Mountain Route

Tracks Mountain Route 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey there, congratulation for the update, much better since the last time I tried it, truly a gem. Still, some details maybe are a little ugly, like the 'symmetrical' disposition of some flowers and the net separation between asphalt and soil/grass textures, but just small things.

Last thing, have you thought about a clean sightseeing layout without barriers, chicane, and other 'racing' stuff (or funny things like the ramp)? They break the immersion a bit in my opinion, and this track is simply wonderful to wander around, it gives such pleasant 'nature' feeling.

Great update, been one of my favourite tracks since downloading last year so thanks.

I've made some basic AI lines for each layout and just tested following an AI Lamborghini Gallardo with reasonable results. As this is one of my favourite tracks I'm tempted in the next days to work on it, add side lines with the AI helper, add some hints at some of the problem sections and then optimise the fast lane AI. The route is too narrow for traditional racing but was really good fun just following one car and having some company on the route at speed.

To avoid any complication or duplication, have you started on AI at all or do you have any issue with me working on it and sending you something to include in an update when I'm happy with it? Once there's a decent AI route then cameras can be added and that would be a huge bonus for the feel of the track.

Hi

i love your tracks but IA miss :(

i wait for notes because this tracks value is 5 star when IA comes , you make fantastics jobs :)
congratulations !!

yves

Glad you're enjoying the track. I will include the AI as soon as I got one.

Thank you very much for this fantastic road.
The performance with Rift s is better with 0.9. In 0.91 I have a lot of ASW.

You're welcome. I know about the bad performance, but there is no quick way to fix this unfortunately. I'm planning optimization for a future version.

Hey there, congratulation for the update, much better since the last time I tried it, truly a gem. Still, some details maybe are a little ugly, like the 'symmetrical' disposition of some flowers and the net separation between asphalt and soil/grass textures, but just small things.

Last thing, have you thought about a clean sightseeing layout without barriers, chicane, and other 'racing' stuff (or funny things like the ramp)? They break the immersion a bit in my opinion, and this track is simply wonderful to wander around, it gives such pleasant 'nature' feeling.

I will work on this track to improve the visuals. Maybe in the future I can create some custom objects for this track and get rid of the RTB stuff.

Great update, been one of my favourite tracks since downloading last year so thanks.

I've made some basic AI lines for each layout and just tested following an AI Lamborghini Gallardo with reasonable results. As this is one of my favourite tracks I'm tempted in the next days to work on it, add side lines with the AI helper, add some hints at some of the problem sections and then optimise the fast lane AI. The route is too narrow for traditional racing but was really good fun just following one car and having some company on the route at speed.

To avoid any complication or duplication, have you started on AI at all or do you have any issue with me working on it and sending you something to include in an update when I'm happy with it? Once there's a decent AI route then cameras can be added and that would be a huge bonus for the feel of the track.

An AI would be awesome. If you got one, I will of course include it in the track. I got no experience with building AIs so far.

It's runs soo poorly on a low-end PC :/ I hate it 15 fps only while I get 60/70 fps on Kunos Tracks
I'm sorry you can't play it. Look out for the next versions.

Good job on the update. Almost all shadows are alright but they need to be all fixed up if the scene is to be proper. On the big objects of the terrain "ksAlphaRef=1" and the objects "casts shadow" needs correction or the many new trees have their shadows suspended in nothingness. The models for the grids ("mountainroute_v09_StartFin_full.kn5", etc.) are wasting storage space because the objects have assigned "Background" material and all the textures for that are packed in each model repeatedly. Changing the material to some "ksPerPixel" with smallest texture can fix this.

I like the new terrain, CSP grass and the Stereo-water. The white mountains need a change of shader to ksPerPixel

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS=SkyMAT
SHADER=ksPerPixel

or fitting Normal map texture to correct the horizontal bumps that are now giving out the funnel trick. I made the skytexNM.dds that can help if placed in "\content\tracks\mountainroute_v091\skins\default\".

