Virginia International Raceway facelift extension

Tracks Virginia International Raceway facelift extension 0.96

Login or Register an account to download this content
BoBaHK submitted a new resource:

Virginia International Raceway facelift extension - Virginia International Raceway trees and shaders facelift extension

This is the facelift extension for Virginia International Raceway 1.1, which, IMO, started to show it's age (since it was released in 2016). This extension doesn't contain the original track - you do need to download the track separately here at RD.
Simply copy over the content of the folder. Overall, this suppose to match the look and feel of Road America and a new Road Atlanta - a lot of the same...

Read more about this resource...

Hi man thanks for your work

Trees looks definitely better but kerbs not. Look at below

1643567444836.png

What to do to keep trees and revert to previous kerbs without markings ?
EDIT: Deleted kerb dirt objects in your added kn file and its ok for me now

Last edited:
Thanks for reporting Macko!
.. those should not look like that (see the screenshot). Seams that alpha blending is not rendered properly.
If you don't mind, can you try to add the following lines to grass_and_track.ini please?
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = KERB_DIRT
SHADER=ksPerPixelAT
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_BLEND
IS_TRANSPARENT = 1

If that doesn't help, you can just hide additional dirt mesh using this code (also add it to .ini file)

Code:
[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MESHES = kerb_dirt?
IS_RENDERABLE = 0

This is the intended look:
kerbs_dirt.jpg

Another solution is to increase the transparency of the texture itself.. maybe I should just do that in the updated version.

Last edited:
First of all, thank you! Could you do Barbagallo too please? The very first scratch made track for AC in 2014, I believe, by the same team as VIR. Still fun, but quite outdated by now

First of all, thank you! Could you do Barbagallo too please? The very first scratch made track for AC in 2014, I believe, by the same team as VIR. Still fun, but quite outdated by now

Thanks! Never actually tried or even heard of this track. Will give it a try. I do have an eye on one Indy and one superGT track atm, however. (not to mention support for released versions)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.