DiRT Rally 2.0 More DiRT Rally 2.0 Details Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Following the surprise announcement of DiRT Rally 2.0, Codemasters have been quick out of the blocks with a brand new screenshot reveal and DR 2.0 Roadbook post!

Although not able to reveal much thanks to an embargo in place until Monday October 1st, Codemasters have still confirmed that many of the 2018 World Rallycross tracks will be available within the title right from the off, with no less than eight locations coming as default content and more set to follow as DLC post launch.

Of the World Rallycross content we know of, Catalunya, Montalegre, Mettet, Silverstone, Hell, Holjes, Trois-Rivieres and Loheac will be included from launch on September 26th. Representing the first eight rounds of the 2018 WRX season, Codemasters have promised more events will be coming to the game at a later stage. Presumably the four remaining events at Riga, COTA, Estering and Cape Town will be up for grabs as DLC, however more details should be announced on the build up to public release next February.

Also confirmed in the roadbook today are some of the more traditional point to point rally locations, with New Zealand, Argentina, Poland, Spain, USA, and Australia all set to make an appearance.

DiRT Rally 2.0 2.jpg
DiRT Rally 2.0 1.jpg

DiRT Rally 2.0 will release February 26th 2019.

If you want to discussion the game with our passionate community, and read about the latest news, check out the RaceDepartment DiRT Rally 2.0 Sub Forum for a great place to pick up mods, catch the latest news and chat about the game with our community. Give it a go, just keep it DiRTy!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

They're all legit, but exaggerated and condensed for the sake of gameplay. DR was basically a greatest-hits compilation of recognizable and ridiculously tough rally locales, with most of the speed sections (bar Finland) cut in favor of lots and lots of technical sections.
Any example of what is "exaggerated and condensed" or "cut in favor of lots and lots of technical sections"? As far as I know, apart from some things like removed ditches in Finland and slightly widened roads there as well, they are pretty much 1:1 representations of real life stages. You can even run through some of them on Google Maps and see they're pretty much accurate, or you can also drive them in Sebastien Loeb Rally which also presents their versions of many real life stages. And there are also some real-life onboard videos on YouTube.

How can a grown man be begging and crying like a toddler, when in fact he is a grown man and not a infant or a toddler. That's got me thinking.

How can Codemasters be listening to demand if no VR will be implemented or supported?

Because if you read the article on US Gamer, under the heading that says NO VR PLANNED it also states that codemasters are listening to demand. Which I pointed out in the video too.
If you go to the dirt rally 2 forums I believe there is a petition for people to speak out and request VR. You can find it yourself or I’ll post it after my 14 hour shift today

It's also worth remembering, that a total of 0.74% of Steam users have VR (and that includes Windows Mixed Reality, some obscure Huawei thingy etc.). Of those 0.74% not everyone has it for use in racing games. That's a very little part of users.
While VR is awesome, it's far from mainstream.

I've seen this on FaceBook if anyone is interested? - https://www.change.org/p/novrnobuy-...d-vr-support-for-dirt-rally-2-0-on-pc-and-ps4

I've signed it from a personal POV, however I need to stress this isn't supported officially by RD, it's just what someone has done that I've found on the net. I've put it on our twitter account, and feel free to sign it if you wish and share it widely.. ;)

Again, this is in no way from or endorsed by RD...

I understand some of you might not be into RX, but all the screaming i don't want to pay for that... offcourse codies are going to include RX. They want to build their esports championship. Loads of people bought wrc 07 to enter the rally championship. Or at least it was part of i'll try the game. And it build hype for the game after release.
I haven't driven all the cars in DR and D4... so they could remove the quattro to cheapen the game for me, no?
In DR with so little tracks i had no interest really in RX. But in D4 with Loheac and montalegre it is more fun to run the chamionship. Even though the AI isn't the best.
I think splitting the games into rally and RX game would not be benificial for the esports championship. Some people might have a go at the qualify for RX champ even when they are not really into it. Those people would not buy the RX game. And with all the RX tracks it might be really good and fun to run.

Something something WRC, something something FIA, something something keeping good relations.
No WRC-stages, no modern WRC cars. The stages themselves aren't FIA-copyrighted, but I guess it's a better approach to try to keep as good as a relationship as possible with the FIA. Who knows, maybe they'll be able to get the WRC license cheaper in the future.
Then I'd suggest roads in Karelia, Russia. They are as challenging as Finnish (maybe more bumpy) and the variations of landscape are huge. From Finland-alike south-west part of Karelia with beautiful rock islands in Ladoga lake, to very Norway or Iceland-alike mountains on the north-east part, near the White Sea.
Where's their suggestion box?

Oh and it has 597 people signed so far
So 600+ now, but it is a freaking internet petition. Those always work:roflmao:

How many DR copies were sold across PC and consoles? From a business perspective do they really care if they piss off a couple of thousand compared to several hundred thousand that will buy without VR? I love VR and find it a better way to race. But it is a financial decision for them, and to them the few tens of thousands of $ in lost sales may be less than the cost to add the feature.

And just as it may be a business decision for them not to include VR, it likewise is a business decision for me to either not buy or wait for the inevitable $10-$15 price a year later. But you won't see me pay full price for non-VR titles anymore.

I understand some of you might not be into RX, but all the screaming i don't want to pay for that... offcourse codies are going to include RX. They want to build their esports championship. Loads of people bought wrc 07 to enter the rally championship. Or at least it was part of i'll try the game. And it build hype for the game after release.
I haven't driven all the cars in DR and D4... so they could remove the quattro to cheapen the game for me, no?
In DR with so little tracks i had no interest really in RX. But in D4 with Loheac and montalegre it is more fun to run the chamionship. Even though the AI isn't the best.
I think splitting the games into rally and RX game would not be benificial for the esports championship. Some people might have a go at the qualify for RX champ even when they are not really into it. Those people would not buy the RX game. And with all the RX tracks it might be really good and fun to run.
At least the Quattro does have something to do with rallying. RX doesn't.
Nobody expects GTR 3 to ship with licensed drag racing venues and rules just because "that wouldn't sell well on its own and it also kinda has tarmac and racing", so why am I forced to buy a rally sim bundled with completely irrelevant stuff? Not to mention now they seem to make a focal point out of it? Ridiculous.

I understand some of you might not be into RX, but all the screaming i don't want to pay for that... of course codies are going to include RX. They want to build their esports championship.

To choose not to use your rally content Thomas, in your own rally game - is YOUR choice. Are you with me so far? I don't want/enjoy Rallycross, and racing that AI gives me no "fun" at all. What part of that could you not understand? We may like it if we try it?

Please tell me, I'm prepared to help you.

But, unlike you, who has a choice whether you can enjoy the Audi or not - you are saying that someone like me cannot have that choice? Hell, that's really big of ya lol.

Unlike your comparison, of the odd car you choose not to drive, it's ok for someone else to buy a game and DLC which will amount to getting hours worth of content they'll never use and be forced to buy it. It's easy to say something, when it doesn't affect you right? So if your games increased by 50%, and you could only buy half the titles, you wouldn't care lol.

Please explain to me, as I am a person who doesn't want RX, why does RX Esports even matter to me in my rally game? Go ahead. Codemasters can easily make RX a stand alone product. At least that way, they'd supply a finished game on release. With all the tracks. Surely, if you love RX you would buy a RX full game? You seem to be ok, because you say people are screaming about paying for content, they don't want or need - but it's clear to see this doesn't affect you.

How is you making a choice to not use a provided rally car, the same as someone else's game install having 25-35% of content which they didn't want in their rally title? It's not the same, or close.

Can you also explain to me, how Codemasters on a fixed DiRT Rally dev-cycle, make rallying the best experience it can be, when resources are split between RX and rally? This is not just about the price tag. Why do you feel it is wrong when adults come to expect more from game developers, and dislike the things that devs do that will harm development of specific game elements, like rallying, in a rally game?

It appears on the surface to me, that you clearly don't care. Plus, what you want me to do is not care either. Why just not tell me to walk around and talk just like you. Plus everyone else here at RD do the same as you as well huh. You say you understand we may not be into RX. No you don't. You don't understand at all. You don't have a clue.

If the car you own at present, got lots of new features you didn't want, and increased 30% at the dealership, would you still buy that car? I think not.

I assume you've seen peoples frustration about Codemasters stance on VR? I guess you feel it doesn't matter to them either? You make all your purchasing decisions in your life, based on value. Yet you type in this public arena about people "screaming" about what they deem is good value or not. Are you for real?

Unlike you, I actually don't wish that anyone here at RD - has to pay a single penny more for software than they need to.

There's not enough info about DR2 improvements released yet, that can help everyone determine if £65 is great value. Esp. when compared to the £23 DR1 launched at on Early Access. I understand that's not a fully accurate comparison. On the surface, many can be forgiven for thinking this is looking expensive. One thing I can say, is that if Codemasters think that almost tripling the price, doesn't equate to triple the amount of driving real estate in my mind, then the purchase of DR2 on all 3 platforms for me is unlikely to happen. As a Brit I'd like to continue to support a UK based dev. Previously I have.

On the back of a poor performing D4 launch, I wouldn't expect Codemasters to let so many rally fans down for this release. Maybe I'm worrying over nothing, and the future state of rallying is probably being covered by the Codemasters studio.

Regardless, I look forward to some quality RD content/Codemaster PR. Should DR2 become a non-starter for me, I'll just divert attention elsewhere until hopefully someone like SMS picks up the scent and runs with it.

Exciting times ahead.

@TzZyO You are not forced to buy anything. If you don't like the game and what it includes/what you are paying for, don't buy it. Nobody is forcing you. And if you do end up buying it, you can safely ignore any rallycross content. I spent very little time with rallycross in Dirt Rally myself.

And before you say that you could have more rally content if they wouldn't spend time with the rallycross stuff...no, you couldn't, because they're not making it. There is no alternative game without rallycross that didn't get made because of this one, there's either this or nothing.

@TzZyO You are not forced to buy anything. If you don't like the game and what it includes/what you are paying for, don't buy it. Nobody is forcing you. And if you do end up buying it, you can safely ignore any rallycross content. I spent very little time with rallycross in Dirt Rally myself.

And before you say that you could have more rally content if they wouldn't spend time with the rallycross stuff...no, you couldn't, because they're not making it. There is no alternative game without rallycross that didn't get made because of this one, there's either this or nothing.

Why can't RX be a stand alone product, with SP career, monthly events, leaderboards etc.

If Codemasters believe it is worthy of more content, which they are doing this time around, then they'll be almost at a full Calendar, with a sport that the press say is growing in popularity.

So, if it's all things, to all people, it can become a stand alone title and bolster Codemasters' portfolio.

Why can't RX be a stand alone product, with SP career, monthly events, leaderboards etc.
Because they decided they don't want to make it a standalone product. I'm sure it occurred to them it could be a standalone product, and they decided to not go that route. I'd guess the fact a lot of people liked it like this in previous games played a part in that decision.

That's such an old excuse I'm not even sure why I'm answering that...
The problem is, people like you that cover up for devs' every little whim only reinforce them in thinking they could get away with virtually anything. Bad enough as it is with you not enjoying RX, yet letting them cram it into the product you buy, you are actually telling other people to just shut up and let the developers do as they please. What kind of help are you in this situation? If you don't like something, you absolutely have to make them know that their practices are bad for the product.

RX should be kept separate from rallying. It's not even close to being the same thing. I don't want to pay for all those rally-cross "licensed tracks", I don't care about them in the slightest. Quit with the "don't like it, don't buy it" attitude. We're not getting nearly enough rally sims to be easily able to switch to a different product because of devs trying to sell us what we don't want.

Sure, I might just opt out of purchasing DR2, but who wins from that? Also, what exactly do you gain from opposing me here? Do you even realize you are doing worse for yourself?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.