AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Daytona, Wed 8th February 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
The biggest "cut" I'm trying to avoid is having all 4 wheels on the dirt leaving the bus stop. If you do that you gain lots of time. 2 wheels out though, driven right can get you similar times.
Yes, that one! Also, when you screw up that chicane entry, sliding across that exit part happens to me sometimes, but with that I absolutely don’t gain time :roflmao:

Last edited:
Got a little bit more practise in, I think I have T1 down now :p

Entry T1 small.PNG

might also help entering the Busstop ( a little hot:rolleyes:)

Last edited:
I learned this year during the Rolex 24 that it's not the "bus stop" anymore :( it's technically called the "Le Mans Chicane" and Le Mans now has the "Daytona Chicane" :O_o::roflmao:

In a joint announcement, IMSA, Daytona International Speedway and the ACO have announced new names for iconic turns at their iconic tracks, each intended to honor the other. The first chicane on the Mulsanne Straight at the Circuit de la Sarthe will be named the Daytona Chicane. The series of turns formerly known as the Bus Stop at Daytona International Raceway becomes the Le Mans Chicane. The new names are intended to honor the stability agreements and convergence in the top category of prototype racing. The curbs in the newly named Le Mans Chicane been painted alternating blue and yellow to mark the partnership and the curbs in the Daytona Chicane will be painted the same way.
Still the bus stop to me :)

Last edited:
Yes, that one! Also, when you screw up that chicane entry, sliding across that exit part happens to me sometimes, but with that I absolutely don’t gain time :roflmao:
Oooh... I did gain time! Only, i was not facing forward or going straight anymore... it was a "short-lived advantage". :D

But I agree on track limits... especially that chicane exit. The last long left turn from the infield into the outer track I don't mind. That one is a gamble.

Last edited:
A yo yo of a race for me. Sorry for that contact early Jari, tried to stay inside the turn and couldn't stay much tighter. Tried to wait, but maybe you're not on discord? After that, thanks to the large grid, I was quickly back in a group. Had some good laps with Raul and Thomas until Raul sadly took a tire wall head on :confused: leaving me and thomas on our own until about midway through kimi and allan joined after pitting, and Jari caught up. Unfortunately second lap round all 5 of us got tight onto the oval and down the back straight I got turned into the wall and performed my own Daytona 500 audition :confused::laugh:

Got back at it and set some new pb's without a draft :cool::p while chasing down Raul and finishing the race at Pauls passenger side door :D

Thank you all for joining, a track like this deserves to have a 20+ car grid :)

Last edited:
Good race for me, I had resigned myself to my place, especially if luck was with me, which it was. I was going to overtake Allan and Andre, but decided it was too tricky, it looked pretty obvious that they were going to help me past, so I just bided my time. Jason coming off as well got sorted in the mix.:)
Jason was quicker, so I just used him as a hare and kept the gap as reasonable as I could.
So next thing was Jason off, he was a lucky lad, the car was right in the middle of the fast first corner, and I had no option but to park up behind and follow, he had quite a few overtake chances, so the last few laps were quite interesting. Especially the bus stop on the last lap. So I am sorry about that Jason, I assumed as you were next to me going into the bus stop, I thought i had no option but to guess the space you needed and maintain as much speed as i could, i don't think he was happy that i understeered right over the grass. If I had known he had backed out, things would have been different, sorry.
Great event Han and well-done podiums, great turnout, to be blunt I actually prefer it when the Mazdas are on equal terms, then we can race each other. ( did I really say that ):confused:

Thanks all for racing. I hope you had fun.
My race was quite boring, cruising in 3rd, not able to go faster. But at least I didn't make a big mistake and stayed on track the whole race.

Sorry for the time mismatch. This was the 1st time I used my desktop browser to configure the event. Before that I logged on to the RD server and use the browser there. The systemclock on the RD server is at British time so I configure it to start an hour earlier. But via my own browser it is using the systemtime of my desktop which is an hour later.
I discovered this when I wanted to practice and qually was already started. Anyway, I know what to do now.

Congrats to the podium. Next week something special and quite difficult to learn the track so start in time with practice.

Congrats to the podium!
See you next week on track and maybe also in the second pre-championship race on Thursday with the Formula Agile for some F1 like experience: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...e-nurnburgring-thu-16th-february-2023.255123/

Had time on my hands last week so spent many hours practising the track and was pretty pleased with my progress. Qualified 12th, largely thanks to a helpful draft that gave me my best ever lap time).

Survived the first lap without any mishaps (its crowded nearer the front) then get caught up on T1 of the second lap when two guys in front of me spun out and left me nowhere to go sending me way to the back.

Got into a rhythm, chased down the back markers and had great fun doing it returning to mid-pack smashing through my PB a couple of times without the help of a draft.

Had a mishap with Steve Haywood that spun him out so waited for him to catch up and pass then had some great close racing with him for the rest of the session.

Steve seems my replay only recorded the last minute of the race so I couldn't review what happened, If it was my fault sorry, if it was your fault who cares I enjoyed our battle to the end and finished with a smile on my face.

Thanks for the racing everyone, see you next week.

Superbe course!

Encore merci pour l'organisation et les résultats c'est vraiment super super !

Le fair-play était super beaucoup de sport c'était cool

Pour ma part j'ai fait une superbe remontée de 10 places dans les trois premiers tours et de 15 places jusque à la moitié de la course pour être en 5e position mais j'ai fait une petite erreur voire même une très grosse en pensant qu'il fallait absolument changer les pneus

Évidemment je me suis vite rendu compte qu'il ne fallait pas le faire mais il était trop tard donc j'ai entamé une remontée fantastique sans fin

j'ai vraiment adoré même si j'aurais pu finir 3e MX5 et 7e à l'owerall

Même si la piste était très roulante j'ai adoré et avoir 26 voitures sur la grille c'était génial on ne sait pas ennuyer une seule seconde