AC Multiclass Abarth 500/Mazda MX5@Watkins Glen Boot, Wed 27th September 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Some may have noticed I was not on my usual drive. Well, last race I got really fed up with the understeer so I sold it and bought a light Japanese mean green machine.

Congratulations, a good choice, Sir :cool:
So for the next races, including the Fat-Alfie championship I will be drifting around in a Mazda instead. Wish me luck! :roflmao:

- Ricardo S

Luck?

Screenshot 2023-09-28 at 17-46-23 back to the future doc brown at DuckDuckGo.png

With your new car you don´t need no luck, Ricardo ! :p

These races just keep getting better! Thanks to all the people who voted this the track of the month and to Han for organizing the race. It's so flowy and rewarding when you get the corners just right.

This track also made me understand the Abarth meme. I think I was stuck behind an Abarth 90% of the race, constantly seeing them disappear on the straights and catching up to them in the corners. It taught me so much about racing and experimenting with different lines when trying to overtake.

I was quite careful during the first half of the race, not wanting to ruin anyone's race and just focusing on being consistent. After a while I realized I had to take more risks if I ever wanted to overtake an Abarth. I'm happy to say I did a couple of times, while not being involved in any incidents.

It was another race, another fight with Han. This time I could keep up with him, but couldn't overtake and keep the position.

Also had some very enjoyable fights with Bouke (the only other Mazda I fought with, thanks for the sanity check!), Paul and Mika. Too bad the race ended when it did because at the finish line I saw 3 guys coming up to Han and me. Would've been great fun to see 5 guys fight for one position.

Congrats to the podium and on to the next one!

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 138 86.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 16.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 20 12.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 49 30.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 56 35.0%