AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Daytona, Wed 8th February 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
It is quite stressed with so many cars arround. I am sure you understand was not my intention

This was a very busy race with lots of action so it was a tricky one to navigate for everyone, regardless of experience.

Don't worry so much about the overtaking cars under blue flags, it's their job to get past. Generally you should stick to the racing line or move aside on a straight (as long as you do it early enough that it's clear what you are doing).

Hi Domenic, I really enjoy that fights.

Sorry for that Carsten, I tryed to move out but hit the wall and going back dowm. It is quite stressed with so many cars arround. I am sure you understand was not my intention
The stress of being surrounded by other cars is very real. One think I did/do to get more comfortable around other cars is to race the AI but give them the same courtesy you would one of us. I start at the back of the grid and race, if the AI run away I lower their skill level until I can keep up and fight my way up the pack. Its a great way to practise following other cars, anticipating when they will brake and overtaking cleanly. Its worth a couple of AI races ahead of the real race just to get a feel for the track with other cars on it.

The stress around racing real people doesn't go away but as you become more confident it becomes more fun and challenging. From the posts above you can see the aliens make plenty of mistakes too. If/when it happen review the replay and see what you could of done differently to avoid it, if even you think its the other guys fault what action could you of taken to keep yourself alive.

That was a lively race, and man I WAS BAD.:cry:

A few laps later I must have scared the living Bejeesus out of Jose when I suddenly appeared alongside in the Busstop, again completely different rythm between the two of us.
This time we could resolve the issue without crash.
Damn, sometimes it shows that English is not my native tongue :(

What I meant to type was:

Jose, sorry for the scare, it was not my intention to divebomb you.
And thank you for beaming out of the way and therefore avoiding the crash.

The mistake was mine, completely misjudged the situation.

No worries, it's happens. We'll put the blame on Jim :p
5 of us going into the oval was always going to be tight :thumbsup:

Maybe it was a consequence of so much drafting and close racing, which we normally don't have as much, but I also saw more "lagging" then other races. Almost found myself in Thomas's trunk once while trying to get a good run into the straight :confused:
Yes that was super strange. I was full throttle and suddenly you warped forward nearly hitting my rear. Never saw it that drastic before as it was only one short warp. Glad it didn't take out any or both of us. Was nice racing by the way.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea