AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Kazanring, Wed 31st May 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Just a thought, I wonder if Brian is having this problem with his events, if not then could it be (some of ) the poor quality mod tracks?
I haven't noticed warping on sunday like this, much if ever? Though the cars are faster so drafting on the straights isn't as long.

I didn't notice big issues last tues during the rookie race, nor during the sunday race at the same track last week. Feel like a wednesday thing for whatever reason. Wonder if the F1 championship drivers notice anything during thurs races?

Tight qualifying and couldn't quite find my best lap so p14 start.

Made it to the Esses without incident then got caught up in post warping spinning cars. Hit one but was relatively straight then collected by another spinner.

Remarkably gained a place overall but lost a lot of time to the cars in front.

4 seconds behind Han for all of the first stint, couldn't make any inroads. Pitted on 30 minutes and came out just ahead of Carsten but was fractionally quicker and managed to eke out a gap until he pitted.

William was around 5 seconds back but he got to within 1.5 seconds until I found a better rhythm and got the gap back to 5 seconds by the end for P10 (thanks to retirements).

Thanks for organising, Han, and to all the racers.

I also don´4 have problems with 24 AI at 125 FPS limited, except they crash less than NI :O_o:

So we can agree that it is a server problem.
Scientifically we should now dismiss one variable after another, so next week same drivers, same track no skins :cautious:

(and no, also not motivated to do this again)

(For the record, I did not notice warping on Road America and Bikernieky, aka "boring vanilla tracks":rolleyes:)

Edith:
I don´t think I´m the "dragnet" 5600x/3080/quadruple FHD at 125FPS.

Paul, I could see you "warp like a Constitution Class", what´s your machine?

(but I don´t think that´s the problem :()

Last edited:
I also don´4 have problems with 24 AI at 125 FPS limited, except they crash less than NI :O_o:

So we can agree that it is a server problem.
Scientifically we should now dismiss one variable after another, so next week same drivers, same track no skins :cautious:

(and no, also not motivated to do this again)

(For the record, I did not notice warping on Road America and Bikernieky, aka "boring vanilla tracks":rolleyes:)
Maybe do a quickie race next week before we do the real race? We'll know pretty quick if it's better so no need to do an hour.

A very difficult race for all of us, as John said, I was not alone in hitting some people. Most of the time I did not know what was happening, with cars randomly shunting back and forward. Sorry to see you leave John, spent the rest of the race chasing you, and thinking he must have been lapping in the 32's :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
It got so bad, but I was lucky and followed Robert, kept a good distance for most of the race having enough time to tell myself, I was in a place that I could not effect, Hank was too far, and there was no point in racing Mazda's.
So a well done to podiums, and i enjoyed trying to give Fulvio some grief, not that i lasted long.
But had the problem of Fulvio constantly shunting back and forwards with a warping server. So in the end i was lucky to get away with it all. ( funnily does not show up in my replay, but when the replay does show the stutter, everyone moves )
I have just looked at the replay, John nice of you to wait, it was all my fault, just in case you thought it was you, a racing incident.:)
Ironically the off sent me into the pits, so perhaps luck was on my side tonight.:p:D:D:D
Difficult event for you Han, so well done under an awkward situation. So maybe Skins are the problem. we will find out next week.

Last edited:
Ohh, that doesn't sound great..
I'll have a look!

In theory, skins can't cause issues for the server, because the server doesn't know about the skins at all.
The server config simply contains "downloaded skin 27" instead of "stock skin 12".
It's a line of text that tells each client which skin to load for which car.

However the skins can cause performance issues for us drivers, but that would be a local problem and would also show fps drops and/or the "PHYS_Late" in the render stats shooting up.

Can at least 2 of you upload me a replay and tell me a time stamp where some cars are dancing around?
That would help when looking into the log files.

Sadly AC doesn't have some "Server CPU Stats" like ACC does. There, you can see when the server has issues with the tickrate.

Sadly I'm not sure if I'll see something in the server logs. Maybe I'll need to monitor an event live (+ a stream from someone?).
With the RD Server + its Taskmanager on one half of the monitor, the stream from someone in the other and me as a spectator, being on the server, on the second monitor.

Can you write me down some more information?
- is this only happening for the Wednesday events?

- is it only happening during race sessions or in all sessions?

- is everyone jumping around at the same time?

- if not, is the same car jumping around for everyone else at the same time or is everyone seeing different cars jumping around at the same time?

- can someone please let the render stats app run in a corner of your monitor and whenever the jumping happens, take a screenshot or at least check ping and PHY_Late?

- does it also happen on Thursdays? If yes, I can do some debugging tomorrow when racing myself :)

I'll also check if something else is running on the RD server at the same time.
Maybe there's an rF2 weather updater tool going wild or whatever.

