiclass Skoda Octavia/Mazda MX5@Spa, Wednesday 25th August 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Now I have become the raining world champion DOT follower, so nothing different in this race for me, like most races of late.:D:D:D
Could do now't about Andre and Allan, except to keep an eye on them from afar.:O_o:

That aside, very pleased. my best race here with the Mazda, consistent laps, only one mind wandering moment.
A bit boring with nothing to do for most if not all the race, just one heart-stopping moment at the start, first corner, so thank you for adverting that disaster, my fault entirely. ( I think it was Tim )
Well done Podiums, and @HF2000 for the organisation. Not sure about Skoda and Audi at Monza though.:unsure:

Ok qualifying, decent race.

Managed to get ahead, just, of Tim at the start and held him off for a couple of laps until he dropped back a couple of places. Not sure what happened there.

I managed to keep within striking distance of Ernie for a while but he was slightly faster and started to stretch away. I managed to keep consistent pace and no big errors, hoping for Ernie to mess up (no luck there).

Last few laps I noticed Tim had fought his way back and was catching me quickly. He got to 0.7 behind at the start of the last lap. After that I was focusing on being tidy and positioning myself to make any overtake difficult (fairly, of course) and held my place over the line. Fourth Mazda again. :)

Good racing and thanks again to Han for organising.

That was indeed good fun with the Skoda.

I had good racing and battling with Marko. Also Neil made pressure all race long from a very short distance in P3.

I finished 2nd, because Marko was a tiny bit faster than me.

Maybe I should've dared to use my more tail happy setup in race, too, because I got pole with this setup. Who knows...

Thy Han for hosting this event! :thumbsup:

Hah, the Mazda's were faster in sector 2!
Yes indeed! I couldn’t believe my lap times mid-race. Thought I had the gumption to keep Tim at bay and possibly overtake Douglas but alas that was not the case. Once Tim was past me through the chicane that was it and he drove off into the distance. Ultimately, these hard pushes mid-race used up my two lap allowance of fuel I gave myself.

That was indeed good fun with the Skoda.

I had good racing and battling with Marko. Also Neil made pressure all race long from a very short distance in P3.

I finished 2nd, because Marko was a tiny bit faster than me.

Maybe I should've dared to use my more tail happy setup in race, too, because I got pole with this setup. Who knows...

Thy Han for hosting this event! :thumbsup:
Reik. Thanks for fair race and good battle. I like it very much! See yaa next time.

Race report from the back of the Skoda grid.
Frustratingly I could not match my practice time in qualifying but looking at the names ahead of me my starting position was par for the course with some very fast drivers entered. As always my target for the race was to try to improve on my start position.

I got a reasonable start but Allan’s launch was mega and I could hear the little Mazda alongside as we headed up to La Source. I knew the Mazda was better on the brakes and left just enough room for Allan to slip by going into T1. But the extra power of the Skoda got me back past going down the hill and I set of to try to hang onto Han, John and Edward.

I was aware that Thomas has started from the pit lane and was carving his way through the Mazda field and I inherited another place when Edward went off at Raddion.

So my target was to now to try to hang onto sixth place but lap after lap Thomas was closing in and with tyres going off it was a struggle to get any pace. With one lap to go, Thomas was within 0.8 so a clean last lap was required which I just managed as Thomas was right on my rear bumper as we crossed the line.

Congrats to all the podium places and thanks to Han for organising another interesting event. Q9- R6 so objective achieved, but I need to go off and try to work out why I cannot get near my practice/Qualy times in the race.

Another great nights racing,thanx Han,coming into Spa,which is not 1 of my fav tracks,i was the underdog to @a_murel :cautious:..Our praccy times were fairly even until he posted a lap time nearly .5 sec quicker :mad:..:poop:..So back to the drawing board,few little tweeks, managed to claw back 3 tenths,so happy with that,still that 2 tenths niggles ya lol,see what happens race night....
Quali.....Well what can i say..IN YOUR FACE...Andre..:D:p:p:roflmao::roflmao:..9 thousands in it on the last lap,that has got to be 1 of the closest laps times i,ve been in.:thumbsup::thumbsup:..So now the race is ON...
Got a flying start,past 1 Skoda on my left,kept it tight on the right,big Kudos to @Shed 17 for giving me space at La Source, cheers Paul:thumbsup:,now past 2 Skoda,s ;),but that did,nt last long,both were past me going up La Rouge..But who was right behind me..Yep Andre,nostrils wide open taking in my exhaust fumes pushing me hard :cautious::cautious:..Gaining a couple of tenths,losing a couple of tenths,Andre is still there,then gone:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:,first i thought the dreaded disco,but later found out had a sneezing fit,unlucky my friend,would have been a good battle,my tyres were suffering about 30 mins into the race..You say you,ll get revenge on your home track...Hmmm,bring it on, the glove has been thrown down..
Well done all the drivers,this really is a great little racing club...Till the next time...Keep safe everyone..

but I need to go off and try to work out why I cannot get near my practice/Qualy times in the race.
Hi Paul, I think everyone had the same, looking at the pace of the frontrunners and me. It looks like the extra weight of the fuel has a big impact on the Skoda in the beginning of the race and in the second part the tyre wear prevented better lap times.
So I shouldn't worry about it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back