Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
1689873804733-png.681571

1689873993762-png.681573

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

The last Wednesday of the Month is reserved for tracks chosen by you.
For September it's Watkins Glen Boot.

For this event we will be using the 12x time multiplier and a starttime of 08.00 AM so we will have dawn to dusk migration in the race. It's a test to see if we want to use this format also for the upcoming Fat-Alfie championship. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CSP WITH WEATHERFX activated.
Use SOL or Default as Weather Script in the WeatherFX settings

1695243676410.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/f1a4f789-f306-4bd7-9466-ce2334fa4106?server=0 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 1 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.

Event details:

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Attachments

• 1695243659497.png
    1695243659497.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 34
Just had a blast in the Abarth,but practice was in darkness??Is it going to be a night race??
From the 1st post!

For this event we will be using the 12x time multiplier and a starttime of 08.00 AM so we will have dawn to dusk migration in the race. It's a test to see if we want to use this format also for the upcoming Fat-Alfie championship. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CSP WITH WEATHERFX activated.

The practice starts at the fictive time of 08.00 AM at 20th December 2023 and end at 08.00 PM. So it could be that it starts quite dark but it should become light afterwards.
If not then you have probably not the settings like above.

It looks great, but one thing I'm noticing on my PC with the 12hr vs 24hr is the sunrise/sunset transition is longer which dropping very fps a lot (70-80fps vs 30).

I need to play with some settings not, but I'm leaning towards just leaving the fat Alfie championship during the day. We already have crashes at the start there, couldn't imagine darkness would make it better lol.

From the 1st post!

The practice starts at the fictive time of 08.00 AM at 20th December 2023 and end at 08.00 PM. So it could be that it starts quite dark but it should become light afterwards.
If not then you have probably not the settings like above.

karen 2.PNG

SCNR :roflmao:

Strange! It worked for me. Anyone else having darkness all the way?
When I went into the server, time was 22:20. Now it was 4:00 in the morning. Practice session is 2 hrs, so maybe it starts at 8:00 in the morning and ends the next morning at 8:00?

EDIT: I waited to the end of the session, and time was 07.34 AM on December 21st when the session ended, and then the next session started correctly at 08.00 AM on December 20th.

Last edited:
When I went into the server, time was 22:20. Now it was 4:00 in the morning. Practice session is 2 hrs, so maybe it starts at 8:00 in the morning and ends the next morning at 8:00?

EDIT: I waited to the end of the session, and time was 07.34 AM on December 21st when the session ended, and then the next session started correctly at 08.00 AM on December 20th.
It's an 12hour race simulation from 8.00 AM until 8.00 PM

It's an 12hour race simulation from 8.00 AM until 8.00 PM
That would be correct for race session which is 60 minutes.
But the looping practice sessions are 2 hours, and since they have the same 12x time multiplier they actually have a 24 hour simulation now (approximately).

Last edited:
That would be correct for race session which is 60 minutes.
But the looping practice sessions are 2 hours, and since they have the same 12x time multiplier they actually have a 24 hour simulation now (approximately).
Ah you are right! I didn't think of that. That might be the reason @Allan Ramsbottom got to drive in the dark.

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 131 85.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 53 34.6%