Mountain Route

Tracks Mountain Route 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I just discovered this track. What a joy!! Graphically very good. That ambience of the surroundings is very immersive. Thanks!!

One suggestion for a future update: maybe the water less turquoise blue-lagoon.

I think you really nailed it with this track. Great job!
Thanks, glad you're enjoing the track. Don't know yet, but maybe I will work on it, and also use different textures for waterfalls, river and lakes.

Saying "performance of this version is bad" don't do it justice. It's neck and neck with LA Canyons and a little heavier than Fonteny or Nordschleife.
I'm playing with 3 monitors and sometimes get framedrops which I don't have with lac or fonteny. Maybe saying "The performance is bad" is not the best expression but its definately heavy for a AC track.

VR user here (so very sensitive to framedrops) and I havn't noticed any (90 mini); tried with my best looking setting even it's not on par with what you can get on a screen
Scenary is awesome! Took the Sunbeam and had all the time to appreciate the great work.
I only feel it lacks of sounds reverb sometimes...
Nice to hear that its running smooth with VR.

170fps on kunos tracks with that specs

I suppose you meant my stats so to expand the topic a little - I aim for vsync at 50 Hz and butter smooth movement of the scene which it does both on Kunos and mod tracks. Very easy on the eyes and saves money on the bills too. No lag that I can detect between wheel input and TV picture.

I think the density of trees is just right - it is what creates the unique sense of depth in many parts of the course and it should not be changed near the road. The tree walls can improve performance but it's nigh impossible to keep that feel on the road. Maybe only distant trees can be safely swapped for tree walls or bigger Y-meshes with a group of trees instead of singles.

Attachments

• far_trees_crop.jpg
    far_trees_crop.jpg
    831.4 KB · Views: 97
Hi,
Don't know if it has been reported but I got constant flickering on some textures over the track, including the LCDs of the dashboard of my car.
CSP 0.1.61, no grass fx track

got constant flickering on some textures

Shaking on big tracks with roads going further than 8km from the point of origin - float rounding errors.

It affects both rendering and FFB and is weaker on one side of this loop and stronger on the other which makes driving additionally involving. Although possible to make it much smoother and even for this track by translating all objects, I vote against. Like "Glencoe" - removing the shakes loses it`s soul. Bumpy roads is what I usually find going in the mountains by car.

Flickering depends on how close are some overlapping different textures - some dashes flicker more, others not at all. Most of the Kunos cars are better at dash textures than the mods.

Attachments

• shakes3.jpg
    shakes3.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Anybody who is interested to observe the appearing and progression of shakes while driving can use the Test Pad in practice mode from the pits. The car is spawned exactly in the point of origin and has 0 shaking but as you drive away on the 9 km long road (the open one, not the tunnel) you may see how the magnitude of the errors increases. After 6 km the flickering and FFB pops are clearly present and just before reaching 8 km they really start to mess with the experience. If driving slowly (~20-30 kph) the FFB gives a good indication how strong are the shakes at any given distance.

Last edited:
Having trouble after I paste the files in. I go to select the track and hit the arrows, and the game crashes right when it gets to mountainroad alphabetically. I put in the shader mod as well. And when I delete the track's folder it doesn't crash anymore. Any advice?

Having trouble after I paste the files in. I go to select the track and hit the arrows, and the game crashes right when it gets to mountainroad alphabetically. I put in the shader mod as well. And when I delete the track's folder it doesn't crash anymore. Any advice?
Thanks for the report. I was able to recreate that error. It is a out of memory error, it seems my images for the UI are too large. I've renamed the outline, outline_cropped and preview file for each layout in the track's UI folder and the error disappeared. You could do that as well or try type "Mountain Route" in the search field, that helped me also to avoid the error. Or you can use Content Manager to load the track, but I will fix this with a future release.

Last edited:
Try this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MOwSWV5PL9V6gaIXh33a9NeUhL06fjr8/view?usp=sharing
It contains the ui images with smaller file sizes, this fixed it for me. Just unzip it into the Mountain Route track folder and overwrite the files.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back