DiRT Rally 2.0 More DiRT Rally 2.0 Details Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Following the surprise announcement of DiRT Rally 2.0, Codemasters have been quick out of the blocks with a brand new screenshot reveal and DR 2.0 Roadbook post!

Although not able to reveal much thanks to an embargo in place until Monday October 1st, Codemasters have still confirmed that many of the 2018 World Rallycross tracks will be available within the title right from the off, with no less than eight locations coming as default content and more set to follow as DLC post launch.

Of the World Rallycross content we know of, Catalunya, Montalegre, Mettet, Silverstone, Hell, Holjes, Trois-Rivieres and Loheac will be included from launch on September 26th. Representing the first eight rounds of the 2018 WRX season, Codemasters have promised more events will be coming to the game at a later stage. Presumably the four remaining events at Riga, COTA, Estering and Cape Town will be up for grabs as DLC, however more details should be announced on the build up to public release next February.

Also confirmed in the roadbook today are some of the more traditional point to point rally locations, with New Zealand, Argentina, Poland, Spain, USA, and Australia all set to make an appearance.

DiRT Rally 2.0 2.jpg
DiRT Rally 2.0 1.jpg

DiRT Rally 2.0 will release February 26th 2019.

If you want to discussion the game with our passionate community, and read about the latest news, check out the RaceDepartment DiRT Rally 2.0 Sub Forum for a great place to pick up mods, catch the latest news and chat about the game with our community. Give it a go, just keep it DiRTy!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Wasn't this game supposed to be the official WRC game? A WRC game without WRC cars? It makes sense.

Nope, this is the official WRX game, not WRC ;) Which is why we'll (finally) end up with all WRX tracks.

And what about R5 cars?

Polo R5 is in (And, as it is the same parent company, I would guess the Fabia is in as well). Fiesta R5 is quite likely, as Ford/M-Sport doesn't seem to be like e.g Toyota when it comes to cars in the game. Who knows, maybe the Mirage R5 as well, as that's not a Mitsubishi-approved car, Mitsubishi refuses to homologate it so I guess it can be licensed directly from the Swedes quite cheap.
I would imagine PSA being included as well, so C3 and 208, sadly I think they will refuse to include the DS3.
I would also imagine the Proton being very cheap and easy to license for the game, if Codemasters have thought of it, is a different matter.
Then of course the Hyundai i20 R5 was in DiRT 4, and you got the nationally homologated/not yet used, Toyota Etios R5 (probably not included due to being a Toyota) and Opel Corsa R5 (Probably not included due to no confirmed plans to actually used it for rallying, even though that is PSA as well, and could be licensed together with C3 and 208 in theory).

So I would say that we'll likely see 4 R5 cars in the game. Potentially (with some luck) 7 R5 cars. If all stars align etc. we could end up with 8, but I think that is just as likely as Codemasters hiding a WRC license to include in to DiRT 4 (so, zero).

Nope, this is the official WRX game, not WRC ;) Which is why we'll (finally) end up with all WRX tracks.

Polo R5 is in (And, as it is the same parent company, I would guess the Fabia is in as well). Fiesta R5 is quite likely, as Ford/M-Sport doesn't seem to be like e.g Toyota when it comes to cars in the game. Who knows, maybe the Mirage R5 as well, as that's not a Mitsubishi-approved car, Mitsubishi refuses to homologate it so I guess it can be licensed directly from the Swedes quite cheap.
I would imagine PSA being included as well, so C3 and 208, sadly I think they will refuse to include the DS3.
I would also imagine the Proton being very cheap and easy to license for the game, if Codemasters have thought of it, is a different matter.
Then of course the Hyundai i20 R5 was in DiRT 4, and you got the nationally homologated/not yet used, Toyota Etios R5 (probably not included due to being a Toyota) and Opel Corsa R5 (Probably not included due to no confirmed plans to actually used it for rallying, even though that is PSA as well, and could be licensed together with C3 and 208 in theory).

So I would say that we'll likely see 4 R5 cars in the game. Potentially (with some luck) 7 R5 cars. If all stars align etc. we could end up with 8, but I think that is just as likely as Codemasters hiding a WRC license to include in to DiRT 4 (so, zero).

Then again, they've had VW before and no Skoda's so nothing is certain. They've been having trouble with these licenses before.

Never played rallycross on dirt rally 1 and I have no plans to do it on this one neither, give me quality rally stages that's all I ask. With what Im hyped its with my country being on the game, hope they make real stages and no just fictional ones, el condor-copina made by codies would be a dream

Codemasters aren't in trouble (not the Dirt/F1 team at least). I wouldn't say they're better than ever but after the GRID 2 and Autosport debacle and after years of trying to appeal to Ken Block fanboys with the pre-Rally games I'd say they're on the right track.

Then again I am reminded of how much of a failure Onrush was. Instead of placing that team (Driveclub guys) on the next GRID development they tried making a racing game without racing. A driving game made to appeal to fans of MOBAs and class based team games. Brilliant! Who thought that was a great idea??

Never played rallycross on dirt rally 1 and I have no plans to do it on this one neither, give me quality rally stages that's all I ask. With what Im hyped its with my country being on the game, hope they make real stages and no just fictional ones, el condor-copina made by codies would be a dream

They said only parts were real. They cannot do DR style of excisting stages anymore. My guess is they got approval from FIA to do partial real stages in the 1st DR. But i think Milestone did not like the fact the parts were so long. In DR2.0 they said recognizable pieces like argentina bridge etc will be in. In one of the videos they said they used google earth sattelite to base the road on.

I never played rallycross nor highclimb in Dirt Rally. I'm not interested in that and it seems DR2 is more focused in car racing and colliding (as seen in the trailer) than in stages and serious rally driving. Honestly I'm starting to loose all interest in this upcoming title: no WRC cars, no WRC iconic locations, no VR, more arcadey in the looks and who knows if also in the gameplay, and with no improvents in the technical aspects of the game... I think I'll stick with DR1 for a long time. Simulation of driving on tarmac may be poor, but who wants that in a rally game when you have slippery surfaces? For tarmac I have Nords and Assetto Corsa.

I never played rallycross nor highclimb in Dirt Rally. I'm not interested in that and it seems DR2 is more focused in car racing and colliding (as seen in the trailer) than in stages and serious rally driving. Honestly I'm starting to loose all interest in this upcoming title: no WRC cars, no WRC iconic locations, no VR, more arcadey in the looks and who knows if also in the gameplay, and with no improvents in the technical aspects of the game... I think I'll stick with DR1 for a long time. Simulation of driving on tarmac may be poor, but who wants that in a rally game when you have slippery surfaces? For tarmac I have Nords and Assetto Corsa.

No WRC iconic locations? :O_o:

*cough* Argentina *cough*

Do people never get tired of Nordschleife? :roflmao:

There are some big plans for this game!

I've been spending a bit more time on the prototype version of DR2 today, which is basically 3 DR stages with 6 different cars using the DR2 physics, and I have been having a hell of a lot of fun!

This game is going to be a real surprise to everyone. I can't wait until I can try different tyres and different setups to really get the cars feeling like I want them to.

Jon Armstrong and Ryan Champion have done a really good job with the base physics so far!

There are some big plans for this game!

I've been spending a bit more time on the prototype version of DR2 today, which is basically 3 DR stages with 6 different cars using the DR2 physics, and I have been having a hell of a lot of fun!

This game is going to be a real surprise to everyone. I can't wait until I can try different tyres and different setups to really get the cars feeling like I want them to.

Jon Armstrong and Ryan Champion have done a really good job with the base physics so far!

I just wanna chime in and say that the community beta feedback along with Jon Armstrong and Ryan Champion has formed the handling to what it is today.
The first build we received was VERY different from what we have now. They've been addressing what we pointed out, validating the changes through Jon and Ryan.

Can't get enough of the RWD cars :D

No WRC iconic locations? :O_o:

*cough* Argentina *cough*

Do people never get tired of Nordschleife? :roflmao:

Nords is the only track I use in Assetto Corsa. Believe me, most of the other tracks I have never even loaded them once (F1/GT circuits are so wide, safe and boring, without any sense of speed). I remember having tried some other tracks which resemble roads (sorry I don't remember the names) and which are not bad, but Nords is the best. It's long, challenging, beutiful... so what's the need for other tracks.

As I Said in a other threads... This place is rally becoming a kindergarten.
You mean in the way how some people can't type properly and throw money left and right without being reasonable in the slightest? Also disagreeing with others' posts containing something they don't like for whatever reason.

Codemasters are asking a lot for this thing. And it appears that it's mostly because of the inclusion of the rally cross part. What exactly do you disagree with? Or do you disagree because you have too much money for your own good, so you are ok with throwing as much of it at the devs as they'd ask for? Good for you.

Either way, I'm not impressed with the videos anyway. With that kind of handling I'd better go back to DR and RBR. Nice try, Codemasters.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back