multiclass fast start for various IMSA and WEC tracks

Tracks multiclass fast start for various IMSA and WEC tracks 1.0.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
BoBaHK submitted a new resource:

Road America multiclass fast start - IMSA-style multiclass racing from the first lap

This small mod changes the starting positions for the cars in P13-P26 to be spread around the tracks.

Why?
Multiclass racing (e.g. DPI or LMPs) in major events, like Daytona, Le Mans are all about traffic management. However, with the starting start, you start overtaking the traffic only from Lap 6 or 7. Most single player races I have time for only last 7-10 laps. So most of the time I race in multiclass racing, I don't see a single GT car.

With this extension, I set 11 opponents in the...

Read more about this resource...

Hey, first of all i like your mod very much and I appreciate your work. Is it possible to get a similar mod for the rt_daytona with about 17 to 16 spots for DPi, LPM2 and LPM3 in the future?

Yes, rt_daytona is an obvious one! Not all the tracks are easy to mod like that, but rt_daytona is an easy target since spawn points are in a separate kn5 file. I had a lot of fun yesterday with new Mid Ohio (2.0 from Zwiss) and Watkins Glen.

Yes, rt_daytona is an obvious one! Not all the tracks are easy to mod like that, but rt_daytona is an easy target since spawn points are in a separate kn5 file. I had a lot of fun yesterday with new Mid Ohio (2.0 from Zwiss) and Watkins Glen.
Nice to hear! This would be a great additional detail to recreate some ISMA races.

nice! I am not going to stop you do that for any other track - the work is rather mechanical, so would love be able to just use it for other tracks. I will probably do this for other prominent IMSA tracks first, before moving to other regions.

@Kent74 Do you know a good Bella Isla and Long Beach tracks (maybe in DM)? Bella Isla looks pretty bad and AI line is a bit broken/unstable. I was/am considering doing a facelift for it, but not sure if the current track is a good base for it, especially given AI line. Long Beach I have is completely unoptimized (I'm in VR, so fps matter) and also doesn't look good. As a result I never use those two tracks in AC :(
Indianapolis - could do. I like the track a lot.. but it's technically not on IMSA schedule and don't host multiclass races (not that it matters much, but I personally use it for Indycar mostly)

Don't usually comment in these, but this mod is really so great. Simple, yet feels like a whole new thing when going multiclass now. Good stuff :thumbsup:

No idea what your process is like, but maybe down the line, both to take work off you, and allow other tracks to get this awesome treatment you could also include some guide or template others could use to create their own layouts? I only mention this because I'm on a mid-low end computer and with this I can now do full grids smoothly, which makes me want to use it on all tracks :D

As for other tracks to add if you're looking, VIR (Race department link) and Lime Rock Park (Reboot Team) are two fun ones.

Last edited:
Amazing add-on, absolutely loving it, thank you very much! :)
Is it possible to make the "traffic" start the same way like the first batch of cars?

@Alfred Wayne Thank you for your comment! I was testing Le Mans last night (haven't released it yet) and I too, for the first time, was able to have 40+ grid AND good FPS, especially at the start of the race. As for the template - I imagine any track creator will understand in a second what I am doing, as I am only repositioning the starting position locators in in my 3D editor. So it is more about community asking track makers to include this option. In fact, I might add this as part of my facelift extensions in the future, to simplify the installation. (technically, VIR is not really used for real multiclass, as IMSA runs GT Challenge race there - no prototypes. But two GT Classes are different)

@Erik19
But a high-density start will:
- confuse AI and result in a traffic jam. Even now, AI is noticeably slow/cautious, when overtaking. So I'm afraid overtaking 10 cars at once will result in a complete mess.
- it will hurt FPS, as you'll need to render 20 cars at once
- I am trying to simulate the condition hour+ after the race start, when traffic is evenly distributed around the track and there is always a traffic car within a visible distance for you to be mindful of.
So unless I am missing something - this is not something I am planning to try atm. Instead, I want to add more tracks with traffic spread more-or-less evenly around the track.
Hope you understand

BoBaHK updated multiclass fast start for various IMSA and WEC tracks with a new update entry:

Le Mans added

The king of multiclass racing track is here, in it's full glory!
I have decided to made a mod for lemans2017 track, here on RD (v3.0) since:
- it is a legit version with no copyright disputes, afaik
- it is a very high-quality mod that still receives updates (I even prefer the look of it vs. forza rip)
- it is FPS friendly, which is very important for 40+ cars grids and VR
However, making this multiclass mods is...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great mod but a problem with the multiclass of Sebring which becomes Watkins Glen in the game (look at the photo)

Attachments

• seb.jpg
    seb.jpg
    452.7 KB · Views: 68
@Erik19
But a high-density start will:
- confuse AI and result in a traffic jam. Even now, AI is noticeably slow/cautious, when overtaking. So I'm afraid overtaking 10 cars at once will result in a complete mess.
- it will hurt FPS, as you'll need to render 20 cars at once
- I am trying to simulate the condition hour+ after the race start, when traffic is evenly distributed around the track and there is always a traffic car within a visible distance for you to be mindful of.
So unless I am missing something - this is not something I am planning to try atm. Instead, I want to add more tracks with traffic spread more-or-less evenly around the track.
Hope you understand
Oh, I see. Would be awesome to race with GTs, but I understand all of your points. And once again, thank you so much for reply and a huge thanks for this awesome add-on.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 130 86.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 25 16.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 45 29.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 52 34.4%