AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Kazanring, Wed 31st May 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Alright, I’m looking for a new crew chief. My Jimmy just left. Angry, sad and frustrated. The more laps I did, the louder the yelling in my ears. So many track cuts, he never saw that before, Jimmy told me when he returned his gear. The shirt he handed to me was drenched with sweat. I think I saw his hands shaking and one eye lid showed signs of tremors. I really feel sad for him to end his career this way. He could have chosen to join the victory side, do some relaxed engineering with Fulvio or John or Allan, or other freakingly quick drivers. But nothing of that… Unfortunately for him, fate put him on my pitwall, suffering my bad laps and way too many track cuts on this track…

Anyway, if you see a bewildered man, walking around somewhere near the Kazan track, say Hi from Bouke and make sure to tell him I didn’t mean it to end this way….

See you guys Wednesday, hopefully I’ll find me a new Jim, not knowing who he’s teaming up with…
Well,

you´re much friendlier to your Crew Chief than I ever was ;)

The one time he disappointed me gravely with a botched pit stop we had an "employee talk" and someone found him under the race truck later that night:

You´re fired.PNG

Last edited:
Alright, I’m looking for a new crew chief. My Jimmy just left. Angry, sad and frustrated. The more laps I did, the louder the yelling in my ears. So many track cuts, he never saw that before, Jimmy told me when he returned his gear. The shirt he handed to me was drenched with sweat. I think I saw his hands shaking and one eye lid showed signs of tremors. I really feel sad for him to end his career this way. He could have chosen to join the victory side, do some relaxed engineering with Fulvio or John or Allan, or other freakingly quick drivers. But nothing of that… Unfortunately for him, fate put him on my pitwall, suffering my bad laps and way too many track cuts on this track…

Anyway, if you see a bewildered man, walking around somewhere near the Kazan track, say Hi from Bouke and make sure to tell him I didn’t mean it to end this way….

See you guys Wednesday, hopefully I’ll find me a new Jim, not knowing who he’s teaming up with…

Jim quit on me, too. :)

I think I may need to adjust Crew Chief for this one to save myself multiple tellings off.

So there was a little talk last week about maybe the skins were the source of our warping? We're we trying this week without the added skins, or not? Just curious :coffee:
I've asked Rasmus if skins can be the cause of the lagging. His answer:

mhh, yes and no. Skins aren't used by the server, so the server won't lag due to them.
But they can tank some performance for each individual driver on their local PCs.

So whoever has the issue would need to run the Render Stats Apps, take Screenshots etc.

So whoever had problems with lag, can do this and ask Rasmus for advice.

We can try as i said last week to restart the race when every cars are loaded in the grid , i remember someone doing this method in one of my race's and was ok
Ok. Let's do that. If it doesn't help, it won't hurt. So wait until the lights are out for the restart?

Last edited:
I'm going to give the warning now, my driving might be terrible today as i may try and do the race in VR. I have no idea how its going to go or if I'm even going to manage the whole race.

Sorry in advance for any inconvenience.

Which VR headset are you using?
I'm interested in switching to VR so I would like to hear about your experience after the race :thumbsup:

I'm using an HTC vive cosmos. the fov isn't the best on it, i have to turn my head a lot. if i like the vr i will probably change to something like the valve index.

That's where I have my sight set on at the moment but can't pull the trigger just yet with many rumors about project Deckard around the corner (Valve Index 2). I'll probably wait until September, I'm planning a big holiday season anyways so it should not impact me too much.

In the meanwhile I'm also looking at the second hand market for a cheap HP Reverb G2 (version 2), but they are still going for more than I am wiling to part with. If you plan to use VR for sim only this might be a better/cheaper option but for proper tracking and controls look somewhere else.

Good luck in the race tonight and if you start to feel motion sickness it is better to stop as soon as possible. If you push it too hard your body will remember it and you might get sick just looking at the headset in the future.

For some reason downloading the track stops half way and aborts the download. Tried twice. Anybody experienced a similar issue?

Speed was also abysmal so I'm resetting the modem and will try again later. Zero practice so far, we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:
I have had the lot, So my 10 cents worth

VR it definitely make you quicker, improves your 3D corner and driving ability and experience. You most certainly feel in the car, you can see people around you much better, a lot better.
Judge distance better..
You cannot argue with the field of view, it is about the same as a crash helmet, maybe not all, but certainly the expensive one’s with a narrow slot.
A fantastic experience.
Never found them difficult to drive wrt pc, only had a small bit of dizziness once, soon disappeared.

Down side
I could not live with the resolution, it just a big big spoiler, ( oculus Quest 2 )

I could not live with all the faffing every time I wanted to race.

Hot and not pleasant in the summer, not exactly comfortable at any time.

I eventually went for triple 24” 1080p monitors, in my opinion the sweet spot.
Triple 27” 1080p, single 27” 1080p, triple 27” curved 1080p, single 34” 1440p , single 49” 1440p, all had advantages and disadvantages. All 120hz or 144hz.

If you can circumvent all the above problems with VR. I would keep the triples and wear the VR for online racing.

They seem to be improving in leaps and bounds, but you cannot always trust the reviews . And the price seems to be sky rocketing, my hopes is that it will massively improve in all aspects and the price to be reasonable, I live in hope.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.