A pity for those who saw a lot of warping, I was running on my own for large sections of the race so didn't really see as much of it. I saw more of it in quali, every car ahead of me leaving the pits (about 4) was jumping and sliding violently across the track.

Decent race for me from a personal point of view, I managed to avoid the first lap carnage and settled into a nice rhythm, running 2-3 seconds ahead of Han who was reeling me in pretty strongly on the long straight so I decided before he caught up with me and we both lost time jostling that I would pit. No prizes for guessing that I ballsed it up again. the stop was fine this time but I ran wide in the pit exit and crashed head on into the blue structure on the left :mad: only myself to blame but I had to reverse out of it and by the time I rejoined I was behind Douglas and Carsten.

I managed to keep up with them before Carsten pitted and then was inching up towards Douglas before he started to control the gap and ultimately pull away again as he did a far better job in traffic than me. It was good fun though, even when he picked up the pace we were often trading blows on lap time.

The big plus for me this week and a big stride forward in general recently (I first noticed it at times in last week's race) was my consistency. I'm getting far more comfortable driving at a pace I know I can deliver and avoiding overdriving. Even so, I was quite surprised to see this:

1685604379032.png

Very happy with that, definitely feeling I'm progressing as a sim racer thanks to these races. Cutting out the brain farts when in the pits and improving my race craft around other vehicles is where I need to focus :)

Can someone who had a lot of warping answer the questions of Rasmus and send him the replay?

Fulvio was warping badly, when us three were in close combat, John, Fulvio and me. But did not show at all on the replay??
The replay showed most cars in the vicinity of the replay jumping all at the same time. But some did not.
Roberts car reversed about 100 meters into my car, he said he was inside my car. But no collision happened.
Come to think of it I did not seem to get a hit from warping.
I think we all had difficulty in not being sure what was going on, probably hitting others due to bring distracted.

Also my replay is 16hz, so I imagine if it is happening really quickly, maybe the replay does not see it??

Last edited:
Here´s a 32hz replay.
FYI, the flickering of my car in the replayhas shown for some time now, I havn´t noticed any repercussions in the race( nor has anybody else)

My "dance" with Paul starts around L27, I could see pronounced warping whenever I got closer that 4-5 car length, especially on the back straight.
In the replay I could only see it a few times, especially in the slower turns.
So it sounds resonable that the low HZ of the replays mask the effect.

A pity for those who saw a lot of warping, I was running on my own for large sections of the race so didn't really see as much of it. I saw more of it in quali, every car ahead of me leaving the pits (about 4) was jumping and sliding violently across the track.

Decent race for me from a personal point of view, I managed to avoid the first lap carnage and settled into a nice rhythm, running 2-3 seconds ahead of Han who was reeling me in pretty strongly on the long straight so I decided before he caught up with me and we both lost time jostling that I would pit. No prizes for guessing that I ballsed it up again. the stop was fine this time but I ran wide in the pit exit and crashed head on into the blue structure on the left :mad: only myself to blame but I had to reverse out of it and by the time I rejoined I was behind Douglas and Carsten.

I managed to keep up with them before Carsten pitted and then was inching up towards Douglas before he started to control the gap and ultimately pull away again as he did a far better job in traffic than me. It was good fun though, even when he picked up the pace we were often trading blows on lap time.

The big plus for me this week and a big stride forward in general recently (I first noticed it at times in last week's race) was my consistency. I'm getting far more comfortable driving at a pace I know I can deliver and avoiding overdriving. Even so, I was quite surprised to see this:

View attachment 668677

Very happy with that, definitely feeling I'm progressing as a sim racer thanks to these races. Cutting out the brain farts when in the pits and improving my race craft around other vehicles is where I need to focus :)

It was a good battle, even though we were not wheel to wheel. You were catching and I was driving looking in my mirrors until I had a word with myself and relaxed back into my rhythm.

Paul, I could see you "warp like a Constitution Class", what´s your machine?
I could see others warping too, Steve, Fulvio and Jose in particular were making like the Starship Enterprise in front of me at times.
I've never had any issues or complaints before even though my machine is getting on a bit.
My feeling is that it could be the track but we would need everyone who raced to do it again to be able to fully diagnose and eliminate causes. Or run a Kunos track.

Do you think it has got worse on the Emperor server? I know we had some start line wobbles on SGP but nothing in race as bad as last night.

But as you asked Carsten.....................

My machine ( I don't know much about all this stuff,:geek: just know it works...for now:cautious:).

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
Upgraded to 32GB RAM
GPU Nvida GTX1080
Internet is hard wired into router.
Running 27inch MSI triple screens 144mhz.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back