AC FAT-ALFIE championship multiclass final round@Fonteny, Wed 27th December 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
2008-15070-fiat-500-abarth-assetto-corse1.jpg

Mazda-Cup-Car-Review-gear-patrol-slide-1.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

In the last round of the @Fat-Alfie championship we're going to the longest track of David, Fonteny. It has literally everything that a racetrack can have. And again the scenery is beautiful.

THIS TRACK IS 25km LONG SO DON'T WAIT TOO LONG WITH PRACTICING!

1703108771803.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/4bf13571-b8c7-42dc-a54f-d86391335f89?server=0 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 1 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CET, 20:05 BST (20:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20:30 BST (20:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.

Event details:

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Ok than,

dear Abarthinationists, as the "Girly Car Wranglers" are comfortably (cough, cough) in the six figure laptimes and there are sooo many "turbo cheat" "almost straights", should we pack for a 7lap race?

Ok than,

dear Abarthinationists, as the "Girly Car Wranglers" are comfortably (cough, cough) in the six figure laptimes and there are sooo many "turbo cheat" "almost straights", should we pack for a 7lap race?
Yes, I think with an alien in the Abarth we will have a 7 lap race. But my PB with the Mazda is 3s faster than my PB with the Abarth so I guess Allan will be evenso fast enough for a 7th lap.

@HF2000 Han and all, as Jason suggested in the Classic Fat Alfie Championship thread, should we combine the practice and qualy minutes to make it one big qualy? In that way we have a couple more laps to try to avoid some very annoying track limits and get a decent AND valid time on the boards :cool:

Actually I´d like to put out an opposing standpoint:

the track limits are only annoying when you "try to cut corners" (SCNR, :roflmao:)

In my opinion it´s on the driver to decide whether he/she/it goes "full frontal attack" for the best position on the grid or "plays the long game" for the expected "race of attrition"
it´s an endurance race so tactics and strategy are part of the game.;)

I vote "nay"

Last edited:
Actually I´d like to put out an opposing standpoint:

the track limits are only annoying when you "try to cut corners" (SCNR, :roflmao:)

In my opinion it´s on the driver to decide wehether he/she/it goes "full frontal attack" for the best position on the grid or "plays the long game" for the expected "race of attrition"
it´s an endurance race so tactics and stragey are part of the game.;)

I vote "nay"
I agree with Carsten. Calculated risks are part of the game.

You guys gotta stop going faster every single day. How do you expect me to catch up like this?! A 9:45 Allan, really? I have no words.

Honestly though, that's inspiring stuff. :) (Now just stop before I lose my sanity, please :p)
You gotta stop comparing yourself to "friggin´Aliens"
That´s not healthy.:cry:

(and most of us wouldn´t get there if they quit their job and kicked the family out.
So "follow and be happy" :notworthy:)

(BTW, there´s a Gentleman´s agreement not to post lap times here to not scare off people like us. May I suggest that you "X" out the frustrating number after the , )

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware we weren't supposed to post lap times.

I don't really mind though. Seeing fast lap times works more like a motivator for me. Although I do see why some people might get nervous or demotivated.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.