HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
1689873804733-png.681571

1689873993762-png.681573

A46D0054.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Today another fictional track from Australia. It's a conversion of a GTR2 track by @shin956 .
It has a nice flow with high speed corners and some tricky slow turns. It's relatively shirt so quite easy to learn.

1702584547503.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/939eccef-a6f6-4f28-8a1b-8376e37a8fcd?server=0 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 1 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.

Event details:

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Is there anything you have to atone for??

These narrow, offcamber corners must be torture for the Abarthinations.

And what is it with you and the "walled in" tracks?
Are you sponsored by Elon´s Boring Company??

Meep Meep.PNG

Last edited:
For tomorrow I have a Christmas party at the office that will most likely continue into the evening so chances are I will miss the event.
IF I do end up making it on time then I'll join for what looks like quite a fun track.
Good luck!

- Ricardo

Ah, bummer there were so many server issues. Hope it's a fixable thing.

Qualied with a PB, P3 on this small grid. Heart rate way up at the start, since there were chances passing the snail starting Swifts. But, again, choose the wrong side, couldn't pass in the middle, should have done what Jari did behind me, staying left side. So, closed myself in between two swifts and two mazda's flying by... at that point I was like: don't hit others, don't hit others, so I must have been way to slow there, Steve tried to help me a little bump drafting :cool: , but shifting back to first (!!why the f did I do that??) didn't help, so again, Steve to the rescue, helping me forward a little. thank you Steve :p:p. Anyway, completely lost sanity at that point and I screwed up the corkscrew and later did a pirouette at the back of the track. Well... Bouke at his best again, eager to drop to last position.... I promised myself NOT to crash tonight, but that was too much to wish for.

Whispered some dirty words, took a deep breath and put my head down again. Slowly started to build to a steady pace, improving lap after lap at some point, hitting PB's at some point like as if I knew what I was doing :cool: . Rico and I were at kinda same pace, but still a few seconds apart, great chase and defend over a certain distance.

Server errors shook up the entire race and took out some drivers of an allready small group tonight.

In the end Ernie and Jason were closing in fast and it was great to see them racing in the mirrors and I let them by at some point, nice to follow their battles. I heard they had the server crash in the final lap. Undecided podium or Ernie in first place?

Thanks Han and everybody showing up tonight!

Last edited:

Attachments

• 1703109054211.png
    1703109054211.png
    82.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Sorry guys for the server problems! I've reported it and ask to find the cause.

The results are registered though:View attachment 715021
So congrats Ernie with a great race. And also Bouke for the win in the Mazda class!

Next week Fonteny: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...-round-fonteny-wed-27th-december-2023.266673/

What a great race to end this year!
results are not right, jaari and Rico were in front of me at server crash, can you change that manually Han?

Last edited:
...or delete/don't count this one because of server errors? (I don't want points I didn't earn :) and others were kicked off entirely )

Last edited:
Han

can I make a wish, please :inlove:

let´s do a different kind of track next week, something nicely flowing with long WOT passages, no 2.gear corners, nice landscape, something longer where even a mediocre sim racer like me can get comfortably (cough,cough) into 6digit lap times??

And should it be in France, that would be heaven :cool:

savoir vivre.PNG

Last edited:
Let's just agree to forget about this race, shall we?

I had some fun in the first part of the race with Steve following me. He said he had just 2 laps of practice but I just couldn't grow a gap between us.
So then The Thing happened and I saw Steve diving like a mad man into the corkscrew so I had to avoid him. He went into the grass and I was sure he just lost connection. A couple of seconds later he appeared right infront of me! Later on he completely lost connection and had to rejoin which definitely ended our fight.

The other battle I had was with Bouke. He was some 7 seconds in front of me and we were going at pretty much the same pace until he must've found he could press the throttle down a couple more centimeters as he was just flying through the corners and growing the gap by at least a second each lap.
Bummed out I couldn't catch up and there was noone around me anymore, I just wished the race was over. I wasn't aware Bouke still had to pit, so when he called it out there was a boost of motivation as there might still be a fight to be had after he came out. With his pace I was sure he was going to overtake me in the last 2 laps, but it seems his engineers fixed his "throttle issue" in my favor as we were going around at the same pace-ish after. :p

Ernie and Jason approached fast and were on me right before the last righthander. Coming out of the previous corner, I moved to the right to give some room but then realised the Mazdas are faster on the straight, so I moved back on the line and tried to take the righthander as wide as possible, giving room to the guys. It must've looked really clumsy from Ernie's perspective, but I hope I didn't distract him too much.

The Thing part 2 happened and everyone crashed out of the server. The end.

Hope to see you guys later tonight or else next week at Fonteny!

PS: The trouble we had might not just be an emperor issue. When I tried going to the forum last night it had some trouble loading. I checked it with https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ and it looks like it wasn't just me.

i3D's Rotterdam data centre had major issues tonight, so I imagine that you were unlucky enough to be racing at that time. The main forum site was also almost entirely unreachable for a good while, at least from some parts of the world...
Guys,

It looks that we were unlucky to be racing at that time!
But I'm happy that our servers/Emperor aren't the cause!

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea