DiRT Rally 2.0 More DiRT Rally 2.0 Details Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Following the surprise announcement of DiRT Rally 2.0, Codemasters have been quick out of the blocks with a brand new screenshot reveal and DR 2.0 Roadbook post!

Although not able to reveal much thanks to an embargo in place until Monday October 1st, Codemasters have still confirmed that many of the 2018 World Rallycross tracks will be available within the title right from the off, with no less than eight locations coming as default content and more set to follow as DLC post launch.

Of the World Rallycross content we know of, Catalunya, Montalegre, Mettet, Silverstone, Hell, Holjes, Trois-Rivieres and Loheac will be included from launch on September 26th. Representing the first eight rounds of the 2018 WRX season, Codemasters have promised more events will be coming to the game at a later stage. Presumably the four remaining events at Riga, COTA, Estering and Cape Town will be up for grabs as DLC, however more details should be announced on the build up to public release next February.

Also confirmed in the roadbook today are some of the more traditional point to point rally locations, with New Zealand, Argentina, Poland, Spain, USA, and Australia all set to make an appearance.

DiRT Rally 2.0 2.jpg
DiRT Rally 2.0 1.jpg

DiRT Rally 2.0 will release February 26th 2019.

If you want to discussion the game with our passionate community, and read about the latest news, check out the RaceDepartment DiRT Rally 2.0 Sub Forum for a great place to pick up mods, catch the latest news and chat about the game with our community. Give it a go, just keep it DiRTy!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Don't care about rallycross, this is DiRT Rally!!!

In fact, in the original DR it took me a while until I could get started with rallycross races. They are fun for a while, sure, but I wish they weren't such a focal point of the game's sales. The WRX license surely isn't cheap, even if the championship itself is still relatively young. DiRT games have always been multidisciplinary, ever since they stopped calling their games "Colin McRae Rally".

I don't mind having other types of racing as long as they don't compromise the quality of the main experience too much. Landrush races were kinda fun in DiRT 2 with some variety of trucks, but that game was purely infested with the whole "dudebro" thing from the Ken Block era. It seemed fine to me when I was 15, but I don't think it would pass today for me.

I wish Pikes Peak returned though, is not gonna happen because of greedy Polphony. :( I quite enjoyed going up the mountain in DR, at least until I found out how bad the tarmac physics were. Wonder why there is still no decent Pikes Peak mod for AC, that would be amazing.

where does it say the they won't support VR?
They're smarter than that.
They been saying the same thing as they did when DiRT 4 has released -
"if there's demand" [for it]. Well... there's IS a demand, a quite big one.
One of the post on this matter on their official forum:
How stupid is the community manager, really? -"“We're focusing on making the core game experience before launch - and after that, if there is demand from our community, then we'll explore the possibility,” McGrath said." IF THERE IS DEMAND?? Isn't it a part of a community managers job to follow social media and forums? There is DEMAND everywhere from the community, now, not after !!

Just wish to them be honest to us... :unsure: I don't have VR at all. :D

Someone from Codemasters had slipped (?), that it will eventually have all official WRX tracks.

It was Solberg Jr. who works as a beta-tester/consultant for the game.

I don't mind having other types of racing as long as they don't compromise the quality of the main experience too much.

It won't. It didn't compromise the rally-quality in DR, and it wasn't the better RX physics that was the issue with D4 rally physics.
Luckily.

I wish they had datamined the first DiRT Rally and seen how many hours people had played rallycross and how many hours traditional rally. Pretty sure they would have seen that it's much less beloved than VR... or cockpit view was druing development of GRID2.

I mean, I don't mind it in there at all, but more locations would have been better than adding more rallycross tracks. Bet this time we'll get new locations as DLC though.

Glad to see more RX content added to this title!

It has spurred my attention even more but the physics, ffb and track tech will have to be greatly improved and have a mp base like iracing before I decide to purchase it.

I was really hoping SMS was gonna release some info on there next title during the sim expo but nothing came.
I would love to hear/see them get a rally/rx license as I feel their track tech/weather and loose surface physics would be perfect for that genre and felt they did an excellent job on the rally content in pc2 which had more current Rally X car/tracks than Dirt Rally.

The only negative I had was the lack of mp features to create league.....which basically made it a waste of effort and killed mp from the start by having no practice or heats.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back