The trees are too dark-bright because of the high "ksDiffuse" on them. Try

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
MATERIALS=Australia31,
KEY_0=ksSpecular
VALUE_0=0.0
KEY_1=ksAmbient
VALUE_1=0.29
KEY_2=ksDiffuse
VALUE_2=0.04

and control how bright they come first with indirect lighting (sun just under the horizon) and "ksAmbient", then in strong sunlight with "ksDiffuse" and lastly "ksSpecular".

To understand what happens with the changes have your shadows settings in a way that shows the clearest picture. I'm currently with CSP 0.1.52 and
CSP sha.jpg

Greetings and thank you!

Attachments

• alr3.jpg
    alr3.jpg
    801 KB · Views: 121
  • alr2.jpg
    alr2.jpg
    880.9 KB · Views: 117
  • alr1.jpg
    alr1.jpg
    698.7 KB · Views: 137
  • alr4.jpg
    alr4.jpg
    640 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Hi and thanks again for your hints. I will check the issues you mentioned and include this for the next release. I didn't know that you can change the colour variation of the trees, that changes a lot.

Cheers

that changes a lot

You can make easy adjustments of many variables in the same "ext_config.ini" where the lights are now. If yours CSP settings are
csp conf.jpg

each time you save some change in the config that will show up immediately in the scene. That way you can achieve the best possible compromise with the different light conditions using the Sol controller to move the clock, weather and seasons.

Speaking of lights - if you wish to make those active only after sundown you need to add to each paragraph "[LIGHT_****]"

CONDITION=NIGHT_SMOOTH

For better understanding of the possibilities with configs take time to read

schz updated Mountain Route with a new update entry:

Mountain Route v1.0

- new roadedge texture
- reworked some trackside textures
- added AI
- added cameras
- adjusted colours, the track works now better with all SOL light conditions
- new grassFX config with custom texture template
- added separate layouts for the 3D grass
- fixed all shadow issues
- the full layout is now a circuit instead of an A to B track (was necessary for the AI)
- added missing normal map to the background image

Read the rest of this update entry...

I just discovered this track. What a joy!! Graphically very good. That ambience of the surroundings is very immersive. Thanks!!

One suggestion for a future update: maybe the water less turquoise blue-lagoon.

I think you really nailed it with this track. Great job!

for a future update: maybe the water less turquoise blue-lagoon

For a different colors of water try paste into "..\content\tracks\mountainroute\extension\ext_config.ini"
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = ?Water?,
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.1
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, -0.01
PROP_... = nmObjectSpace, 1

MR water.jpg

Saying "performance of this version is bad" don't do it justice. It's neck and neck with LA Canyons and a little heavier than Fonteny or Nordschleife. Users with less or 3 GB graphics should mind that loading of more than 16 different cars makes the game laggy on each of the aforementioned tracks. Sol 2d clouds take a good 500 MB of memory too.

MR perf plus no CSP-.jpg

LAC 1.2
LAC perf no CSP.jpg

Fonteny 1.1
Fonteny perf no CSP.jpg

Nords
Nords perf no CSP.jpg

Thanks for the great track!

Last edited:
For a different colors of water try paste into "..\content\tracks\mountainroute\extension\ext_config.ini"
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = ?Water?,
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.1
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, -0.01
PROP_... = nmObjectSpace, 1

View attachment 382571

Saying "performance of this version is bad" don't do it justice. It's neck and neck with LA Canyons and a little heavier than Fonteny or Nordschleife. Users with less or 3 GB graphics should mind that loading of more than 16 different cars makes the game laggy on each of the aforementioned tracks. Sol 2d clouds take a good 500 MB of memory too.

Thanks for the great track!
Thanks for your suggestion. Will try that.

Agree what you wrote with regards to performance. Also this track performance already very good around 75FPS on my system and indeed on par with LAC, Nords etc. Yep as described in previous posts it has some FPS gaps <40FPS around the three mountains.

What's the difference between the standard full and the plus layout? From a FPS point of view they perform the same and both are eye candy :thumbsup:

Last edited:
VR user here (so very sensitive to framedrops) and I havn't noticed any (90 mini); tried with my best looking setting even it's not on par with what you can get on a screen
Scenary is awesome! Took the Sunbeam and had all the time to appreciate the great work.
I only feel it lacks of sounds reverb sometimes...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back