Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
5dcd37c0583a0f4d752c00ae.jpg

1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Today we visit the beautiful Ardennes in Belgium. Yes, it's Spa Francorchamps, the iconic racetrack that's in almost everyone's top three favorite tracks. La Source, Eau Rouge, Raidillon, Les Combes, Pouhon, Blanchimont... who doesn't know these names? It's one of those circuits where after the checkered flag has dropped you think, Oh come on, let me do one more lap, please?

So join us for another exciting race and:

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities like overtaking and blue flag situations but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

THE GT3 EVENT ON SUNDAY WILL ALSO TAKE PLACE HERE ON THIS TRACK!
By joining here you can learn the racelines, overtake spots and even the brakepoints of the track in a car that's less demanding than the GT3 and have a lot of fun at the same time.

SpaF1-07.f8790385e69917207b1a12e00b639228.png

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here and here to learn how you can participate as well.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: S.GP
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 1 hour 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification (10 min TT, 10 min MX5)
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (19:40 UTC) | 40 minutes - Race
IMPORTANT:
  • Qualify is split (not forced, gentleman's agreement). First 10min for the Skoda's, second 10min for the MAZDA's. Don't go on track in the window of the other car class.
  • Blue Flags: If an MX5 driver gets a Blue Flag from an Octavia, he has to stay on the racing line to be predictable. You can help the Skoda by lifting on the straight, but you don't have to! The Octavia driver is responsible for a safe overtake. Losing time doing this is part of the game and applies to any TTSkoda. If you receive a blue flag from your own class, the normal rules apply.
  • As Spa is easy to learn, you don't need much practice so you have time for this great fun event: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/mystery-event-3-tuesday-24th-august-2021.206813/

Event details:
  • Cars: Skoda Octavia Cup/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Spa, Belgium
  • Pit stop: optional
  • Track Temps: 25C air/34C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

Signed in with the MX5 of course... gotta check though coz I heard last night we may have something that evening. If so, I'll check myself out in time.

To everyone,

I suspect the races at Spa and Monza won't have much exciting multi-class action as overtaking is possible almost anywhere and easily with much more speed. So I decided to trade in the Audi for the Skoda Octavia. This car has a race pace that is between that of the TT and the MX5 to see if that leads to more challenging overtaking.
The Skoda is a mod that you need to install and can be found in the MODS tab in the S.GP event. If you can't find the practice server, you probably haven't installed the mod.

Let's see how it goes and please give me feedback what you think.
And also what you think of the idea of doing a multiclass with Audi/Skoda. Maybe for Monza?

Last edited:
Won't have time to practice, so any advice on if the tyres will last 40mins would be welcome
Great to have you with us, John! I'm sure you will like the audience!

Tyres: good question. Didn't think of that because with the Audi it's not a problem.
After 5 laps (about 15 min) left front is at 72% with default setup.
I'll probably will do a full stint tomorrow or Monday.
Actually it would be nice that the Skoda's will have to do a tyre change. It could turn out that they have to pass the Mazda's once more! The more action, the better!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 195 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 380 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.6%