AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Kazanring, Wed 31st May 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi all,

just did an offline trial run with my benchmark combo (Offline Race - 20 AI cars). I trimmed my settings to get a solid 90fps in HP Reverb G2 out of this combo. For most of the lap I get around 87-91fps, but in the circled areas, I get a drop to high 70s / low 80s. It is OK, but not great.

26-05-_2023_10-27-46.jpg

My setup is:
i7 8700k
ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E
G.Skill Memore 32 GB Memory 3033
RTX 4080 (I know, major CPU bottleneck, but given GPU prices, still waiting for purse to recover from GPU purchase, before CPU upgrade)
HP Reverb G2

Make out of that info what you want.

Have a great day and cheers,
Chris

Tried Palo Margo last night with 15 AI and no problems, though I have removed the 'mod' skins.

Only mentioning this 'cos a tech person explained that 15 AI cars is easily enough of a guide to tell you a full grid should be no problem online (AI taking far more out of the PC than online apparently).

My pc is very average (not being a tech-head I've no idea:p), running single screen and 100fps

My CPU was on tickover (25%) with a large AI field. The graphics is the killer on this track. Strange, but if you drive in the gravel traps it really hits the fps. Never seen a track this bad before in that respect.

Given the wide variety of hardware in this group I'd be inclined to switch track as not everyone reads this thread or does much prep. So it'll just be a big mess on weds.

Ok guys, there are still doubts on the Aruba track performance wise.

I'm cutting the knob now and change the track to the Miami Bayside city track. Don't worry, it's very different from the F1 Miami track.

I'm sorry the Miami Bayside is an ACU track not available on RaceDepartment so I don't know if it's legal. It will be the Kazanring instead.

Last edited:
Had the worst of fps on the carribean track yesterday, but the new Kazan track runs smoothly. Pitboxes are working fine and it's a nice track to drive on, some technical descending corners, where overdriving will cost you a lot. Plus the tracklimits (race director) are pretty sharp, so there's a thin line on the edge, just a bit too much on the orange stuff and you'll be penalized, but that is a good thing. Great for both japanese as well as italian toys! Will be some good racing up there.

Nice track Han, I'd say: Go!

I retract my partizipation, Han put us unforcedly on another Tielke Drome :cry:

(Well, I do not retract, but I'll do the drama queen quite extensively)

Why a Tielke Drome Han when there are so many real race tracks in the world:O_o:

I'll get something to eat now and than I'll have a (completely unbiased;)) look at this catastrophy
I test these tracks completely unbiased, not knowing who the designer is. And I score it on my criteria. This track has very good marks. Of course it's subjective but hey, you can start organizing with RaceDepartment also and choose your own tracks.
In any case Bouke liked it and I'm curious what you find of it.

@HF2000 A great track Han, I'll bet it gives close racing:thumbsup:

Only gripe (there's always one lol), the track is giving major cuts with 2 wheels well inside the white line, so I expect tears after the race:sneaky: Shame really. 'cos there's only one corner you can cut (across the esses) that would give an advantage, and it'd be so big you'd get publicly stoned:roflmao:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.