AC Multiclass Skoda Octavia/Mazda MX5@Spa, Wednesday 25th August 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Han, is the practice server deliberately set to 91% at the start of the practice session or just a carry over from Thomson?

It's not a problem, just wondering what that means for the race...

Han, is the practice server deliberately set to 91% at the start of the practice session or just a carry over from Thomson?

It's not a problem, just wondering what that means for the race...
Oops, I think I forgot about that. Thanks for telling me! I will correct it.

EDIT: It should be fine now. I also changed the name of the server with Skoda instead of Audi.

Last edited:
Now this promises to be very interesting. I did a few laps while Douglas and Andre where practicing too with the MX5.
The Skoda is about 4,5 - 5sec (in my hands) faster on 1 lap. But only because of the higher top speed on the straights.

Looking forward to see how this will turn out in a race of 40 minutes!

Now this promises to be very interesting. I did a few laps while Douglas and Andre where practicing too with the MX5.
The Skoda is about 4,5 - 5sec (in my hands) faster on 1 lap. But only because of the higher top speed on the straights.

Yes, just tried it offline and it will be close. FWD vs. RWD, should be fun and the corners will be interesting!

Yes, only 4.1 seconds - 4.5 seconds faster by the time we finished. I think the Mazda may well be faster through some corners with the Skoda having the edge in power.

On shorter tracks they could be evenly matched (Assen Short, Silverstone Short, if you are looking for ideas. :) )

I could have taken the Skoda in the race but my driving is developing (last race excepted!) in the Mazda. I'm starting to get a degree of confidence in how much you can/ should slide a car for best cornering. Still a bit to go in my education. :)

I'm looking forward to trying both cars in the next day or two :)
Btw, @Douglas Aird - I'm no alien but I've noticed that getting the best out of the tyres in AC isn't always obvious. The FFB provides info, but that info sometimes misleads me, and the sound provides a little more (possibly still questionable quality info though!).
I've even tweaked one of the tyre-squeal sound settings ("onset"? can't remember the full name) to try and get a better idea of when I'm sliding, and I think it helped but it may have been a placebo :roflmao:

I'm looking forward to trying both cars in the next day or two :)
Btw, @Douglas Aird - I'm no alien but I've noticed that getting the best out of the tyres in AC isn't always obvious. The FFB provides info, but that info sometimes misleads me, and the sound provides a little more (possibly still questionable quality info though!).
I've even tweaked one of the tyre-squeal sound settings ("onset"? can't remember the full name) to try and get a better idea of when I'm sliding, and I think it helped but it may have been a placebo :roflmao:
Thanks, Neil. I'll take a look at that.

Hi chaps! Due to another appointment I have to withdraw from this wednesday's race. :(
Somebody else will have to bring up the rear with top-notch backmarker skills this once.
I'll free my spot hoping a new driver can join this fine crew... wishing you all a fine race! :thumbsup:

Signed up with the Skoda, but have to swap everything over to a new pc this week, so if not done in time I'll try to give a day's notice if I can't make it.

Won't have time to practice, so any advice on if the tyres will last 40mins would be welcome :)
@Medilloni John, I did a full race (40 min) with one set of tyres. At the end both front tyres were red in the Tyre app at 25%. The rear were fine (green).
Last laps the car became a bit more understeery but manageable. But of course with my driving style.

Ok guys, then it is official:

I´m to old and to daft to get a FWD rolling.
just tried some laps in the Skoda and was slower than in the Mazda. ( which I have loads of more experience on ;))

Shame that this pesky thing of having to work to be able to (sim) race is keeping me from you Wednesday.

Have fun, Happy Hunting

Carsten

( If someone could send me a link to a replay I could commiserate after coming home)

Great combination of cars for this track! :thumbsup:

I see what you mean now that I've driven both. The Skoda is a bit of a pig to turn in (for me) but more time in it may change this opinion.

Given the times I was seeing today in the practice server this is undoubtedly going to be a fun race. :cool:
I drove the Skoda for a short time to get a feel for where it was fast/slow compared to the Mazda and "pig" was exactly my thoughts. I'm so used to the nimble Mazda now that a lot of other cars feel like that in comparison. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back